ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Heads need to roll in Waco)

I don't have daughters. I suspect you don't, either. I also suspect if you did have daughters, you'd probably be as disgusted by all this as Ketch.

What Baylor has done in this case - over the course of more than a year - is flat out appalling. And despite their minimal attempts at mea culpas, it sure seems obvious they don't feel the least bit of actual remorse.
I'm utterly disgusted by it, and have made that clear in multiple posts over the last 2 days. Am I laying in bed crying? No. That's not normal, and therapy may be in order.

Good write up Ketch. You guys have been kicking ass this camp with all the reports and by far the hot topic of the week was Briles and it needed to be addressed with some good in depth reporting which you provided. Thank you for that.

I bet you're a real gem to be around. I honestly feel sad for you. Life is tough when you are this miserable.
No need to feel sad for me. You would be shocked how great my life is. I don't judge my happiness by posts on a message board, though.

Reactions: Whiterock H0rn
It is much more important than football, but I hope and pray that the Longhorns give those who worship at the altars of ND and Baylor football the losses they truly deserve.

Reactions: TilGabriel
Nothing will likely happen to Briles. The Baylor administration will likely feel no heat from anyone

1) Nobody gives a shit about Baylor nationally. It's likely ESPN or CNN have already forgot about this.

2) Unfortunately, because no local outlets broke this story, it wasn't able to be picked up by larger outlets around Texas or the country. Ukwawuachu was indicted in June 2014, well over a year ago. That's when this story should have broke by someone locally in Waco. That would have opened up the floodgates sooner for a larger regional or national outlet to expose Briles and Baylor for being the POS they are. Over the last year, this story could have gained bigger traction. The Sandusky story at Penn St, was originally broken by a local Harrisburg, PA paper. Then the rest of the media can get in on it.

Ketch, I pray that you never experience those kind of problems with your precious daughter. I also hope that there aren't any problems with any other family members. Remember that the problems can start immediately. Kids can disappear in an instant from a playground or shopping cart. The crazies are out there. It's not paranoia. Protect your family like their lives depend on it...they do.

it was a touching article about the young student from Notre Dame, and as a parent of what are now grown children, I can appreciate your very personal emotional investment. But as an important aside, I think it is time to reclaim your bedroom and have the twins sleep down the hall. Unless there are mitigating circumstances, it is time. It works best for them too.

I think Chris Peterson needs to be deposed to figure out exactly what he told Briles. Hope the NCAA, media and public demand and independent investigation. Womens' organizations should be front and center on this.

"murdered a girlfriend's Yorkie" You destroyed your whole point when you stated this. You can't "murder" a dog and to remotely compare is demeaning to the value of human life. You had me captivated and then you dropped that lame bomb and I lost all the value of your insight.

Here's the thing I don't get... All these people who aren't as horrified about the situation as you and I are, I mean, telling someone that he can't play on your team if he is a rapist or a domestic abuser is a ridiculously low bar. We're not saying that they have to pass the MCAT. We're not saying that they have to win the Nobel Peace Prize. We're just saying that they're not allowed to rape or beat up women. It is so ridiculously easy to not rape or beat up women. If that's a standard that you aren't capable of meeting, then you shouldn't be allowed in public. If you can't meet that standard, then there is no reason to believe that you can meet any standard. By bringing someone to your campus who is a known predator, then you are putting every single person on your campus in danger. So with Briles bringing Ukwuachu to campus, or Stoops bringing Green-Beckham, or Saban bringing Taylor, they are facilitating a culture that essentially has no standards at all, for the sake of a game. I mean, most of us have jobs that we had to undergo a background check for. Why should it be different for football players. It doesn't matter if you're the best accountant in the world; if you're a rapist, you're not going to get the job. So frankly, I, like you, am more inclined to believe that Briles is hiding something and Petersen told him more than he's letting on, but frankly, even if Briles is telling the complete truth about what Petersen said, he should still be fired. By not finding that out, and by apparently not knowing (or caring) that one of his players had been indicted for rape, and by not kicking him off the team at that moment, that tells me that Briles is a man who has no standards whatsoever for his team and does not see these young men as anything other than pawns in a game. As an NFL coach, you might be able to get away with that, but when you're coaching college kids, many of whom come from underprivileged backgrounds and have suddenly become the most famous kids on campus, they need guidance and they need to be held to standards. A football player's coach is like a father to him, and we're not okay with deadbeat dads, so why should we be okay with a deadbeat coach? And again, we're not talking micromanagement here. All I'm saying is that there is no reason that a football player or anyone else shouldn't be held to a standard in which they are expected not to rape people. It's not difficult, and the status quo with Briles, Fisher, Stoops, Saban, and any one of several other coaches who have been lucky enough not to be caught, is completely unacceptable.

"murdered a girlfriend's Yorkie" You destroyed your whole point when you stated this. You can't "murder" a dog and to remotely compare is demeaning to the value of human life. You had me captivated and then you dropped that lame bomb and I lost all the value of your insight.

Who cares? Murder, kill, whatever... Some people love dogs just as much as humans

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT