ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Don't get mad at me for saying this...)

Let's look at the stats:

In 13 games in 2008:
Shipley: 89 rec., 1060 yards, 11 TDs
Cosby: 92 rec., 1123 yards, 10 TDs

Through 7 games this year:
Humphrey: 42 rec., 576 yards, 4 TDs
Johnson: 41 rec., 563 yards, 5 TDs

This year projected through 13 games:
Humphrey: 78 rec., 1070 yards, 7.5 TDs
Johnson: 76 rec., 1046 yards, 9.3 TDs

I don't disagree with anything you said about which guys are better at which aspects of the WR position, but it has to be acknowledged that this current duo is matching Jordan and Quan step for step in productivity, and they are doing so with average QB play, not having the benefit of a heisman finalist at QB throwing them the ball. And I'd say Humphrey is every bit as good of a route runner as the other two, and he is just as smart and just as good at finding soft spots in the zone. And you left off a huge advantage for the current pair in your comparison, and that is the ability to go up and make contested catches on deep balls in one-on-one situations. Collin doesn't just make short catches in traffic, he makes huge bomb catches in traffic.
That we can even have this conversation speaks loudly to the quality of today's duo.

It reminded of that team from 2016. That was a team that could do some damage in January, if it can repeat the performance consistently.

I can't even believe Swaim is the starting tight end.

Who knew!? Swain was fairly pedestrian at Texas. Evidently, the light switch came on. Kudos to him!
Yup, consistency is key now. Loved the passion Dak & Zeke showed. Those two have some serious chemistry, and it's been contagious to the team on both sides. Also, that baby faced rookie linebacker from Boise St is an animal! Lol. Sean Lee has a bright future in coaching.
Damn, the Boys are reeling me back in!

No. 9 - The List: Top 10 Favorite Movies About Music ...

giphy.gif

After catching the soon-to-be-Oscars-contender A Star is Born last weekend, I wondered what a Top 10 list of my own personal favorite movies centered on some form of the music world might look like.

Excluding musicals, movies centered around dancing or simply having an awesome soundtrack, here's what I came up with.

10. Crazy Heart
9. La Bamba
8. Walk The Line
7. High Fidelity
6. 8 Mile
5. Eddie and the Cruisers
4. Whiplash
3. Purple Rain
2. A Star is Born (2018)
1. Almost Famous

If you haven’t, I’d highly recommend Sing Street as it definitely makes my top 10 for movies about music.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT