ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Domers

Let's all use our common sense---- they were in a car.....two in the front and 3 in the back....

Obviously the gun was in the back--- perhaps in the back pocket of the driver seat or passenger seat. Cop sees gun and asks "who's is this"? All 3 kids in the back play dumb. Cop charges all 3 with possession.

I think the reply was tongue in cheek from a fans perspective.. nobody is cheering them being stupid, ut in reality this can make the game easier for us... and I think this type of incident happening this close to the opener will have a bad impact on the teams mentality going forward bc this just became the focal point of the program whether you can admit it or not.... They will read about this, be asked about this, hear about this all the way till the season starts... that is a lot of distraction....

on a side note the charge on the handgun may seem wierd that only 3 of 5 were tagged for it... but there was a player at Texas years back that got charged with something like this while in a car with other players... they charged him based of proximity to the weapon.. which is how they decide "possession"... so that may explain it... either way, seems like a legal slap on the wrist for all but the idiot who committed battery.... but if ND acts like a Religious based school should act, all of these guys need to be gone for at least 3 games..... especially after all the stuff that went on in Waco and how they just tried to side step and cover up etc.... im really thinking recent events of stupid players will force the hands of the administration of Notre Dame here to a degree...

They will be gone longer than that. lol. Unless one person steps forward & admits the gun & drugs were his, having other players' charges dropped.

The gun owner & Butler are gone.
I would bet they are out (of school) for a year, minimum.

So you are glad that young men just ruined their futures?
From a football standpoint the only person it affects is Redfield. The others would not be playing anyways.
I think it will galvanize the rest of the team who didn't act like idiots.

First off, please acquaint yourself with sarcasm. Secondly, their futures aren't ruined. They'll be back playing in front of TD Jesus faster than u can say 'Irish Suck Balz'.

Jeesh, lighten up Francis. You are, after all, on Texas board. Good natured smack talk is the main course served up here.

First off, please acquaint yourself with sarcasm. Secondly, their futures aren't ruined. They'll be back playing in front of TD Jesus faster than u can say 'Irish Suck Balz'.

Jeesh, lighten up Francis. You are, after all, on Texas board. Good natured smack talk is the main course served up here.

No worries. I was just asking.
And ever who the gun belonged to & Butler will be gone.
I can give you a long list of examples, but I will give just three most recent ones of high caliber players.
1) All American & future Dallas Cowboy RB Jones kicked out of school for year, not for failing NCAA standards, but for not meeting ND requirements of working towards degree in 4 years.
2) Returning starting QB from BCS title game kicked out of school for year, not caught cheating, but admits to cheating on a test.
3) Four players, including future NFL player Russell kicked out of school for cheating on HW assignment together.

In all three cases the ND ethics board made the ruling, not the NCAA, or even coaches.

I don't think they will go soft on a illegal gun owner & police assaulter.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
Likely going to see Swoopes at QB, he's clicking in this new look. It's going to be interesting to see if they load the box and come after him with question marks in coverage.

I'm a glass half full guy, so maybe the Freshman Safety will turn out to be like Kizer, Adams, Tillery, Bars, etc. All freshmen who were unknowns before starter injuries last year.

But I really wanted to see Redfield this year.
And hope that Williams gets it together & comes back next year. (If it wasn't his gun & drugs).

No worries. I was just asking.
And ever who the gun belonged to & Butler will be gone.
I can give you a long list of examples, but I will give just three most recent ones of high caliber players.
1) All American & future Dallas Cowboy RB Jones kicked out of school for year, not for failing NCAA standards, but for not meeting ND requirements of working towards degree in 4 years.
2) Returning starting QB from BCS title game kicked out of school for year, not caught cheating, but admits to cheating on a test.
3) Four players, including future NFL player Russell kicked out of school for cheating on HW assignment together.

In all three cases the ND ethics board made the ruling, not the NCAA, or even coaches.

I don't think they will go soft on a illegal gun owner & police assaulter.

Call me crazy but out of the 5, only 1 was kicked out of school and the rest of them are cleared to play versus Texas.... good to see ND taking a stand for morality and all of that stuff.... I applaud their decidion to suspend those kids for all SUnday practices for the rest of the year due to their invilvenment with the law.....

Wait... you mean there are o Sunday practices to suspend those kids from? Ahhhh well that explains why they will all play from the start and miss no games..... even whoever the gun belongs to - along with the drugs.... but hey you kicked ou the one guy who assaulted a cop at least... wonder if he gets a redshirt year when he comes back next season......

Seems to be ND is taking a page from the Sooner book of discipline. bravo at standing on a higher moral ground than all the other schools out there... :/

Call me crazy but out of the 5, only 1 was kicked out of school and the rest of them are cleared to play versus Texas.... good to see ND taking a stand for morality and all of that stuff.... I applaud their decidion to suspend those kids for all SUnday practices for the rest of the year due to their invilvenment with the law.....

Wait... you mean there are o Sunday practices to suspend those kids from? Ahhhh well that explains why they will all play from the start and miss no games..... even whoever the gun belongs to - along with the drugs.... but hey you kicked ou the one guy who assaulted a cop at least... wonder if he gets a redshirt year when he comes back next season......

Seems to be ND is taking a page from the Sooner book of discipline. bravo at standing on a higher moral ground than all the other schools out there... :/

No, the two charged are suspended. (Redfield & Butler).

The other four had charges dropped because Redfield admitted the gun & drugs were his. They just charged everybody until someone confessed up. And two of the other four won't see the field. And the other two are 3rd string.

So the two first stringers were booted.

The school still might do something with the other four for just being there.

And the second player suspended looks like he might have a case now. Eye witnesses say he was the victim. But he is still suspended.

Playing in the heat of Austin Texas in Sept. isn't punishment enough?

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
Playing in the heat of Austin Texas in Sept. isn't punishment enough?
Per my weather app, the high in Austin will be 90 next Sunday, the same as the high in South Bend tomorrow. It's 84 in South Bend today. If we lose, it won't be because of the weather.

Per my weather app, the high in Austin will be 90 next Sunday, the same as the high in South Bend tomorrow. It's 84 in South Bend today. If we lose, it won't be because of the weather.

I cant wait till you get to experience this little thing we have in the summer here called HUMIDITY and a HEAT INDEX..... it can be 90 degrees outside with a heat index of 104 and humidity level through the roof... to simplify the heat to the degree you are in naive at best bud..... and dont fool yourself, conditioning will play a major role in this game.

Have hope Domers.....the weather this past month has been cooler* than I ever remember for August....

* cooler does NOT mean cool

I cant wait till you get to experience this little thing we have in the summer here called HUMIDITY and a HEAT INDEX..... it can be 90 degrees outside with a heat index of 104 and humidity level through the roof... to simplify the heat to the degree you are in naive at best bud..... and dont fool yourself, conditioning will play a major role in this game.
I grew up in Louisiana and Texas, and live in Dallas. It gets humid in South Bend as well. Really.
If we lose to you guys it won't be because of the weather.

I grew up in Louisiana and Texas, and live in Dallas. It gets humid in South Bend as well. Really.
If we lose to you guys it won't be because of the weather.

Outside of winter the Ohio Valley humidity is generally between Austin and Houston's thanks to the Great Lakes.

It has been a very hot summer up here with plenty of days in the mid 90s. Hoping it is a fluke and not the new normal from climate change.

Last edited:
Starting CB, Crawford is a little fella? 5'8" at 180#?

Yep. He was 6th ranked DB, 63rd player overall according to Rivals out of HS. According to scouting report being short was the only reason he wasn't a 5 star.

Don't cheat him on his half inch & 5 lbs though. Officially 5'8.5" 185lbs. Lol

Yep. He was 6th ranked DB, 63rd player overall according to Rivals out of HS. According to scouting report being short was the only reason he wasn't a 5 star.

Don't cheat him on his half inch & 5 lbs though. Officially 5'8.5" 185lbs. Lol

Optimal word there is WAS. lol. ;)

What was Swoopes rated out of HS?

Way too damn high... and I can admit it... especially since he went 1-9 his senior year.... but this isnt about swoopes, this is about the "stuud" #63 ranked player in the country coming out of highschool that has been suspended/kicked out of school do to interaction with law enforcement..... unless this isnt the starting corner that got taged for battery on an officer.... but if it is the same one, then you need to kick rocks and stop trying to derail or divert the thread.

This wasnt about the kid being over rated, it had to do with him flushing his college career down the toilet by being stupid, but hey, thanks for playing bud. ;)

Way too damn high... and I can admit it... especially since he went 1-9 his senior year.... but this isnt about swoopes, this is about the "stuud" #63 ranked player in the country coming out of highschool that has been suspended/kicked out of school do to interaction with law enforcement..... unless this isnt the starting corner that got taged for battery on an officer.... but if it is the same one, then you need to kick rocks and stop trying to derail or divert the thread.

This wasnt about the kid being over rated, it had to do with him flushing his college career down the toilet by being stupid, but hey, thanks for playing bud. ;)

Crawford (63rd out of HS), the CB I was talking about with Texspur, is starting against Texas on Sunday. He is a rdFr & will be making his first career start. We were talking about how short he is.

The CB you are talking about is Butler, who has a broken foot & was out for the season already before the incident with the police. He was the nickel CB.

Crawford (63rd out of HS), the CB I was talking about with Texspur, is starting against Texas on Sunday. He is a rdFr & will be making his first career start. We were talking about how short he is.

The CB you are talking about is Butler, who has a broken foot & was out for the season already before the incident with the police. He was the nickel CB.

Ahhh i see. Then I was incorrect and apologize for running with it. LMAO. STill though.... I think by the end of the game his name will be Toast if he winds up over Burt or Johnson.....

The freshmen isn't starting at safety. ND has placed sixth-year Cal transfer Avery Sebastian at the top of their 2 deep instead of Studhill.

The only key note that mattered much to me was the fact that Kelly "expects" the Texas offense to be as fast as UNC whom scored 43 on the Irish in 2014.

The only key note that mattered much to me was the fact that Kelly "expects" the Texas offense to be as fast as UNC whom scored 43 on the Irish in 2014.

Dont get too far down on him Spur.....I expect it to be too*

*sarcasm included

Ahhh i see. Then I was incorrect and apologize for running with it. LMAO. STill though.... I think by the end of the game his name will be Toast if he winds up over Burt or Johnson.....

I think Crawford will do fine. He is shorter. Which means the sun will be further from him. He won't be as hot as the rest of the players on the super hot, the world has never seen a hotter temp than Texas at night football field.

I think Crawford will do fine. He is shorter. Which means the sun will be further from him. He won't be as hot as the rest of the players on the super hot, the world has never seen a hotter temp than Texas at night football field.
Wouldn't it be hotter the closer you are to field turf... It's always amusing to kick a dead horse.

Reactions: oldhorn2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT