Fall camp thread

This may be true. But Jackson Arnold is the key to their season and if not Arnold a qb has to develop. Hey guys our hated rivals could win at least 9 games maybe more this year.

Don't disagree on either front. OU is going to be just fine. They won't tank like Texas did under Mack/Strong/Herman for several years.

With that said I don't think Venables is a guy that will consistently win big games. I think he is somewhere between mediocre and above average.

Sugar coating the shit rotten game Arnold had against Arizona is nothing more than cope. He was awful and it wasn't because the entire offense sat out either.

Don't disagree on either front. OU is going to be just fine. They won't tank like Texas did under Mack/Strong/Herman for several years.

With that said I don't think Venables is a guy that will consistently win big games. I think he is somewhere between mediocre and above average.

Sugar coating the shit rotten game Arnold had against Arizona is nothing more than cope. He was awful and it wasn't because the entire offense sat out either.
Maybe it's to early to judge Venables. Interestingly, his career is on the same trajectory as Sarkisian. I hate to admit it but that hated school north of the Red River should have been in the Peach Bowl. You could be right though maybe he isn't. But my point is that one team we can never write-off is OK.

Maybe it's to early to judge Venables. Interestingly, his career is on the same trajectory as Sarkisian. I hate to admit it but that hated school north of the Red River should have been in the Peach Bowl. You could be right though maybe he isn't. But my point is that one team we can never write-off is OK.

I just don't think he is my man. I happen to think he is a genuine man, respectable man and someone that would be hard to root against. I just don't think he has "it" or knows how to cultivate that. As I've stated, I have been wrong before.

I think he is always going to do just enough to give hope, but never really get it done. Think Mack, but without the 04-09 run. Fred Akers if you will, but not a complete dick bag.

Yup.

I have no problem with free market. I have a problem with monopolies. 20-ish schools shouldn't have a monopoly on college football.

Go back the last 65 years. There's about 20 teams that have won titles in that time period.

That number will dwindle in the next 65 years.
Yessir. I’m just hoping Texas is one of them. I’ve only got so many years left. 2005 was a long time ago.

Since we're taking about OK some here's a trivial pursuit for you. When TX and OK announced they were going to the Big XII 3 years ago the rest of the Big XII were out for blood.

In TX case everybody but KSU beat the horns at least once. However we in won the last game against all of them there by drawing last blood.

But what do KSU, Baylor, TT, KS, and OKS, have in common. They won their last game against OK that means they drew last blood 😂