ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard Arrested

Who knows this team could play with a kind of emotion that will take us deep into the season. I've seen it happen in sports before
They pointed it out in the broadcast today and I pointed it out last week. This team has played a ton of basketball both together and at other programs, and Rodney Terry has been an assistant ar Texas for 11 seasons and a HC for 10 seasons. They won’t be phased by this really. To be honest if you asked the players they’d probably tell you they’d prefer Beard stays away.

They played poorly today. The offense wasn't moving at all against a terrible Stanford team. The defense was good in spots but not much energy. They didn't cover the spread. They have been bad in the last 2 games. If they keep this up, 5th place in the b12.

They played poorly today. The offense wasn't moving at all against a terrible Stanford team. The defense was good in spots but not much energy. They didn't cover the spread. They have been bad in the last 2 games. If they keep this up, 5th place in the b12.
Lol did you even watch the game?

I did not. I was busy being pissed at my bets LOL.

How'd we look on both ends?
Defensively we were really good. Offensively it was pretty much the same as it’s been most of the year. Good at times, other times it was a struggle. Nothing happened today to drastically change anyone’s opinion of the team

Reactions: weevilcatch
On Texas basketball twitter page it still says Head Coach Beard
Technically that’s true. Rodney Terry’s official title right now is “acting head coach”. Whatever happens I don’t think Beard coaches another game this season… beyond that we will see. I’d say the smart money is on him being done.

If you watch the men's vs women's basketball games, it's night and day. Chris Beard did a fabulous job creating fan support for his team. Vic Sheafer does not engage in the same way as Beard and the attendance shows. Anyway, look for attendance and the quality of play to drop off. It may not happen immediately but unicorns and rainbows are out in full force thinking everything will be as it has been if Beard is fired. It won't. It will go downhill fast. The recruiting will be the first to take a hit. We may have a decent season but I don't think we get a tourney win and next year's team will be awful.

If you watch the men's vs women's basketball games, it's night and day. Chris Beard did a fabulous job creating fan support for his team. Vic Sheafer does not engage in the same way as Beard and the attendance shows. Anyway, look for attendance and the quality of play to drop off. It may not happen immediately but unicorns and rainbows are out in full force thinking everything will be as it has been if Beard is fired. It won't. It will go downhill fast. The recruiting will be the first to take a hit. We may have a decent season but I don't think we get a tourney win and next year's team will be awful.
Maybe wait and see who CDC decides to hire. Beard is not the only good coach out there.

Maybe wait and see who CDC decides to hire. Beard is not the only good coach out there.
Correct. This idea that 2300 is pushing that Chris Beard is the only coach that can win at Texas and therefore Texas should keep him regardless of how he conducts himself is just an absolutely insane position to take and couldn’t be more wrong.

The bar will be a national title game.

The rumor on Surly is that Beard told her to get out and was sleeping the in the guest room til she packed the things and moved out. She was a gf, not a wife. She didn't want to go back to Lubbock and attacked him. Crazy as can be.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: RoboCocks21
The bar will be a national title game.

The rumor on Surly is that Beard told her to get out and was sleeping the in the guest room til she packed the things and moved out. She was a gf, not a wife. She didn't want to go back to Lubbock and attacked him. Crazy as can be.
I get it and think he was provoked as well. I'm having trouble seeing the need for him to choke her though. He f'ed up.

I get it and think he was provoked as well. I'm having trouble seeing the need for him to choke her though. He f'ed up.
That’s the problem he has. Even if he was provoked there are many other options that don’t land him in jail and unemployed

Reactions: outhereincali
A guy I have my eye on if you can’t land a big fish is Chis Jans head coach at Mississippi State. He has a resume very similar to Chris Beard’s path . Won a national title at the Juco ranks, at New Mexico State he made the tournament 4 of his 5 years there, and in his first year at Mississippi state he has them sitting at 11-0… they won 18 games last year. Couple of loose ties to Texas. He coached Timmy Allen’s brother. Also coached current Horn Sir’Jabbari rice.

If CDC can’t land a huge name… he’d be my first target.

Reactions: westx
Was it two hands choke or in a choke hold like a cop would do to get someone under control.
In her statement it was an arm bar style choke hold from behind. Good point, maybe he was intending to only hold her. My older brother did this all the time when we would fight and would squeeze harder and harder until I gave up, dang near choked me out a few times.

In her statement it was an arm bar style choke hold from behind. Good point, maybe he was intending to only hold her. My older brother did this all the time when we would fight and would squeeze harder and harder until I gave up, dang near choked me out a few times.
My guess is she was a crazy toxic chic. I've seen a couple fight and the girl slap the shit out of my friend. He grabbed her in a bear hug style so she wouldn't hit him again. Of course when other people saw this they thought he was the instigator because they didn't see the slap. Of course he could've walked away but I'm sure she would've followed. Sometimes you have no other choice but to defend yourself.

Toxic relationships are horrible.

A guy I have my eye on if you can’t land a big fish is Chis Jans head coach at Mississippi State. He has a resume very similar to Chris Beard’s path . Won a national title at the Juco ranks, at New Mexico State he made the tournament 4 of his 5 years there, and in his first year at Mississippi state he has them sitting at 11-0… they won 18 games last year. Couple of loose ties to Texas. He coached Timmy Allen’s brother. Also coached current Horn Sir’Jabbari rice.

If CDC can’t land a huge name… he’d be my first target.
Has he coached in a national championship game? If not, step down. The attendance will collapse.

My guess is she was a crazy toxic chic. I've seen a couple fight and the girl slap the shit out of my friend. He grabbed her in a bear hug style so she wouldn't hit him again. Of course when other people saw this they thought he was the instigator because they didn't see the slap. Of course he could've walked away but I'm sure she would've followed. Sometimes you have no other choice but to defend yourself.

Toxic relationships are horrible.
Whether she was crazy or toxic he's wrong. You don't harm women.

Has he coached in a national championship game? If not, step down. The attendance will collapse.
Did Chis beard coach a title game before he got to Tech? No this is Jars first year in the power 5. Shaka smart coached in a final 4 from a mid major. Howd that work out for him when he got to Texas? Rick Barnes had never coached a final 4 prior to coming to Texas. That worked out ok

Your standard is insane and not realistic. As far as attendance? Win games and schedule good games that’s how you bring fans.

What on earth is an arm at style choke? Lol

Did Chis beard coach a title game before he got to Tech? No this is Jars first year in the power 5. Shaka smart coached in a final 4 from a mid major. Howd that work out for him when he got to Texas? Rick Barnes had never coached a final 4 prior to coming to Texas. That worked out ok

Your standard is insane and not realistic. As far as attendance? Win games and schedule good games that’s how you bring fans.
No, but we didn't hire Beard. We hired Shaka. Let me be honest. Texas does not do a good job when it comes to hiring coaches for men's sports. If he does not have skins on the wall, he will likely fail here. Rick Barnes failed here and he is a top 10 coach.

No, but we didn't hire Beard. We hired Shaka. Let me be honest. Texas does not do a good job when it comes to hiring coaches for men's sports. If he does not have skins on the wall, he will likely fail here. Rick Barnes failed here and he is a top 10 coach.
Lol come on man. Rick Barnes failed here? Just stop you are making an ass of yourself

He was fired?!?! I would call that failure. Mack won a national title but he was fired as well. Look, there aren't many people who are going to produce the results and have the magnetic personality to put apathetic Texas fans in seats. Beard is engaging and has a fun personality. I bet he stays and we lose all the whiney bitch me too fans and still sell out the MC.

What on earth is an arm at style choke? Lol
No idea, I made that up because I don't know the real name. When someone gets behind you and wraps their forearm across your throat and squeezes. Regular choke hold I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT