ADVERTISEMENT

Final Four?

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
Who you got?
Honestly I don’t watch basketball in general outside of the Big XII, so pure guessing on my part.

I could be off because of bracket location, but I’ll go with:

Gonzaga: Lots of experience in this environment.
Kansas: Coming out of Big XII and always a threat.
Baylor: Same as above, but seems more talented. Hurts that they are missing one of their best players?
Duke: It’s coach K’s last year and the powers that be will do all they can to get him there.

Horns will be themselves in round one, but pull it out. Hopefully that takes the pressure off for game two and gets them to sweet 16. That’s as far as they go though.
Prove me wrong guys.

Hook Em!

I’ll take:
Gonzaga
Baylor
Houston
Kansas. I couldn't decide between Auburn and KU, but decided on KU

Last edited:
My Final Four picks:

Gonzaga
Purdue
Arizona
Kansas

Texas loses to VT tomorrow.
If we lose to VT, the vultures will be out. Beard better have a strong transfer class incoming or the Shaka supporters are going to howl.

If we lose to VT, the vultures will be out. Beard better have a strong transfer class incoming or the Shaka supporters are going to howl.

Texas and VT are two teams going in opposite directions. I disagree about the vultures. This is Beard's first year. He needs at least three recruiting cycles and time to do his thing with the team. Beard is a massive upgrade over Smart. People need to show some patience.

Sorry, I disagree. C’Mon man, it’s year one. We are lucky to have the roster we have BECAUSE of Beard. Almost any other coach or if smart was still here, would have had a very sub .500 team. I mean there was nothing left on the roster.
Is this Kchorn?

Sorry, I disagree. C’Mon man, it’s year one. We are lucky to have the roster we have BECAUSE of Beard. Almost any other coach or if smart was still here, would have had a very sub .500 team. I mean there was nothing left on the roster.
Is this Kchorn?
There are many. BWG and KCHorn are a couple but there are a lot of bitter BLM types in the Longhorn fanbase.

I’ve got

Gonzaga
Arizona
Kansas
Kentucky.

those of you that talk about it being year 1 and all the roster turnover. College basketball in general has a lot of roster turnover every year.with the one and done and now the portal John Callpari has replaces most of his roster every year and has for the last 15-20 years. So the roster turnover isn’t really unique this year and doesn’t preclude you from winning. If anything it helps. Beard basically hand picked his team.
As far as it being year 1. Tommy Loyd is in his first year at Arizona and he has never been a HC before might win a national title. On the women’s side Vic Shafer came in to Austin last year with a brand new roster and got to the elite 8. It can be done.
Yes I’ve been critical of Beard, but a couple of things. I think if you got Chris beard in a room where he could be honest he’d probably tell you he hasn’t done a good job this year. 2nd thing is I’ve compared him to Rick Barnes who is going to the HOF and won a lot of games at Texas. So it’s not as though I think he’s a complete loser, but I just don’t think he will elevate Texas to a “Monday night program” as he calls it, and wouldn’t of been my pick had I been in charge.

I’ve got

Gonzaga
Arizona
Kansas
Kentucky.

those of you that talk about it being year 1 and all the roster turnover. College basketball in general has a lot of roster turnover every year.with the one and done and now the portal John Callpari has replaces most of his roster every year and has for the last 15-20 years. So the roster turnover isn’t really unique this year and doesn’t preclude you from winning. If anything it helps. Beard basically hand picked his team.
As far as it being year 1. Tommy Loyd is in his first year at Arizona and he has never been a HC before might win a national title. On the women’s side Vic Shafer came in to Austin last year with a brand new roster and got to the elite 8. It can be done.
Yes I’ve been critical of Beard, but a couple of things. I think if you got Chris beard in a room where he could be honest he’d probably tell you he hasn’t done a good job this year. 2nd thing is I’ve compared him to Rick Barnes who is going to the HOF and won a lot of games at Texas. So it’s not as though I think he’s a complete loser, but I just don’t think he will elevate Texas to a “Monday night program” as he calls it, and wouldn’t of been my pick had I been in charge.
Kentucky and Calipari be gone.

kentucky goes down. if we manage to get to 16, we'll get to 8.

anyway, i had
Kansas
Gonzaga
Villanova
UCLA

I still don't understand why rthis thread does not show up on any computer I have. I have to look at my list of postings to find it.....weird.....

Shaka supporters are going to howl.
Shaka has supporters? I thought I was the last one to give up on him. Nobody can say he didn’t get a a longer opportunity than anybody else at that salary would have gotten. Plus, he resigned and took another job, so the one or two supporters he has need howl in the silence of reality

I just wanted y'all to know that your resident genius now stands at 5558th on the Yahoo tourney pickem board. Really, that is not bad considering there are nearly 500,000 folks in it. There are 3 fools that are perfect through yesterday and a bunch more that only missed on Kentucky. Some of those guys must turn in 1000 brackets....

I’ve got

Gonzaga
Arizona
Kansas
Kentucky.

You just compared 2 blue blood basketball programs to Texas. Kentucky and Arizona both have rich history and have no problem pulling in top recruits year in and out. Our program is nowhere near those 2 programs.

You just compared 2 blue blood basketball programs to Texas. Kentucky and Arizona both have rich history and have no problem pulling in top recruits year in and out. Our program is nowhere near those 2 programs.
Kentucky and AZ have rich history, but their recent history’s haven’t been that great. Doesn’t matter. My point was to say you can reload.your roster every year. In fact between the one and done and transfer portal you have to reload your roster every year and you can win in year 1. Basketball isn’t like football. You aren’t going to have your players for 3-4 years, and your freshman better contribute right away. In football you do legit need 2-3 years. Mick Croin went to the final 4 in his first year at UCLA and if not for a half court buzzer beater beats Gonzaga and plays Baylor for the title.

To those that say “beard is just building this year” I ask building with what? Most of the guys on this roster aren’t back next year. Carr is gone, Jones can come back probably won’t, Ramey is gone, Timmy Allen gone. You are going to have basically an entirely new team next year too. That’s how college ball is played these days. There is no building.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT