ADVERTISEMENT

Brewster getting railed on Tweeter

RolloTomassi0309

Oct 27, 2017
Brewster got on the Tweeter machine talking about the secsec is God's gift to football and is the greatest conference ever known to man. Problem is, same Brewster got on 8 months ago claiming accacc as the greatest conference.
he's been called out on this by many many people. our guys sterns and buechele prominently among them.

anyway, so he said something akin to "the truly elite prospects in Texas know the sec is the best". so here's my question-- what's their retort when a kid says "you know, you're right. the secsec is the greatest conference. so i'm going to arkansas (or missouri. or mississippi. or alabama)." how do they respond? the kid clearly bought the ol' secsec pitch. but there's 13 other schools in secsec.

Aggy has set themselves up in a hamster wheel trap of sort. Round and round it goes and no matter what they say or do (short of winning a natty which won't happen) they end up in the same place and still trapped and beholden to their conference and it's powers.

Reactions: outhereincali
How many big bro's does aggy now have?

Longhorn
Sooner
Red Raider
Tiger
Crimson Tide

Who did I miss.... They should jump to another conference and grow the family. ;)

His tweets as an old man trying to use hipster lingo are cringeworthy. He's gone full aggy.

giphy.gif

Reactions: q1w2e3
Did Sterns say something back on Twitter? I couldn't find the response, but I thought I heard he had a pretty good response.

If the SEC was that good and A&M was that good, why would they have to pay a guaranteed 75M to any coach - let alone one who has a very poor record without a particular quarterback.

Reactions: Scholz
If the SEC was that good and A&M was that good, why would they have to pay a guaranteed 75M to any coach - let alone one who has a very poor record without a particular quarterback.

His record against rival teams is also a bit misleading. Miami was a dumpster fire before Richt got there and the Gators haven't been competitive since Meyer left.

His record against rival teams is also a bit misleading. Miami was a dumpster fire before Richt got there and the Gators haven't been competitive since Meyer left.
Not to mention he had many close calls on the road against above average teams (struggled against NC State). His system/philosophy will not blow teams out and excite you (Aggies may get bored with his offense compared to watching Sumlin's over the years). He has to rely on an elite DC or his defenses will underachieve as well (Herman values a dominant/aggressive defense much more and this will separate him between the two in overall wins).

look, we make fun of them for playing new mexico body&fender and st. iganacious school for blind nuns, but they get clemson, alabama, auburn (provided it's one of their "up" years) next year. mississippi state may have one last competitive year in them, too, with nick fitzgerald. i mean, they get 7, that's pretty good.

look, we make fun of them for playing new mexico body&fender and st. iganacious school for blind nuns, but they get clemson, alabama, auburn (provided it's one of their "up" years) next year. mississippi state may have one last competitive year in them, too, with nick fitzgerald. i mean, they get 7, that's pretty good.

I'm surprised that aggy hasn't already backed out of their home and home with Clemson. :rolleyes:

You guys might want to look up SOS for the past few years and see who is playing the weaker schedule.
K. Am I reading this wrong? Because last year we were at 17 and you were at 41?

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

And the SEC games the system with a feedback loop where all the teams are ranked higher and all give each other a boost because you all start off with 4 wins against high school teams.

The SEC consists of 3 really good teams (Bama, Auburn, Georgia), 2 sometimes good ones (LSU, ehh Florida) and 9 mediocre teams who claim superiority with no accomplishments.

Not sure who is reading it wrong. I looked at ESPN FPI and it said A&M had the 17th toughest while Texas was 31. I looked from 2013-2017 and only saw Texas had a tougher schedule once. I'm not sure which is the best site to look at though. I looked at a couple of different ones. I think like any other conference teams jump up and spend a couple of years being good. Auburn was horrible a few years ago then got pretty good again. When they were down Tennessee was pretty good and Florida was pretty good. Miss. St and Ole Miss had nice runs as well. LSU has been sometimes good. They have been a top 15 team for years.

You're probably looking at the pre-season. You know before the games are played. Mine was from January of this year looking back. In any case the disengenous scheduling of the SEC teams and misleading feedback loop have a lot to do with it.

tennessee hasn't been good since phil fulmer! florida beat up on their 3 layups and the secsec east with mcelwain-- they weren't good! come on man! it's been a while for us but we still know good football around here when we see it.

You're probably looking at the pre-season. You know before the games are played. Mine was from January of this year looking back. In any case the disengenous scheduling of the SEC teams and misleading feedback loop have a lot to do with it.

Cool, then looking at the same link you just gave, pull up the past several years. A&M has had the harder schedule. The bottom line is that A&M needs one good non conference game, which they have had and then it doesn;'t matter who they schedule.

You're avoiding the feedback loop I'm referencing for the previous years. If you only play 8 in conference games and play 3 or 4 high school teams OOC, then everyone in conference is 8-5 or 7-4 and not 6-5 or 5-6. See how that works? It lifts all of your boats by all playing "better ranked" teams.

It's a mirage. Only 3 or 4 of SEC teams are elite. The rest just benefit from the conference disingenuous gaming of the system. And your OOC schedule remains absolutely laughable and should be mocked. I especially like how you guys play a sister of the poor in November when the final rankings are being set. Awesome weekend of football in the SEC. That's not weak at all.

Anyway, back to Brewster, his riding Bama, Auburn and Georgia's jocks for recruits while aggy wins exactly jack squat also remains laughable and should be mocked.

Anyway, back to Brewster, his riding Bama, Auburn and Georgia's jocks for recruits while aggy wins exactly jack squat also remains laughable and should be mocked.
It is funny how all of these Big12 athletes that every school in the SEC recruited or would have liked to have, has gone out of their way to make a post about the laughability of his comment. These guys know better, they may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night.

Reactions: Scholz
Brewster is getting taken to the woodshed again. He posted a graphic with the average NFL salary of "Fisher's Defensive Backs". Problem is all but one of them is an FSU guy.

Jalen Ramsey called him out on it. Pretty entertaining.

Reactions: diadevic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT