ADVERTISEMENT

Got some Bad News My Dudes

Here is the biggest difference between Herman and Strong.

Strong has proven he is not the man for the job. Herman is an unknown.

I am a fan of going after John Harbaugh and making him say no, then doing the same with Mike Tomlin and Chip Kelly. If all three guys say no, then I think we look at Guys already in college like Fedora, or Herman.

It's not fair to lump Herman in with Strong just because they have the exact same resume. Strong didn't fail at Texas because of his resume, his resume got him in the door, he failed of his own merits.

It's not fair to lump Herman in with Strong just because they have the exact same resume. Strong didn't fail at Texas because of his resume, his resume got him in the door, he failed of his own merits.

I agree but what everyone keeps saying is we need a big name. Herman isn't a big name from the perspective of his resume or maybe my definition is a little different. I just want to win and if it's Herman coming in next year great. He'll have talent to work with that's a definite so he won't have many excuses to give. I just think if UT is going to make a move it should be someone with a bigger resume and not one similar.

I guess we'll see!

Last edited:
Here is the biggest difference between Herman and Strong.

Strong has proven he is not the man for the job. Herman is an unknown.

I am a fan of going after John Harbaugh and making him say no, then doing the same with Mike Tomlin and Chip Kelly. If all three guys say no, then I think we look at Guys already in college like Fedora, or Herman.

I agree. Not liking Herrman because of Strong is silly. I'm not the biggest Herrman fan but it's because I feel like there are more established coaches out theee that could do just as good a job without as much risk.

Herman needs more experience, so did Strong for that matter. I would rather not be looking at guys that have next to nothing HC experience, but those are the sexy names (aside from the NFL daydreaming) You want someone that has sustained a level of success.

Herman needs more experience, so did Strong for that matter. I would rather not be looking at guys that have next to nothing HC experience, but those are the sexy names (aside from the NFL daydreaming) You want someone that has sustained a level of success.
Shaw, Bohl, Leach, Mendenhal, Whittingham, Miles, Franklin, Riley, Peterson, Patterson, Gundy, Fitzgerald, Petrino...

Assuming the guys like Harbaugh say no here is my list.

David Shaw(let's see if he's ready to leave Stanfard with the talent level not quite the same
Gus Malzahn he's played for a national title.
Larry Fedora- won at southern miss and UNC. Deep Texas ties.
Brian Harsin. If I'm going after a mid major coach he's the guy. Just more expierence than Herrman

David Shaw(let's see if he's ready to leave Stanfard with the talent level not quite the same
Brian Harsin. If I'm going after a mid major coach he's the guy. Just more expierence than Herrman
Just get Chizik, he won a national title. Don't trust Harsin's resume. He needs to do it for at least 5-10 years at a power 5 conference.

Fedora is the only one on that list that even makes it move and it doesn't move much at the thought of him being the HC.

Peterson has a great QB at Washington

Dabo has a great QB at Clemson

Nope, Nobody in CFB gives it a twinge.

Is anyone worried that perhaps Shaw did it with Jim Harbaugh's recruiting/momentum?

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
Is anyone worried that perhaps Shaw did it with Jim Harbaugh's recruiting/momentum?
Not really worried. He probably did. It's almost impossible to sustain success at Stanfard. I beleive in his ability to coach more than anything. He is 7-3 this year. Not like Stanfard has been awful this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: diadevic
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...dinal-david-shaw-content-stay-alma-mater-long
Harbaugh only coached there 2007-2010. Shaw has been there from 2011-2016. That school is WAY above UT on academics and yet he has won multiple PAC 12 titles, including 2015 which is quite a few years after Harbaugh, who wasn't at the school that long. UT is easy to recruit to, Stanford, much harder. Shaw is just a very good coach at his dream job.

Reactions: bubba2023

Did what? Jim's been long gone and they are still a top notch program. Not to mention he's already reached greater success than Harbaugh.

No need to worry regardless because he isn't coming here.

Did what? Jim's been long gone and they are still a top notch program. Not to mention he's already reached greater success than Harbaugh.

No need to worry regardless because he isn't coming here.
I would of thought that to. I think there is a shot he does now though. With Washington rolling, USC looking on the right track and rumors of Kelly maybe going to Oregon he might think now is the time to go.

I crack up when I hear people say "this guy will never leave" if Nick Saban would leave LSU(or Bama if you beleive that) Carroll would leave USC. You never know what might happen.

So you don't given him any credit for taking FSU and OU behind the woodshed?

Oh I give him credit but it's not like we didn't do the same with Strong when he won big in the Big East. I'm in no way saying Herman isn't a good coach I'm just saying his resume is similar to Strong's. It lacks experience in being a HC and especially in a P5. Herman could be the next best thing but aren't we just gambling again with someone with not a lot of experience? Just because you beat OU and FSU once in your HC career doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:
I would of thought that to. I think there is a shot he does now though. With Washington rolling, USC looking on the right track and rumors of Kelly maybe going to Oregon he might think now is the time to go.

I crack up when I hear people say "this guy will never leave" if Nick Saban would leave LSU(or Bama if you beleive that) Carroll would leave USC. You never know what might happen.
He grew up in that area, his father coached there, he played there and is an alumnus and coaches there and has his wife and kids. It is basically his dream job.

Well both of those coaches left for the NFL not other college programs apples and oranges. Nothing wrong with making him say no except that it will hurt UT ego and therefore they likely wont even ask.

Well both of those coaches left for the NFL not other college programs apples and oranges. Nothing wrong with making him say no except that it will hurt UT ego and therefore they likely wont even ask.

EGO! Well maybe back when things were great but lately it's been not so. Check the ego at the door.

If a coach is at a program that is within striking distance of a national title, it's probably not very realistic to think we can land him.

Just get Chizik, he won a national title. Don't trust Harsin's resume. He needs to do it for at least 5-10 years at a power 5 conference.
5-10 years at a power 5? Who are you thinking???
Harsin basically has the same resume as Peterson before he took over Washington and more expierence than Herrman as a HC.

I think our Texas egos may getting in the way here.

Fedora is the only one on that list that even makes it move and it doesn't move much at the thought of him being the HC.

Peterson has a great QB at Washington

Dabo has a great QB at Clemson

Nope, Nobody in CFB gives it a twinge.
Dabo might listen. He loses a lot. He's already said Watson is gone.

Does Mike Gundy do anything for you all?

I honestly can't believe he wins so much at a school that has traditionally been pretty bad. Boone's money has helped, but Gundy still seems to get more out of his players than what's expected of them. His teams always seem to be over-achieving.

Last edited:
Does Mike Gundy do anything for your all?

I honestly can't believe he wins so much at a school that has traditionally been pretty bad. Boone's money has helped, but Gundy still seems to get more out of his players than what's expected of them. His teams always seem to be over-achieving.
I'm a man.......I'm 40......I have a mullet.

Reactions: TexExSpur
Herman is crushing #5 Louisville 31-0 right now. His team is making the Heisman front runner look silly. Add this game to Herman's resume. This further validates that Herman and Strong are not the same.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Does Mike Gundy do anything for your all?

I would try to get him. If he weren't in conference he'd be getting more play. He's averaging over 9 wins a year for the last 11yesrs. That is exactly the type of resume we're looking for

Reactions: diadevic
Herman is crushing #5 Louisville 31-0 right now. His team is making the Heisman front runner look silly. Add this game to Herman's resume. This further validates that Herman and Strong are not the same.

I'll admit, this game was pretty persuasive. All the same, I still look at situations where a coach is able to get his team up for the 2 or 3 Power-5 games they play against marquee opponents in a season with at least SOME skepticism. Not writing it off. But it also raises even bigger questions about what exactly was going on in their last several games...

I'll admit, this game was pretty persuasive. All the same, I still look at situations where a coach is able to get his team up for the 2 or 3 Power-5 games they play against marquee opponents in a season with at least SOME skepticism. Not writing it off. But it also raises even bigger questions about what exactly was going on in their last several games...

Navy runs the triple option and I bet Herman learned not to trash talk the upcoming opponent even if it is SMU.

Last edited:
Herman has been an underdog 11 times, 6 as an OC and 5 as a HC...He's won them all.

The dude is trying like hell to make me believe and I'm starting to buy more stock each time I watch his team take the field.

That was an extremely well coached and well prepared team last night. Not to mention Major put on a show as OC.

I would try to get him. If he weren't in conference he'd be getting more play. He's averaging over 9 wins a year for the last 11yesrs. That is exactly the type of resume we're looking for
Gundy does seem to sign a handful of JUCO transfers that he relies on each year...I don't know how this would work with UT not being super friendly with JUCOS

Herman has been an underdog 11 times, 6 as an OC and 5 as a HC...He's won them all.

The dude is trying like hell to make me believe and I'm starting to buy more stock each time I watch his team take the field.

That was an extremely well coached and well prepared team last night. Not to mention Major put on a show as OC.
Having that DT Oliver is a huge deal too, that kid is special. I hope his injury isn't severe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT