ADVERTISEMENT

Got some Bad News My Dudes

behind the paywall Ketch has supposedly said Strong has already been informed he is being let go, which will be announced the day after the TCU game. I don't pay, so I can't vouch for that, but its out there.

Heard the same this morning.

When it comes to Herman....Let me give my take. Schools go out every year and recruit players...players that show the POTENTIAL to be good. I think Herman has shown POTENTIAL to be a great coach. Is he a slam dunk no downside hire? No. No one except Meyer and Saban would be considered that.

Reactions: westx
The next coach isn't out there
behind the paywall Ketch has supposedly said Strong has already been informed he is being let go, which will be announced the day after the TCU game. I don't pay, so I can't vouch for that, but its out there.
Hasn't happened and it will be Fenves that does all the talking. Ketch doesn't know shit.

When it comes to Herman....Let me give my take. Schools go out every year and recruit players...players that show the POTENTIAL to be good. I think Herman has shown POTENTIAL to be a great coach. Is he a slam dunk no downside hire? No. No one except Meyer and Saban would be considered that.
I do agree with that. I think though there are coaches with great potential that are less risky.

Ketch doesn't know anything. No one is leaking any kind of real information to him.

The next coach isn't out there

Hasn't happened and it will be Fenves that does all the talking. Ketch doesn't know shit.
With respect to ketch, I've never met the man though he's privately emailed me in the past...... I'm being told that no decision has been made yet and that certain BOR members have dug in their heels. Like.... oak tree, dug in.

With respect to ketch, I've never met the man though he's privately emailed me in the past...... I'm being told that no decision has been made yet and that certain BOR members have dug in their heels. Like.... oak tree, dug in.
Dug in for keeping or getting rid of?

Baby oak tree or mature oak tree?

Reactions: westx
I believe Ketch about as much as I believe Occupy Democrat or Huffington. Ketch has as much legitimacy.

Money talks and BS walks, I get that. Charlie should not be fired, he should be re-assigned. If he can find a new job he can quit, but you don't fire him. Charlie is a good man, but business is business. What should happen is we should put his buyout in a account and let it be paid out as long as he honors his position at The University.

I believe Ketch about as much as I believe Occupy Democrat or Huffington. Ketch has as much legitimacy.

Money talks and BS walks, I get that. Charlie should not be fired, he should be re-assigned. If he can find a new job he can quit, but you don't fire him. Charlie is a good man, but business is business. What should happen is we should put his buyout in a account and let it be paid out as long as he honors his position at The University.
It seems some of you guys see everything and I mean EVERYTHING through a political lens......

t

Last edited:
Here's probably what's going to happen.
Herman.
No Tomlin
No Harbaugh
No NFL coach period.
F'n Herman which has the same damn resume as Strong. :confused:
I disagree. Herman and Strong were more comparable prior to Strong's arrival at Texas. Since then, Strong has lost a lot more games than he has won, replaced most of his staff in less than 3 years, and we have gotten 5 field goals blocked this year. Herman is a rising star and Strong is a falling star.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Is Chris Warren done for next year too? He's no slouch...

Two years and with limited carries he has ended the season injured. I don't put a lot of stock in a guy that can't stay healthy.

He had the unenviable task of replacing Ricky Williams. He was having a good senior year but in the bowl game he suffered an ACL and his career was over. His injury was so bad he didn't even get an NFL tryout.

That hit Hodges took was one of the worst leg injuries I've ever seen. I'm surprised he didn't have nerve damage from that hit. Loved Hodges, but he wasn't a great back, and he is probably a good comparison to what we have on campus after Foreman.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
I disagree. Herman and Strong were more comparable prior to Strong's arrival at Texas. Since then, Strong has lost a lot more games than he has won, replaced most of his staff in less than 3 years, and we have gotten 5 field goals blocked this year. Herman is a rising star and Strong is a falling star.

In what conference is Herman a rising star again? Could it be the same one Strong was a rising star in? I'm not saying Herman isn't possibly a great coach in the making but they're comparable.

I'm of the opinion, that any new coach, especially one undertaking a complete program rebuild, should get at least 4, if not 5 years, regardless of the results. A general positive trend should be evident but otherwise, the expectations should be tempered. Forget W-Ls and it is clear that Charlie has this team moving the right direction.

Also, can we all go back to preseason and remember what we wanted to see from this team. Many were saying 7-5 without any blowout losses. Beat Kansas and TCU and we have accomplished that.

The offense has improved and will continue to improve. The Defense took a big jump after Charlie took over. I'm all for stability and another year.

This. Most of us were predicting an 8 win ceiling before the season. Many wanted no blow out losses. OSU is the only loss of more than 1 TD. How many years did Mack have no blowout losses? Just 7 of his 15. Those 7 years were; Colt era, VY era, and Simms' Senior year.

Hell, Clob was warning us before the season to not expect much if any improvement with the present talent.

Seems the ND win was the worst thing possible for this team as it put expectations from those that had none to sky high.

I've argued in the past that Strong should get a pass on 2014 as that situation was the product of Texas' powers that be's disfunction. Firing, not firing, and then firing Mack until there was no time left on the clock for a new coach to do anything for 2014. All the while other teams are recruiting against us and Mack "you commit to a school not a coach" Brown is telling the players he'll help them find another school.

So, if you look at last year to this year how do you judge? Recruiting to fill major roster holes? No blow out losses? If we make it to a bowl game? Brought in a modern offense? Demoted a bad DC? Okay, the last two he should have done in the previous two seasons.

If the staff returns next season will it be the first time Texas has run the same offense two years in a row since Colt?

Last edited:
Just looked at the depth chart. Only 3 upperclassmen starting on Defense. Half the O starters are underclassman.

Reactions: Bwilk55
He beat both of them with UH.

Ahhh ok. So we're saying Herman is better than Strong because he's won in the AAC and beat OU and FSU 1 time? Interesting. Strong beat Florida and Miami in bowl games with Louisville are we still comparing? These two guys have the same resume and all I'm saying is if we're asking for a big name, better resume coach then with Herman all we're getting is same guy pretty much.

I'm sorry I made a mistake in an earlier post Strong wasn't winning in the ACC at the time it was Big East but still.

In the end I have no say so in the pick. I'll support UT no matter what unless it's a Briles type situation which I can't ever see this happening. Any how if Herman is hired which I think will happen I hope he's able to hit the ground running which he should be able to.

Last edited:
Ahhh ok. So we're saying Herman is better than Strong because he's won in the AAC and beat OU and FSU 1 time? Interesting. Strong beat Florida and Miami in bowl games with Louisville are we still comparing? These two guys have the same resume and all I'm saying is if we're asking for a big name, better resume coach then with Herman all we're getting is same guy pretty much.

I'm sorry I made a mistake in an earlier post Strong wasn't winning in the ACC at the time it was Big East but still.

In the end I have no say so in the pick. I'll support UT no matter what unless it's a Briles type situation which I can't ever see this happening. Any how if Herman is hired which I think will happen I hope he's able to hit the ground running which he should be able to.

I'm not comparing Herman to Strong. You inferred that Herman has feasted on AAC competition. I am pointing out that in his first 14 games, he beat a defending NC and a CFP participant.

I use to think that Strong's win versus Florida was impressive. But I later found out that teams QB'd by Teddy Bridgewater don't need coaches.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT