ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: Better buy this kid's stock while there's still some left!

@Ketchum have you done a Beatles list? I'm watching "Yesterday " and seems like that would be quite the challenge...😉👊🏽

Reactions: marinehorn
I think anyone who watched the game thinks we had plenty of opportunities to win it but didn’t capitalize due to one reason or another
Fumbles and red zone playcalling definitely stick out
Sure, but the idea that Quinn didn't do enough last season doesn't make sense to me. Only 2 teams had better seasons.

Sure, but the idea that Quinn didn't do enough last season doesn't make sense to me.
From a rating standpoint he had some bad games, he was at a 168 rating or so before Tech and Washington games then it dropped off

From a rating standpoint he had some bad games, he was at a 168 rating or so before Tech and Washington games then it dropped off
Ok, but we finished 3rd. I think that by any almost any measure Texas and Quinn had a great year. I don't understand the negativity.

Reactions: reddoor
I appreciate the times of prior players, and speculate the wr room is motivated beyond belief to show out in the training. I can’t wait to see who has the best get off speed.

Ok, but we finished 3rd. I think that by any almost any measure Texas and Quinn had a great year. I don't understand the negativity.
He wasn’t good enough when it mattered most. A 125 rating in the CFP isn’t going to cut it

Yeah, Quinn has some work to do to become a truly elite QB. He is better than average, but throws a bad deep ball and frequently makes what should be a routine throw an adventure.

I don't understand the logic. You are saying that because we had Worthy and Mitchell we should have beaten a team with Penix, Rome Odunze, Ja'Lynn Polk and Jalen McMillan? In that game the best QB and best receiver were both Huskies.
Were they the best receivers or did they just have the better quarterback?

It’s a tough one. On one had Pierce’s job is on the line THIS season while RT’s is not. That being said Pierce has some skins on the wall and has shown an ability to do just enough.
Is his job really on the line this season?

I should not have drunk so much beer during the '80s, I tried to give Steely Dan credit for Fool (If You Think It's Over). I thought that was my favorite Steely Dan song! Now I am completely lost:confused:

Texas Baseball should always be elite - period end of story.

It's the AD's job to find the next Gus/Augie.

Anything else is blasphemy.
Except it hans't always been elite. It rarely has in the last 2 decades.

Steely Dan multiple songs that have grown on me over time

The Cuervo Gold
The fine Colombian
Make tonight a wonderful thing
Say it again

The Cuervo Gold
The fine Colombian

The Cuervo Gold
The fine Colombian

No we can't dance together

No we can't talk at all

Always makes me smile

As far as Longhorn baseball goes I think we probably finish in the top 25 but it won't be by much IMO, we don't have the pitching.

Not sure what we will get from Witt over the season and LBJ is beatable when going up against top 10-15 teams. No other consistent dominant starter or reliever

Infield and outfield play is solid and a decent hitting team capable of getting hot at times. Looks like a middle of the road season where we can beat a lot of people but not top teams consistently and lose a few we shouldn't.

Says Charles ran a 4.38 at combine? I always thought he was a 4.3 guy, not sure what he ran at Pro Day
This link said 4.41

I doubt any Steely Dan affictionados will agree with your list. It’s the bands fault not yours.

• Love
Reactions: Ketchum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT