ADVERTISEMENT

Got some Bad News My Dudes

You guys are living in a fantasy world. There is zero chance of us winning 10 games next year. Zero % chance...... say it with me....

Look.......... we gave him a chance. He's garnered top level classes. He's lost florida kids before they even got here and one dude left after the first week. This is not working and this will not work. You can lipstick that pig all you want but it will not work. Yes, given 10 years we may jump up there and win 10 games once or maybe even twice but that is not our standard.

The silly sh!t we see happening on Saturdays ------- stupid penalties, blocked extra points, poor clock management, coin flip screw ups, kicking off to start the game when you know your team plays better with the lead--- I can go on and on.
Couple this with the fact that there is one original staff member, just one, that's still here........ he came here unprepared. I put some of his struggles at the feet of Steve Patterson (superdeushe) and Patterson thinking that just "making a historic hire as football coach" would be enough to seal patterson's legacy. It didn't, and it won't. He will always be regarded as the worst AD hire in the history of NCAA athletics, and charlie will be the worst head coaching hire at texas ever. Good man, not a great coach. RC Slocum, love him or hate him, said Charlie was a "superb defensive coach". He didn't say "head coach"---- he said "defensive coach". You know, kinda the same thing red McCombs said....

Look, we are going to beat kansas this weekend. It would be a fvcking travesty if we don't, but I think tcu mudholes us next week. We'll be back to 6-6 and headed toward the toilet bowl where the sec will match us up with a team that will grind us up like arkansas did two years ago. Then what? Do the cries of "awwwwww, give him one more year!" will reverberate from the mouths of those that thinks he needs to be treated differently than we would treat ANY OTHER coach with just as crappy a record? We are a flipping joke on defense and special teams. We run such a basic package on offense that teams are catching up with us and our tendencies. Hell, I've seen this offense 10 times so far and I'm calling half the plays correctly before we get to the line of scrimmage. We are predictable!

We can't kick a damn fg to save our lives. We can't cover kicks, punts, and our return game is average at best. We have upperclass offensive lineman that just love getting penalties to kill drives, a wr with stone hands, an olb that could get a personal foul penalty at any moment, another lb that is built like Tarzan but's been playing like Jane....... a secondary that couldn't cover a dead body with a baseball field tarp, and a fan base that's about as excited as bill bellichek at a Tuesday night bingo parlor.

I told you guys when we hired him---- it won't work. I told you after we were plastered by arkysaw that it won't work. I told you after ND, TCU, Iowa st last year--- it won't work. I'm telling you now, it won't work. With another year under his belt in 2017, I will be back here saying it again.........

It won't work.
I agree. The players being upper classmen do not change the poor hires Strong has made.....the terrible game management.....or the discipline of a well coached team. Talent by itself is NOT enough. Ask Les Miles. LSU is loaded to the gills with talent.

You guys are living in a fantasy world. There is zero chance of us winning 10 games next year. Zero % chance...... say it with me....

Look.......... we gave him a chance. He's garnered top level classes. He's lost florida kids before they even got here and one dude left after the first week. This is not working and this will not work. You can lipstick that pig all you want but it will not work. Yes, given 10 years we may jump up there and win 10 games once or maybe even twice but that is not our standard.

The silly sh!t we see happening on Saturdays ------- stupid penalties, blocked extra points, poor clock management, coin flip screw ups, kicking off to start the game when you know your team plays better with the lead--- I can go on and on.
Couple this with the fact that there is one original staff member, just one, that's still here........ he came here unprepared. I put some of his struggles at the feet of Steve Patterson (superdeushe) and Patterson thinking that just "making a historic hire as football coach" would be enough to seal patterson's legacy. It didn't, and it won't. He will always be regarded as the worst AD hire in the history of NCAA athletics, and charlie will be the worst head coaching hire at texas ever. Good man, not a great coach. RC Slocum, love him or hate him, said Charlie was a "superb defensive coach". He didn't say "head coach"---- he said "defensive coach". You know, kinda the same thing red McCombs said....

Look, we are going to beat kansas this weekend. It would be a fvcking travesty if we don't, but I think tcu mudholes us next week. We'll be back to 6-6 and headed toward the toilet bowl where the sec will match us up with a team that will grind us up like arkansas did two years ago. Then what? Do the cries of "awwwwww, give him one more year!" will reverberate from the mouths of those that thinks he needs to be treated differently than we would treat ANY OTHER coach with just as crappy a record? We are a flipping joke on defense and special teams. We run such a basic package on offense that teams are catching up with us and our tendencies. Hell, I've seen this offense 10 times so far and I'm calling half the plays correctly before we get to the line of scrimmage. We are predictable!

We can't kick a damn fg to save our lives. We can't cover kicks, punts, and our return game is average at best. We have upperclass offensive lineman that just love getting penalties to kill drives, a wr with stone hands, an olb that could get a personal foul penalty at any moment, another lb that is built like Tarzan but's been playing like Jane....... a secondary that couldn't cover a dead body with a baseball field tarp, and a fan base that's about as excited as bill bellichek at a Tuesday night bingo parlor.

I told you guys when we hired him---- it won't work. I told you after we were plastered by arkysaw that it won't work. I told you after ND, TCU, Iowa st last year--- it won't work. I'm telling you now, it won't work. With another year under his belt in 2017, I will be back here saying it again.........

It won't work.

Uhh.....do you want a ribbon?

Didn't Mack get fired? Maybe it was BECAUSE he was losing and getting blown out. Just a thought....
Yep and Chuck is close to getting the same. I damn sure wouldn't look at 2013 like it was something different due to the win loss column.

It won't work.

So tell us who will make it work for us next year? I need to know.

So tell us who will make it work for us next year? I need to know.

He thinks we should offer $10M a year to a special team coordinator that has no college head coaching experience and lacks final say over the players on his team.

Maybe I overrate UT. I just always thought that 6-6 was the bottom that included a new coach overhauling a roster. I didn't realize that in year 3 this was still "headed in the right direction."

A. I never mentioned 6-6, so don't put words in my mouth.

B. I think people need to step back and look at the big picture. We all know what Charlie inherited. This was not going to be a quick process. If you are not seeing progress than you are not watching. If you think Charlie must go, you lack the patience needed to build something great. Have there been mistakes along the way? Yes. Are there still things that must be fixed? Yes. Will this team be better in 2017 and 2018? Yes and Yes.

C. As some have said, if we do make a change, it better be for someone big. They will have a much easier task ahead of them then Charlie did 3 years ago.

Reactions: Oldmanastro

B. I think people need to step back and look at the big picture. We all know what Charlie inherited. This was not going to be a quick process. If you are not seeing progress than you are not watching. If you think Charlie must go, you lack the patience needed to build something great. Have there been mistakes along the way? Yes. Are there still things that must be fixed? Yes. Will this team be better in 2017 and 2018? Yes and Yes.

C. As some have said, if we do make a change, it better be for someone big. They will have a much easier task ahead of them then Charlie did 3 years ago.

Those are fightin words in these parts.

Not putting words in your mouth, I am just assuming that they lose to TCU. And not picking a fight. College football is a continuous cycle - you get guys for 4 (or 5) years. Typically they are learning their way around campus in year 1. Most begin to have an impact in year 2. Which means you see the fruits in years 3 and 4. This team is in year 3, and is going to finish 6-6. I don't see ANY set of circumstances where a team can go 6-6 at the University of Texas. I know they are young. But I also know they are now 5-5 in a sh*tty conference. Go ahead and keep him, improve to 8-4 with experience, give him another year because of the upward trend, go 9-3, then watch the drop off because all of that experience graduates. This isn't Baylor, or Okie St. or Utah or 90% of the other schools, that have to wait every 4-5 years to break through then start over when the senior leaders graduate. Ohio St. doesn't do that. Oklahoma doesn't do that. Heck even Baylor didn't do that before the implosion.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Are you copying and pasting from last offseason? I could have swore I've read that before.

Yes, it was as true last offseason as it is now. That's the point. This team is still the youngest in the nation. That begins to change next year. The following year, we will have one of the most experienced teams in the nation (in terms of career starts). If we can't win more next year or the following, it's time to move on. But at least give Charlie a full recruiting cycle to build a roster top to bottom.

Not putting words in your mouth, I am just assuming that they lose to TCU. And not picking a fight. College football is a continuous cycle - you get guys for 4 (or 5) years. Typically they are learning their way around campus in year 1. Most begin to have an impact in year 2. Which means you see the fruits in years 3 and 4. This team is in year 3, and is going to finish 6-6. I don't see ANY set of circumstances where a team can go 6-6 at the University of Texas. I know they are young. But I also know they are now 5-5 in a sh*tty conference. Go ahead and keep him, improve to 8-4 with experience, give him another year because of the upward trend, go 9-3, then watch the drop off because all of that experience graduates. This isn't Baylor, or Okie St. or Utah or 90% of the other schools, that have to wait every 4-5 years to break through then start over when the senior leaders graduate. Ohio St. doesn't do that. Oklahoma doesn't do that. Heck even Baylor didn't do that before the implosion.

I agree...look at the depth chart. We are working with players in year 1 and 2. That's the nucleus of this team. 111 combined starts by freshmen and sophomores, and a lot of playing time for fresh/soph backups. The cupboard was bare when Charlie came in and it has yet to be restocked. Once it's full, we can be like we used to be. No rebuilds just reloads.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/texas/92016

Everybody Google "mike tomlin" and read the interviews he's given and the assessment of his body language by reporters that have covered him for a decade and you tell me........ does he seem happy in Pittsburgh?

Hell pardon the interruption just said he was on the hot seat in Pittsburgh.

The same old crowd and the same old "all we need is talent"....Bull crap.

It is not just talent. It is when to call a damn timeout.....when to go for it and when not to......it is about making that TALENT IMPROVE.....It is about hiring the RIGHT coaches....it is about BEATING teams that have less talent than YOU do!......

Will 1 more year make Charlie Strong a Championship level coach? I don't think so. He has not shown anything to prove that.

Has Strong proven that he can out coach a single coach that he has coached against? What on offense, defense, or special teams has proven that to you? Winning requires talent. Winning championships requires talent AND coaching.

Reactions: Pumpedup55

It won't work.

Great post. Very well said. I agree.

If Mike Tomlin is available then pull the trigger. I think he would be better able to handle the outside responsibilities of the Texas job. He was my first choice last time around. The only thing that would concern me with an NFL guy is the OC. Is he going to bring a Todd Haley type or would he stick with what Sterlin is doing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT