ADVERTISEMENT

EOT

Your history lessons were horribly distorted if that is what you took from them. While Chinese immigrants were sometimes paid their pay was ridiculously low, much lower than white counterparts. Further the work was brutal and some were forced or else. Think sweatshops except with immigrants simply dying while working and someone saying drag him off (if they were lucky) and drag another one on.
As the grandson of one of those Chinese immigrants, I'd like to elaborate a bit. My grandfather was born in Toi Shan, the village where the majority of Chinese immigrants originated. The village had a system, they paid your passage, when you returned you repaid with interest. My grandfather arrived wearing one set of clothes and owing for his passage. He arrived in 1873. There was a Panic that year, because the railroads had overbuilt, selling bonds that couldn't be repaid. We don't know exactly, I think that he worked as a houseboy on a ranch. Someone took an interest in him, he learned to speak English and Spanish, ride, shoot, drive a wagon. He then learned to gamble. 25+ years later he had saved enough money to start a restaurant. This allowed him to bring a wife, my grandmother. She was the first Chinese woman in East Texas. My grandfather lived in the USA for 69 years. Never allowed to become a citizen, vote, or testify in court. Thank you California. When he died, both his sons were flying in the Air Corps. The immigrants came here because the money was so much better. They called it "the land of the Golden Mountain." Most intended to retire to Toi Shan as wealthy gentlemen. My grandfather came to Texas to escape prejudice in California. I'm so glad that he didn't retire to the old country.

As the grandson of one of those Chinese immigrants, I'd like to elaborate a bit. My grandfather was born in Toi Shan, the village where the majority of Chinese immigrants originated. The village had a system, they paid your passage, when you returned you repaid with interest. My grandfather arrived wearing one set of clothes and owing for his passage. He arrived in 1873. There was a Panic that year, because the railroads had overbuilt, selling bonds that couldn't be repaid. We don't know exactly, I think that he worked as a houseboy on a ranch. Someone took an interest in him, he learned to speak English and Spanish, ride, shoot, drive a wagon. He then learned to gamble. 25+ years later he had saved enough money to start a restaurant. This allowed him to bring a wife, my grandmother. She was the first Chinese woman in East Texas. My grandfather lived in the USA for 69 years. Never allowed to become a citizen, vote, or testify in court. Thank you California. When he died, both his sons were flying in the Air Corps. The immigrants came here because the money was so much better. They called it "the land of the Golden Mountain." Most intended to retire to Toi Shan as wealthy gentlemen. My grandfather came to Texas to escape prejudice in California. I'm so glad that he didn't retire to the old country.

That is an awesome story, thank you for sharing.

Reactions: StrangerHorn

Is Toi Shan a part of the Guangdong province?. A long time ago I learned that most of the Chinese immigrants who came to America came from there. It's a province in southwestern China. I've read about the Exclusion Act pf 1875 but Rutherford B. Hayes who was POTUS at time vetoed it. They were limited to 15 per boat and without women. They are the largest among the Asian peoples in the United States more than 5 million. They have come to America and prospered.

Is Toi Shan a part of the Guangdong province?. A long time ago I learned that most of the Chinese immigrants who came to America came from there. It's a province in southwestern China. I've read about the Exclusion Act pf 1875 but Rutherford B. Hayes who was POTUS at time vetoed it. They were limited to 15 per boat and without women. They are the largest among the Asian peoples in the United States more than 5 million. They have come to America and prospered.
Yes. Used to be called Canton in English.

You keep your filthy hands off my Guang-dong!

Speaking of Blazing Saddles, kind of silly they cancelled Dukes of Hazard and haven't made a peep about that movie. Maybe because it stars a black guy? Who knows but that movie is a classic
Well---- Mel Brooks is......... of a certain royalty of sorts in Hollywood. And the intent of the movie was to show the absurdity of racism and actually mock it. So because Mel is a god-father of sorts, he was given a wide berth.

Well---- Mel Brooks is......... of a certain royalty of sorts in Hollywood. And the intent of the movie was to show the absurdity of racism and actually mock it. So because Mel is a god-father of sorts, he was given a wide berth.
I figure if someone is gonna be a dumbass, at least be consistant. I know i know, that's asking too much.

Of all the stereotypes in that movie the funniest one was the gay dancers at the end of the movie. Dom Delouise was hilarious. To this day I lmao.

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
If you watch the movie on cable today, there's a lot of bleeping. I've got a DVD.

If you don't like eot, go elsewhere.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aus...-alumni-groups-denounce-use-of-eyes-of-texas/

Shameless attempt to extract cash.
Saw that yesterday. "But....but.... three guys wore blackface this one time in 1917....... So you needs to pay me.....".

Everybody wants something for nothing. Look what we've become. Thanks soccer moms of the late 90s and early 2000s. Now not only does everyone get a trophy, everyone wants to be a victim if their trophy isn't big enough.

If you don't like eot, go elsewhere.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aus...-alumni-groups-denounce-use-of-eyes-of-texas/

Shameless attempt to extract cash.
So, a sophomore (maybe about 19 years old) has the audacity to make "demands". Those "demands" lifted from the article are below:
  • Immediate retirement of “The Eyes of Texas”
  • Allocation of more financial aid and scholarships to Black students
  • Creating more affordable housing
  • Appointment of more Black professors and teacher’s assistants
  • Required trainings on race, anti-racism and UT’s racist history
  • Increased transparency between UT administration and students
  • Adopting equitable and inclusive practices in recruitment, selection and promotion of UT faculty
  • All buildings named after people with racist histories be renamed for people who have worked to make the UT community more equitable
What are the odds that this kid hasn't had a FT job yet, been completely financially independent (and not dependent on loans, scholarships, or other benefactor), served in the pre-woke military, or otherwise not been reliant in some manner on others. He's likely a good, ambitious kid and will be a productive member of society some day.

I would argue he doesn't have standing to make demands. I wouldn't even get to the merits. This group's PR strategy isn't very good.

Last edited:
So, a sophomore (maybe about 19 years old) has the audacity to make "demands". Those "demands" lifted from the article are below:
  • Adopting equitable and inclusive practices in recruitment, selection and promotion of UT faculty
  • All buildings named after people with racist histories be renamed for people who have worked to make the UT community more equitable
What are the odds that this kid hasn't had a FT job yet, been completely financially independent (and not dependent on loans, scholarships, or other benefactor), served in the pre-woke military, or otherwise not been reliant in some manner on others. He's likely a good, ambitious kid and will be a productive member of society some day.

I would argue he doesn't have standing to make demands. I wouldn't even get to the merits. This group's PR strategy isn't very good.
This new group needs to exercise option b: disassociate with the entity that you “feel” is so massively “racist”. What ever happened to someone exercising their right to vote with their feet and move on to someplace that meets their equity standards. Appeasement is not a winning strategy with these groups.

This new group needs to exercise option b: disassociate with the entity that you “feel” is so massively “racist”. What ever happened to someone exercising their right to vote with their feet and move on to someplace that meets their equity standards. Appeasement is not a winning strategy with these groups.

I'm sure Sully is waiting with open arms.

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn

What a steaming load of horsesh*t! :mad:

It's fvcking shameful. First if all, NO FOOTBALL PLAYERS WERE TOLD TO SING THE SONG. They were told to stand there, horns held high, and show respect to the band and the crowd. So the entire article has lost what little credibility it had right there. One HUGE lie like this destroys the argument.

Next, players futures were not THREATENED, by any alumni. That's another lie. The lone email released to the public encouraged players to leave Texas if they didn't want to participate in our traditions. And I agree. You don't like it, fvck right off to Blinn College or whomever will take your sorry ass.

It's sh!t like this-- the "stir the pot" fvcking little deushe nozzles in our society who don't have any life experience and neither of their testicles have dropped yet, that think their opinion truly matters. Fvcking weak minded children spoiled by their parents because parents didn't want to raise them and hooked them on their digital pacifiers to keep the kids mollified and quiet.

It's fvcking shameful. First if all, NO FOOTBALL PLAYERS WERE TOLD TO SING THE SONG. They were told to stand there, horns held high, and show respect to the band and the crowd. So the entire article has lost what little credibility it had right there. One HUGE lie like this destroys the argument.

Next, players futures were not THREATENED, by any alumni. That's another lie. The lone email released to the public encouraged players to leave Texas if they didn't want to participate in our traditions. And I agree. You don't like it, fvck right off to Blinn College or whomever will take your sorry ass.

It's sh!t like this-- the "stir the pot" fvcking little deushe nozzles in our society who don't have any life experience and neither of their testicles have dropped yet, that think their opinion truly matters. Fvcking weak minded children spoiled by their parents because parents didn't want to raise them and hooked them on their digital pacifiers to keep the kids mollified and quiet.

I have a suspicion that Tommy Boy and some other woke individuals in our academic faculty are pushing this.... The altercation at College Station was much worse than this small song issue.

Speaking again of Blazing Saddles. Lilly Von Schtupp, The Teutonic Bombshell, makes the German female appear as a bunch of sluts. Lilly's backup dancers are shouldering Mausers and wearing spiked helmets and making it appear that the Germans are nothing but war mongers. As a man of largely German Ancestry I say this movie should be banned.

Reactions: clob94
Oh Hell....Ban these books also....they were published in 1903 ( the period of Lynching)

Call of the Wild
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farms
The Souls of Black Folks by W.E.B. DuBois

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Speaking again of Blazing Saddles. Lilly Von Schtupp, The Teutonic Bombshell, makes the German female appear as a bunch of sluts. Lilly's backup dancers are shouldering Mausers and wearing spiked helmets and making it appear that the Germans are nothing but war mongers. As a man of largely German Ancestry I say this movie should be banned.

All my inlaws come from Stuttgart and you should hear the stories about the German people during WW2..they are not Angels for sure, living 4 miles from a Concentration camp and doing nothing...

The reason why Germans are treated badly is this below

The German people never said nothing, just kept on letting them die, sad but true and thats why the Germans have a bad image, one that will never be turn back...Wjen my inlaws came here, they was treated badly and was like a 4th hand US citizen...

All my inlaws come from Stuttgart and you should hear the stories about the German people during WW2..they are not Angels for sure, living 4 miles from a Concentration camp and doing nothing...

The German people never said nothing, just kept on letting them die, sad but true and thats why the Germans have a bad image, one that will never be turn back...Wjen my inlaws came here, they was treated badly and was like a 4th hand US citizen...
Now ask yourself why they didn't say anything.

Know why?

Because those that chose to speak up about the criminal activity they were seeing were at first, silenced by the establishment.

If they continued their protesting, they disappeared forever. Once word got round that if you spoke your mind too loudly that you'd vanish, people just stayed quiet.

The first phase of this tactic, the silencing phase, sounds REALLY FVCKING SIMILAR to me.........to something going on these days....

First they came for Jews, but I wasnt Jewish so I said nothing.
Then they came for the Comminists, but I wasnt communist so I said noting.
Then they came for the trade unionists, but I wasnt a trade Unionist so I said nothing
When they came for me there was no one left to say anything to....

Now ask yourself why they didn't say anything.

Know why?

Because those that chose to speak up about the criminal activity they were seeing were at first, silenced by the establishment.

If they continued their protesting, they disappeared forever. Once word got round that if you spoke your mind too loudly that you'd vanish, people just stayed quiet.

The first phase of this tactic, the silencing phase, sounds REALLY FVCKING SIMILAR to me.........to something going on these days....

As usual, Clob is right on the money. I fear for our country. What is happening today astonishes me, and sadens me. The scarriest thing is that I might actually live to see it. The rest of y'all certainly will...

First they came for Jews, but I wasnt Jewish so I said nothing.
Then they came for the Comminists, but I wasnt communist so I said noting.
Then they came for the trade unionists, but I wasnt a trade Unionist so I said nothing
When they came for me there was no one left to say anything to....

They are coming for the guns. They are coming for churches and Christians. They have a problem. They are outnumbered. As soon as the inflation hits and many more become poor, there will be little to lose and that's when we take it back. It will happen one county at a time. Like minded will group together and push the statists into a hole.

Davey Crockett spoke up about the Indian removal from Tennessee. His constituents voted him out because of it hence Davey said " you can go to hell, l'm going to Texas!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT