ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend ("a 1,000 on a 1-100 scale.")

Eric Winston, 2002, Miami and Midland's Lee HS.

Brought back memories of the Cedric Benson glory years when Lee won 3 straight state titles, and Cedric scored 15 TD's in the 3 championship games.

Reactions: ATXRealtor
There's very little character development for his part in that movie, so much so that it's not really his movie. It's Streep's movie by a mile.
I agree completely. It always was her movie. And I know realize what I should have said, namely that I really liked the movie, that it was one of the best movies he has been in, but it was not his best job of acting because the focus really was on the female lead.

He was the "eye candy" and he played that part well but it was not a memorable performance on his part.

I agree completely. It always was her movie. And I know realize what I should have said, namely that I really liked the movie, that it was one of the best movies he has been in, but it was not his best job of acting because the focus really was on the female lead.

If he didn't have six decades of movies, it easily slides in. I really enjoy the movie.

Reactions: I Hear Voices

Brought back memories of the Cedric Benson glory years when Lee won 3 straight state titles, and Cedric scored 15 TD's in the 3 championship games.
I was There for it all
Yes it did bring back memories

I can remember telling Eric on the phone that he was going to be a tackle in the NFL and he swore to me that he would never stop playing tight end. 😂

I watched three movies with Redford and Fonda this week and apparently missed the only one some of you care about. ;)

It would be like the red banquet for baseball.
Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

It is amazing how many gifs came out of that show. So good!

In some ways, this situation is worse. Imagine if the red banquet happened when we were moving to the SEC and Saban was coaching at an ascendant A&M. Now Schloss is no Saban, but the pressure here is immensely amplified by the Aggies becoming a power in college baseball and our pending move to the SEC. Wouldn’t be the scale of the red banquet because baseball just isn’t as popular here as football, but for the baseball fans it would be a pretty good kick in the jelly beans.

• Love
Reactions: Ketchum
It is amazing how many gifs came out of that show. So good!

In some ways, this situation is worse. Imagine if the red banquet happened when we were moving to the SEC and Saban was coaching at an ascendant A&M. Now Schloss is no Saban, but the pressure here is immensely amplified by the Aggies becoming a power in college baseball and our pending move to the SEC. Wouldn’t be the scale of the red banquet because baseball just isn’t as popular here as football, but for the baseball fans it would be a pretty good kick in the jelly beans.
You just gave me a panic attack. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornLeghorn
It was definitely tough on the last few spots. I had about 7 movies for the last couple.
Is your list more of a list of his ten best acting performances or a list of the ten best movies that include him as an actor? Some hybrid of the two?

... The up and down on 18 on Sunday by Bryson DeChambeau to win the US Open was the stuff of legend. You can't do anything but tip your cap to that dude for gutting out his second US Open win.

It was Tigeresque for sure. Granted, in some ways the pressure was off in that even a bogey would have gotten him in a playoff. The putts Tiger made on the 72nd at Valhalla in ‘00 and Torrey in ‘08 were do or die.

Every time I update my historical numbers on tight ends, I come away thinking the same thing ... why can't there be more of them?

We’ve discussed multiple times just how damn near slam dunks the 5-star TEs are.

@Ketchum … spot on on your Redford list… Sneakers was a huge game changing movie… and the Sting was such a huge success and so well written

As Chris Del Conte does that thing where he kind of disappears in the shadows of silence, we know that two possibilities exist.

a. Texas replaces David Pierce, as Del Conte ushers in a new era of Texas baseball with a hand-selected replacement

b. Texas can't find the A-list coach that it desires and is forced to bring Pierce back as a lame-duck (barring a massive post-season run in 2025) reality for another season.

And we’ve yet to see option b come to fruition previously with CDC. Pierce is done.

It was Tigeresque for sure. Granted, in some ways the pressure was off in that even a bogey would have gotten him in a playoff. The putts Tiger made on the 72nd at Valhalla in ‘00 and Torrey in ‘08 were do or die.
Great points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT