ADVERTISEMENT

Fire this idiot !!!!

I'm truly at a loss for words.

I've only witnessed such inept play calling two other times in my life--
The 2008 Detroit Lions that went 0-16 and under the Charlie Strong tenure.

A fake punt on fourth and 6 when you're WINNING? The lack of cognitive dissonance in that situation goes far beyond my ability to grasp.

Not taking a certain three points when you know everyone under the sun knows who is going to attempt the fourth down carry and seeing your offensive line being whipped in the run block department all year-- and you still go for it?

Trying to run out a clock by rushing on first down for 5 yards only to throw the next two downs and run a scant few seconds off a clock?

And then to have it fall on the shoulders of arguably the most consistent player we've had on the roster the last few years only to see him barely miss because of your inept and scattered play calling---- just leaves me aghast. Any confidence that kid has spent the last three years gaining was dashed with that last kick. He probably feels like if Herman loses his job, it will be his fault. Try carrying that around with you for a lifetime.

Tom, seek relevance elsewhere. You'll never find it here. Be gone.

A fake punt on fourth and 6 when you're WINNING? The lack of cognitive dissonance in that situation goes far beyond my ability to grasp.

Not taking a certain three points when you know everyone under the sun knows who is going to attempt the fourth down carry and seeing your offensive line being whipped in the run block department all year-- and you still go for it?

Trying to run out a clock by rushing on first down for 5 yards only to throw the next two downs and run a scant few seconds off a clock?

And then to have it fall on the shoulders of arguably the most consistent player we've had on the roster the last few years only to see him barely miss because of your inept and scattered play calling---- just leaves me aghast. Any confidence that kid has spent the last three years gaining was dashed with that last kick. He probably feels like if Herman loses his job, it will be his fault. Try carrying that around with you for a lifetime.

100% spot on!!!! I was yelling this same thing at the TV. Where can I pitch in to get Urban? Is there a go fund me started yet?

Reactions: Hookedonit
Just saw Tom Herman on the news say “from where the program was before, to where it is today, I think the future is very bright.” I cannot argue with that. However, today was the first of “Horns” of that I have watched all year. I guess it’s COVID plus there is a lot going in my life right now.

Reactions: outhereincali
If were being completely fair, with all it's amazing resources, your program should be performing much better than it is. Way better. It's shocking.

But Herman is not the only common denominator for the last several versions of the burnt orange.

I have a lot of respect for SE. Much respect. Tough as hell, a leader and a true warrior, who's mobile, with a good arm.

Not the purest of QBs though, correct? And he is, once again, not in the Heisman conversation.

Hypothetically, let's say Jalen Hurts had been your QB for the last three years. Do you think your record would be significantly different?

Is it possible that your QB play is as much, or even more, to blame for your underwhelming record in 2018 - 2020?

Good morning gents. I guess being laughed at in the public eye is the new norm around the 40. Thank Tommy.

Agree with everything, but that missed fg was on Sam. 100% on Sam, way too much experience to take that sack.

Here you go @outhereincali --

expand...
I'm with Cali on this one. From an individual match up stand point, we should win this game by double digits. The problem is, it takes a smarter than average coach to create mismatches that give his team the advantage. And right now, I think the smartest coach on the field is not on our sideline.

Agree with everything, but that missed fg was on Sam. 100% on Sam, way too much experience to take that sack.
Did Sam call that pass play? I get that he took the sack, but we were right there within Dicker's range. Call a run play. Pick up three or four more yards. Don't be greedy and try and throw for fifteen for the chip shot. He's on scholarship too. He can make a 47 yard Fg. He does it all the time. But a 57 yard FG?

Reactions: outhereincali
Any play called and executed well is fine...any action Sam takes is ok, release to run, throw it away, whatever. Sam got fixated and greedy and the team lost.

So we are against the forward pass now? He completes a 10 yarder and everyone is posting what a great gutsy call it was.

Execution and situational discipline...

Herman will be back next year. What coach is Texas bringing in? We are the laughing stock of college football and will be for some time to come.

Everything I am hearing is that his buyout money is already in hand and he will be shown the door soon. UT will be making a splash hire similar to A&M hiring of Jimbo Fisher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT