ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Addressing the cesspool...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SEC makes more sense. We have more in common with the SEC-politics, history, culture, family ties-than with the Big 10. But don't point that out to our Chablis and Brie Berkeley-trained Presidential effetes. Texas is beer and Q---although a good Malbec is hard to turn down
Texas does not fit AT ALL with the heavily cheating, low academic bar SEC. Horrible fit.

UT fits best with the PAC 12, but the University would have to have assurances on 6pm PDT kickoffs at the latest. Fits 2nd best with the Big 10, 3rd best with the ACC. The SEC will NEVER happen with the powers-that-be at the University and never should happen with our Top 5-7 academic State U and Top 50 academically overall.

I don't think the Austin Cesspool comment is going to be forgotten for a long time. Herbstreit is an idiot for letting his personal emotions get the best of him.
Agree! He stepped over the line. ESPN should be proud.

Neither are ones that go down to the wire with Appalachian State and Ohio.
what about teams that beat Florida, Georgia and a blasted a Va, Tech team by 20 points that just destroyed UNC?

Oh, and the only blemish is a seven-point overtime loss on the road to a top 10 team?

seems really good to me.

Texas does not fit AT ALL with the heavily cheating, low academic bar SEC. Horrible fit.

UT fits best with the PAC 12, but the University would have to have assurances on 6pm PDT kickoffs at the latest. Fits 2nd best with the Big 10, 3rd best with the ACC. The SEC will NEVER happen with the powers-that-be at the University and never should happen with our Top 5-7 academic State U and Top 50 academically overall.
It's gonna be the Big 10.

A crappy AD, opinionated BMD's, it's all a red herring IMO. If Charlie was coaching better and winning games on the field none of that would matter.

41575_10762240386_3189_n.jpg
I can't wait til the day we are relevant again and the gameday crew has to make a trip to Austin. Herbstreit will have nightmares about that weekend

what about teams that beat Florida, Georgia and a blasted a Va, Tech team by 20 points that just destroyed UNC?

Oh, and the only blemish is a seven-point overtime loss on the road to a top 10 team?

seems really good to me.
This. When you have Vtech, Florida, Georgia, aggy and Bama as 5 of your first 7 games you might want to cut them some slack on not getting up for Ap State and Ohio. Those are games you win and move on.

Ketch, if you haven't already, you should make public your comments on a certain broadcaster's "cesspool" statement.

I can't wait til the day we are relevant again and the gameday crew has to make a trip to Austin. Herbstreit will have nightmares about that weekend
Should see some creative signs for sure. Remember the sign at Austin about Trev Alberts way back when? Gameday was sponsored by Home Depot; they had a commercial that said College Gameday set, built by Home Depot.

At Austin, someone had a sign that said: Trev Alberts, built by Homo Depot.

Perrin has done exactly what he's been asked to do and part of that is to support the hell out of Strong.
Yes, I do believe a full-time AD should be in place and have thought that all year because you could see this situation looming.
I'm not saying Perrin hasn't done what's been asked. I wouldn't even allude that he hasn't been great for the University. What I'm saying is that if Charlie Strong (who was the best candidate at the time we hired him, who has brought in GREAT recruiting classes the last two years and was on pace to do it again this year, and who finally has a really, really, good OC on staff) isn't good enough because we are Texas, then the guy who fires him and finds his replacement should be a qualified, proven AD. Perrin isn't that.

Exactly. For the years you cite, we won 8, 9 & 8 with very little NFL talent on any of those teams. The 2013 team that almost won the BIG 12 had no one drafted. Zero. So yes, Mack might have failed at the recruiting and development aspect of his job during those years, but he made up for it with competent game management, game planning and motivation. Take 2013 for example.....with constant rumors about his job security and the absolute collapse of his defense early in the season and the replacement of his DC 2 games into the season (sound familiar?), Mack righted the ship and knew what buttons to push to keep his team motivated and focused despite all the chaos at the time. Considering the lack of talent on that 2013 team, Mack probably squeezed every ounce of talent out of those guys to almost win a conference championship...with Case McCoy at QB. Compare that to the 2016 season where the dynamics and expectations are very similar but Charlie won't even sniff 8 wins. Oh, yeah...and Mack was booted after that 2013 season.
Understand your broader point, but we didn't "almost win" a conference title in 2013. Baylor had a far better team, toyed with us in the 1st half, and then cleaned our clock in the 2nd. To say we "almost won" is as aggy as it gets. It is like saying "we were 30 minutes away" when we weren't even close. Texas had huge problems coming out in the 3rd quarter that year. Spoke volumes of our mental and physical preparedness on Brown's teams.

KState is a much scarier game than anyone would have guessed before the season.

If only I had a nickel for every time I've heard this in any given year...including from myself. KSU is like a slow, stumbling zombie with one foot and no arms. Run around it, heckle it, believing there's zero chance of getting got...next thing you know it's chewing your face off.

I'd say things will get better once the old man is gone, but hell even Ron Prince worked our ass. KSU is Texas' daddy.

Reactions: tamarahorn
Ketch, I am shocked and at the same time I am happy to say that your write up was very good. Direct and to the point...finally! I am saddened by the failures of Charlie Strong because I was a supporter in the beginning, but he just completely dropped the ball, literally. His staff that he put together was just horrendous, and at the end of the day it just did him in.

Good post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT