ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard Arrested

This statement probably did more harm than good if there are indeed pictures. If there are not pictures then no one will ever know either way. Baring anything new coming out Beard will probably be retained, but Texas will probably make it clear to him this can’t happen again.

So what’s the consensus-does Beard stay?
I would say most likely unless Texas knows or discovers facts that aren’t public right now. I also think it’s likely they still have him sit out the remainder of the season, let him sort out his personal life, let things blow over and bring him back next year. Make it clear that this kind of thing can not happen again.

It's obvious what has happened.
I agree!! I don’t think it was as bad as crazy lady made it out to be tho. I also don’t mind putting some sand/kitty litter on it and try and make the smell go away.

Who says those weren't self inflicted? Look I'm no woman hater. I was raised by a woman by herself much of my early life and helped raise a woman. I live my life around a shit load of women. I support women but I don't automatically believe what comes out of their mouth just because of their sex. Women lie as well.
If she lied to the police then she’s going to be investigated further for obstruction. If those facts turn out to be true, she’s facing a little prison time. Based off the public records and police reports, her lies are major whoppers. She’s basically retracting her entire story. So which is true - her original story or the current story? The responding officers noted and documented her physical injuries which is what led to CB’s arrest. If she inflicted her own injuries to support her original story, she’s in deep doo doo.

“As Chris’ fiancée and biggest supporter, I apologize for the role I played in this unfortunate event. I realize that my frustration, when breaking his glasses, initiated a physical struggle between Chris and myself.”

If his "biggest supporter" is the chick who accused him of domestic abuse in a falsely filed police report then this dude needs some better supporters. He also needs to press charges.

Jokes aside this does not sound like the statements, nor actions, of a sane individual. An unmedicated bipolar schizophrenic maybe. But not a sane individual. I don't know Mr. Beard from Adam, but I certainly hope he kicks her to the curb, complete with restraining order.

It's obvious what has happened.
Pink Floyd says "And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?
We call it riding the gravy train"
gravy-train-nease-cartoons-the-cagle-post.jpg

If she lied to the police then she’s going to be investigated further for obstruction. If those facts turn out to be true, she’s facing a little prison time. Based off the public records and police reports, her lies are major whoppers. She’s basically retracting her entire story. So which is true - her original story or the current story? The responding officers noted and documented her physical injuries which is what led to CB’s arrest. If she inflicted her own injuries to support her original story, she’s in deep doo doo.
Did she say she got those from Chris or did the police just write down that she had a bite wound and scratches? It's just like the report said she was choked. But was she really choked or grabbed from behind to control her from hitting him again. This is why video is way more important because vague reports are just not detailed. If she's dropping the charges and she's not being accused of a false report than someone made a big mistake.

Here's what my HPD friend told me.

It happens all the time! Family Violence is super difficult to get a charge because complainant will back track for whatever reason. Filing a false report you would have to say you made it all up...which rarely happens. The state can pick up charges against the suspect if there is a ton of evidence or if injuires are bad. ..don't need a complainant. Wife/girlfriend can say no I don't want to pursue and state can say **** you we're pursuing. Especially Agg Assault and if they have priors.

When he says it happens all the time he's referring to charges being dropped.

Here's what my HPD friend told me.

It happens all the time! Family Violence is super difficult to get a charge because complainant will back track for whatever reason. Filing a false report you would have to say you made it all up...which rarely happens. The state can pick up charges against the suspect if there is a ton of evidence or if injuires are bad. ..don't need a complainant. Wife/girlfriend can say no I don't want to pursue and state can say **** you we're pursuing. Especially Agg Assault and if they have priors.

When he says it happens all the time he's referring to charges being dropped.
I just want the truth. If the guy abuses women, kick him to the curb. Period. No place for that in athletics.

Yes, women can get on your last fvcking nerve, I get it. Still, if she ain't coming at you Uganda style, just lock yourself in the sh!tter and wait for it to blow over.

I just want the truth. If the guy abuses women, kick him to the curb. Period. No place for that in athletics.

Yes, women can get on your last fvcking nerve, I get it. Still, if she ain't coming at you Uganda style, just lock yourself in the sh!tter and wait for it to blow over.
If he abused women it wouldn't be his first run in with the law. Men that can't control their emotions usually make a habit out of it. If he has in the past and it was all swept under the rug there will be women coming out of the wood work. One thing is for sure it's hard to hide your past now a days. I'm not saying the guy is innocent but I'm not saying he's 100% guilty. He is guilty of putting himself in a bad situation.

Last edited:
If he abused women it wouldn't be his first run in with the law. Men that can't control their emotions usually make a habit out of it. If he has in the past and it was all swept under the rug their will be women coming out of the wood work. One thing is for sure it's hard to hide your past now a days. I'm not saying the guy is innocent but I'm not saying he's 100% guilty. He is guilty of putting himself in a bad situation.
Yes. To quote the great Stonie Clark- "If you can't swim, best keep yo black ass out the pool."
I don't know if Chris Beard can swim through this.

• Haha
Reactions: LongfellowDrew
I think Texas is doing some background. It wouldn’t surprise me if they are trying to get to the bottom of whether this has happened before. Have their been other issues where maybe the cops weren’t called, etc if Chris beard is back as HC it won’t be this year

Reactions: freeper
Umm...what? Football is at minimum back to where it was when Herman was here. MBB is performing at the level of a final four team before this disaster, and baseball was just at the world series? Director's cup? Fan engagement. Bevo Blvd...

Jay Wright would be my first call.
theminister of culture needs to take over personel moves imo
Who knows this team could play with a kind of emotion that will take us deep into the season. I've seen it happen in sports before
Why don't they give the minister of culture an expanded role to include all personel moves

• Haha
Reactions: LongfellowDrew
theminister of culture needs to take over personel moves imo

Why don't they give the minister of culture an expanded role to include all personel moves
I know you are mocking him but you got to admit he helped create a pretty badass arena and atmosphere. If you haven't seen it yet you need to.

P.S. You seem to be getting back to your old self. Glad to see it.

I know you are mocking him but you got to admit he helped create a pretty badass arena and atmosphere. If you haven't seen it yet you need to.

It’s a Christmas miracleIii’mback to my old self.thank you TinyTim wherever you are u little sumbitch you

Last edited:

I saw the dedication “ Bless the Mood”

Reactions: DHHorn
I said something earlier that Beard hired Perry Minton.

And Minton's influence is showing. The witness is is saying now that she overreacted.

Is it legal to fire somebody for defending themselves? That would be a mother of a dilemma. Lawsuit for wrongful termination could be looming.

Is it legal to fire somebody for defending themselves? That would be a mother of a dilemma. Lawsuit for wrongful termination could be looming.
I would put money on other schools lining up to hire beard for more than we are paying. Likewise, any remaining players on the Texas roster will be poached in minutes. The way to know whether Texas is going to fire beard... the moment our current committed recruits decommit, I will know that beard is lining them up at his new gig. Texas will be a dumpster fire in basketball for a decade.

The athletic department will also be paying the Oak View Group tens of millions in lost ROI.

I would put money on other schools lining up to hire beard for more than we are paying. Likewise, any remaining players on the Texas roster will be poached in minutes. The way to know whether Texas is going to fire beard... the moment our current committed recruits decommit, I will know that beard is lining them up at his new gig. Texas will be a dumpster fire in basketball for a decade.

The athletic department will also be paying the Oak View Group tens of millions in lost ROI.
That's extreme hyperbole.

What about Texas's past performance in men's sports would lead you to believe otherwise?
The fact that they have only 2 seasons below .500 this century would lead me to believe they wouldn't be a "dumpster fire for a decade". It's asinine to think that Chris Beard is the only guy that can come in here and have success lol. Now if you said they would probably have 1 to 2 down years then that's a different story. But a decade, come on man that's utterly ridiculous. Especially in the day and age of NIL and amount of money and resources the University of Texas has.

Reactions: hookem777
Guys Rodney Terry is the coach for the rest of the season.

Conference season is finally here now let's give the man a chance to show what he can do.

My brothers in Austin who follow TX hoops closely feel that since he became coach that he is starting to win the players over. Maybe there's reason for hope.

We need to start talking about Rodney Terry not Chris Beard.

Leave Beard to his high fallutin lawyer Minton.

Conference starts on Nye in OK. Nye in OK of all places?

Haven't our players suffered enough in the last month?

The fact that they have only 2 seasons below .500 this century would lead me to believe they wouldn't be a "dumpster fire for a decade". It's asinine to think that Chris Beard is the only guy that can come in here and have success lol. Now if you said they would probably have 1 to 2 down years then that's a different story. But a decade, come on man that's utterly ridiculous. Especially in the day and age of NIL and amount of money and resources the University of Texas has.
Shaka was greater than. 500 and the arena was empty. I don't think .500 is the bar at Texas. The bar is Big 12 championships and sweet sixteen+ runs. The minimum is a full stadium that can pay off the private equity. It's a new world and the margins aren't .500 records anymore. I would say, .800 ball and top 5-10 recruiting/transfer classes would keep the stadium reasonably full.

Guys Rodney Terry is the coach for the rest of the season.

Conference season is finally here now let's give the man a chance to show what he can do.

My brothers in Austin who follow TX hoops closely feel that since he became coach that he is starting to win the players over. Maybe there's reason for hope.

We need to start talking about Rodney Terry not Chris Beard.

Leave Beard to his high fallutin lawyer Minton.

Conference starts on Nye in OK. Nye in OK of all places?

Haven't our players suffered enough in the last month?
Rodney Terry is a non starter.

Rodney Terry < Shaka Smart

What's Terry's best tournament run?
Highest rated recruiting class
Highest rated transfer class

This is Chris Beard's team. I'm sure he can win with them but next year will be last place in the b12.

Last edited:
Shaka was greater than. 500 and the arena was empty. I don't think .500 is the bar at Texas. The bar is Big 12 championships and sweet sixteen+ runs. The minimum is a full stadium that can pay off the private equity. It's a new world and the margins aren't .500 records anymore. I would say, .800 ball and top 5-10 recruiting/transfer classes would keep the stadium reasonably full.
It took Beard less than 2 years to turn the program around from where Shaka had it and you want me to believe that they are going to be in the dumps for a decade lol. Excuse me if I think that's a little ridiculous.

It took Beard less than 2 years to turn the program around from where Shaka had it and you want me to believe that they are going to be in the dumps for a decade lol. Excuse me if I think that's a little ridiculous.
Texas hired shaka, giggles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT