ADVERTISEMENT

Just a reminder to all Aggys

Year 2 we should see tons of improvement if this is going to be successful, just like you should see it this year. In recent memory, year 2s have been the turning point.
I’m not even looking year 2 only because I don’t think Starkel or Mond is the guy at quarterback. I like James Foster a LOT but year 3 is when I think our best chance to make any kind of run.

That’s healthy for an aggy. Since you won’t ever get to fill out that 20XX national title trophy John Sharp gave Jimbo.
Scholz, when I catch one, you shouldn't let him flop around on the dock.

Just hit him in the head with the bat and wait for the next.

Reactions: Scholz
W-Northwestern St
L-Clemson
W-ULM
L-at Alabama
W-Arkansas
Toss up- Kentucky
Make or break part
Toss up-at South Carolina
L-at miss st
L-at Auburn
W-ole miss
W-UAB
Toss up-LSU

5 wins
4 losses
3 toss ups

Go ahead and add, 485 days to the Aggy slump

chad and Arky will sneak up on the ol aggys.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Arkansas definitely worries me. We shall see. Texas should be much improved, unless you decide to change your name to something more politically correct...just kidding.

Arkansas definitely worries me. We shall see. Texas should be much improved, unless you decide to change your name to something more politically correct...just kidding.
I has confuse......

Year 2 is going to be even tougher on jimbo. Road game to Clemson and GA on the schedule. Not to mention LSU with a better head coach taking the reigns...

"Not looking for squat this year. I hope to get better throughout the year and see halftime adjustments. I want us to be more physical and just be better coached and look like they have a clue. 7-5 most likely. I’ll be thrilled with 8-4."

That aggy mindset.....you gotta love it.
When you live in irrelevancy and mediocrity
THIS is what you get.

Reactions: LonghornMM
That would be hilarious because Arkansas is horrible. So is Kentucky and probably Mississippi so if they lose to any of those teams Ags are in real trouble.

Yes, but they are probably all better than Maryland. Would hate to lose to them (home or away). Oh, wait!

Kansas State and Wake Forest says hi. =)roll

Good point, but neither of them ended up 4-8 and our coach didn't guarantee a victory. Maryland was far worse than either of those teams. And kind of different losing a middle of the pack bowl game at the end of the year as opposed to opening a new season at home against a bad team after your coach has talking all August.

"Not looking for squat this year. I hope to get better throughout the year and see halftime adjustments. I want us to be more physical and just be better coached and look like they have a clue. 7-5 most likely. I’ll be thrilled with 8-4."

That aggy mindset.....you gotta love it.
When you live in irrelevancy and mediocrity
THIS is what you get.
Hmm, intelligent comment. I’m guessing you expected Herman to win 10 games in year 1? Why didn’t he win? Where were you posting the Longhorns should win in Herman or Strong’s year one. Where are you now posting how well Texas will do this year?

Hmm, intelligent comment. I’m guessing you expected Herman to win 10 games in year 1? Why didn’t he win? Where were you posting the Longhorns should win in Herman or Strong’s year one. Where are you now posting how well Texas will do this year?

We will have a better yr than the Aggies, Jimbo not gonna jump-start your asses that quick and stealing Lobster is illegal in the State...

Hook'em

Good point, but neither of them ended up 4-8 and our coach didn't guarantee a victory. Maryland was far worse than either of those teams. And kind of different losing a middle of the pack bowl game at the end of the year as opposed to opening a new season at home against a bad team after your coach has talking all August.
Year one is a throw away. I've said the same about Jumbo.
Hit the head.

Reactions: mm42
Yes, but they are probably all better than Maryland. Would hate to lose to them (home or away). Oh, wait!
Hmmm. Weird you mention this. Maryland never would have been great, but any team that has to play almost the whole season with their fourth string QB (literally) is doomed. Texas was the only team that faced their starter and by I think the 4th game of the season they were down the the 4th string QB due to injuries.

It reminds of this story I heard about Jimbo Fisher...There was this one time he wrecked a dynasty into a 5-6 record (hey it's one game better than Maryland!!) which supposedly was all because one of his QB's got hurt. I wonder how Jimbo would have fared with not his second or even third string QB, but his fourth stringer? And with half the talent? And in a tougher conference?

Reactions: oldhorn2 and Scholz
Hmmm. Weird you mention this. Maryland never would have been great, but any team that has to play almost the whole season with their fourth string QB (literally) is doomed. Texas was the only team that faced their starter and by I think the 4th game of the season they were down the the 4th string QB due to injuries.

It reminds of this story I heard about Jimbo Fisher...There was this one time he wrecked a dynasty into a 5-6 record (hey it's one game better than Maryland!!) which supposedly was all because one of his QB's got hurt. I wonder how Jimbo would have fared with not his second or even third string QB, but his fourth stringer? And with half the talent? And in a tougher conference?
Have you watched all 3 seasons of last chance U? Jimbo messed up and recruited too many knuckleheads at QB, so he had no plan B. You shouldn't swing for the fences at QB every year. Sometimes a solid 3 star who will hang around and develop makes a lot of sense, even if he never is a starter.

Have you watched all 3 seasons of last chance U? Jimbo messed up and recruited too many knuckleheads at QB, so he had no plan B. You shouldn't swing for the fences at QB every year. Sometimes a solid 3 star who will hang around and develop makes a lot of sense, even if he never is a starter.
Hmmm, so after all these years of coaching Jimbo doesn't even have the most basic roster management skills in place? One player gets injured and he gives you 35-3 loss to Boston f'n College, with that roster? What happens at a second/third tier school like A&M?

Hmmm, so after all these years of coaching Jimbo doesn't even have the most basic roster management skills in place? One player gets injured and he gives you 35-3 loss to Boston f'n College, with that roster? What happens at a second/third tier school like A&M?
At any school if your 2013, 2015, & 2016 QB recruit gets kicked off the team, and then your 2017 starter gets hurt. You would likely struggle. It was Jimbo's fault, as he recruited those guys. Not sure that is a roster management issue, seems more like an issue with taking guys with questionable character and getting burned.
Would burn you guys too. Only an elite program who got lucky could overcome the situation.

At any school if your 2013, 2015, & 2016 QB recruit gets kicked off the team, and then your 2017 starter gets hurt. You would likely struggle. It was Jimbo's fault, as he recruited those guys. Not sure that is a roster management issue, seems more like an issue with taking guys with questionable character and getting burned.
Would burn you guys too. Only an elite program who got lucky could overcome the situation.
Why you kick so many qbs of your team?

...seems more like an issue with taking guys with questionable character and getting burned.
This might be an issue with your coach just sayin. He seems to recruit this type of young man regularly. He also covered up Jameis's sexual assault at FSU so he obviously turns a blind eye to bad behavior. I would also point you to your commit CB Jeffery Carter and continued recruitment of OLB Marcel Brooks. Both have had sexual assault charges leveled against them.

Seems to be a feature of his program and not a bug.

Would burn you guys too.
Not if you stay away from obvious character issues. We stay away from the likes of Carter and Brooks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT