ADVERTISEMENT

*****Horns vs Frogies Game Thread**********

Sam, uh Sam---

Now son, listen to me. You see those fellas in white jerseys? Those guys are who you need to get the ball to. See those fellas in the purple jerseys? Those are the fellas trying to stop you from throwing the ball to the fellas in white.

We good so far? Ok.

Now, when there are three fellas wearing purple standing around one fella wearing white, you don't throw the ball over there.

We good now?

3rd and 10 and we check down to the back for no gain.

I don't have the fvcking words.

Sam, uh Sam---

Now son, listen to me. You see those fellas in white jerseys? Those guys are who you need to get the ball to. See those fellas in the purple jerseys? Those are the fellas trying to stop you from throwing the ball to the fellas in white.

We good so far? Ok.

Now, when there are three fellas wearing purple standing around one fella wearing white, you don't throw the ball over there.

We good now?
I guess you didn't understand me.

Sam, uh Sam---

We good so far? Ok.

We good now?
The problem with Sam is.... He locks on his receivers too long. DB's play on him was good. Sam needs to be quicker. Just an overall bad day for him

- quick question ** how does a private school with five thousand students beat a public tax feed school with 50,000 plus students ?? trick or treat ??

i can not for the life of me understand how we are so bad on defense. yea i know we have a lot of injuries i get it, but these are still top 300 players in the country even as back ups. its like we dont teach tackling at all, i dont get it.

Get ready to see “We’re baaaaaaaccckkk!” t-shirts on opposing fans for the rest of the season.

i can not for the life of me understand how we are so bad on defense. yea i know we have a lot of injuries i get it, but these are still top 300 players in the country even as back ups. its like we dont teach tackling at all, i dont get it.
And that's how you know we aren't developing any talent.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Hell, if we go to a Bowl, it will be the " Outdoors Fisherman Bowl" in Lampasas against Sul Ross if we lucky... I am really scared of KState now after today...

"Hire the flavor of the month" they said.

"It'll work out great" they said.

Problem is, unless you’re willing to completely reset the market by trying to hire away one of the few sure bets (Saban, Meyer, Dabo) — and it doesn’t appear that Texas is comfortable doing so — a coaching hire that turns out really well generally involves a lot of dumb luck.

Clob, I know that you weren't a big fan of Herman's when Texas hired him. Who were the coaches that you think they should have pursued back then? If Herman is let go possibly after next year, who should Texas target?

Clob, I know that you weren't a big fan of Herman's when Texas hired him. Who were the coaches that you think they should have pursued back then? If Herman is let go possibly after next year, who should Texas target?
It wasn't that I was not a fan of Herman-- the guy is a good coach. It wasn't that I was not big fan of Charlie. The guy was a heck of a defensive coach.

But there's a difference between being a good coach and being prepared from experience about how to handle this monster that is Texas football.

You just don't roll up in Austin and grab the reins and shout "Yeeee Haawwww" and you're off to the races. It doesn't work that way.

This is a fvcking HARD job. And just because you're a good offensive coach or a good defensive coach doesn't mean that you can handle what goes down on this campus. It takes a unique mindset to be able to handle the athletes, who by the way are spoiled rotten, but keep them from acting or playing like they are spoiled rotten.

When you're spoiled rotten and you're not a starter you tend to dick around at practice because you know you're not going to get to play. And the coaches don't chew your ass like they should because they're too busy with their hands being full taking care of the spoiled starters. And when you're not critical of your back ups and 3rd teams, and starters being falling to injuries, your back ups aren't developed enough to step in and plug the hole.

Our talent is bleeding out, we lost an all American WR that could have helped us this year, and we just lost another offensive lineman that we couldn't afford to have transfer.

We have an OC that fancies himself a brain surgeon and a MENSA HC that thinks he can call the same plays he ran at OSU though he doesn't have the talent he had at OSU.
The simple fact that he's trying to ram this square peg of play calling into this round hole of personnel is beyond me. Run the plays for the PLAYERS you have---- not the players you wish you had. Fit the offense to the players, not the players to the offense.

On defense, we're playing catch. That's what we do now. We don't attack, we play "catch the offense". Watching us fumble about with a three man front and the only way EVER we will get a sack is to either dial up a blitz---- which leaves us exposed, OR, go get defensive lineman that are talented enough to overcome a 3 on 5 match up.
So if you don't have DLs that are straight beasts, why are you only running with 3 of them?
Answer (rhetorical of course) because we are trying to make the players fit the system.

Our talent is bleeding out, we lost an all American WR that could have helped us this year, and we just lost another offensive lineman that we couldn't afford to have transfer.
After reading @clob94's rather astute observations....seems to me that Herman better go all Henry V at Agincourt on these players....lest he wind up like King Lear....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT