ADVERTISEMENT

GGG vs Canelo

westx

Dec 6, 2009
I don't know how many boxing fans there are here, but, what are your thoughts. Last fight sucked and both held back. This time around, since they have their cash twice, may be more of a real fight. I think GGG wins in a 12 round unanimous decision 115-113. Canelo is too slow even for GGG's age at 36.

Reactions: Scholz
Golovkin got robbed in the 1st one so they’d have a rematch. All about the dollars. Boxing is so corrupt. But I’ll be watching tomorrow.

Reactions: westx
Who is GGG? I'm not understanding why on all of the ads for the fight they don't list his name. Not everyone knows who GGG is.

GGG is a bad man who was avoided like the plague in his prime. I am worried that Canelo getting popped for PED's and delaying the fight is a big deal, as the old guy ages. I will be pulling for GGG, but he is past his prime.
Canelo is younger and faster, but his cardio sucks. GGG still hits like a mule, but he has gotten so slow. Almost impossible for Canelo to not get the judges decision in Vegas, nobody wants to kill the cash cow. I am expecting another ridiculous decision with Canelo coming out on top, and for the HBO commentators to explain why it isn't a robbery. Max Kellerman is the worst.

It's fascinating to me how in the last 20 years there's been like this wave of successful fighters emanating from the former soviet republics, with of course the Klitschkos being the best example.

The greatest American Heavyweights, Ali, Frazier, Foreman and Tyson (and maybe Larry Holmes and E. Holyfield) never had to fight any GGG/Klitschoko types during their careers, I guess because the communist political system wouldn't allow it. Which is a shame, because it would have been amazing.

Anyway, I'm not partial to the Mexican boxers. They're durable, and technically sound, but kind of boring. Relentless terminator types like GGG are much more entertaining, so I'll be pulling for the Kazakstainian.

ADVERTISEMENT