Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (I like Quinn just the way he is...)

Another good one. I’ve gotten to where o look forward to this piece more than the War Room.

Question- is C Hastings a guest on OB or a full time? I think I saw you mention on Toirube that he’s all aggy. Maybe I’m mistaken.
Full time. We’ve done daily shows for almost a year.

You can make a case that the mullet thing was really a disservice to him.
I mean, when I was his age I once cut my hair into a billy idol buzzcut and bleached it blonde, and I still turned out to be the coolest guy you know.

Great read! Particularly the take on Quinn Ewers. I have watched him develop since early high school, always hoping he would be a Horn. You captured him exactly as I view him, and always pull for him to succeed at the highest level. But more importantly, he strikes me as a terrific young man, soft-spoken, grounded and just a good kid - he's the kind of young man that anyone would be proud to have as a son.

Side note - I've never seen a bus go 300 miles an hour...;)
I’m glad I could make it memorable for you!

Reactions: www67legend
Great stuff today

Great stuff today Ketch! I can tell you from personal experience the Italian beef sandwiches from Mr, Beef are fantastic. My companies office is right across the street and it’s hard not to get one every time I’m down there for meetings. It’s also cool to watch them film the show out my office window every now and then. Have a great rest of your Sunday!
Mmmmmmm… me want. 😆

Just some BS is what it was..
what does this even mean? Someone forgot that he’s on the roster? Have you found any other examples from other teams?

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. I hope this motivates DJ to put some defenders in the dirt and prove who he is

Frailty and A Simple Plan would be my top two for Paxton, followed by True Lies and Aliens, but I respect your list. Frailty might be a top 20 “great movie that hardly anyone has seen”.

Reactions: longhornfaithful
Ketch: "If I'm Sarkisian, I'm going to do whatever I can to close with Kaliq Lockett and Jamie Ffrench (and Dakorien Moore for that matter), but I'm not dropping down to the next tier of talent at the high school level to replace losing one of those names."

I mostly agree, but I would have probably taken Hines only because that speed /size profile is worth a shot to see if he can be developed to elite...if not, he will portal out, so nothing lost. JMHO

Understandable.

I’m just here to applaud Weird Science somehow making the TTFTW. I probably watched that movie more than any other during my youth. “Fats, lemme tell you my story man…”

Chet’s laugh still gets me.

Reactions: Eagle Fang
Awesome read. Pulling for QE to be the QB we need to make the SEC debut. Watching the clip about this being his final year in college made me think. "Hey, he does have another year if he chooses to use it". What would that do to AM intentions to be the next man? Curious how these things would unfold. 🤘🏻

Frailty and A Simple Plan would be my top two for Paxton, followed by True Lies and Aliens, but I respect your list. Frailty might be a top 20 “great movie that hardly anyone has seen”.
I’d put One False Move above them all.
Great movie and he was terrific.

Does Ewers personality as QB at UT remind you of Chris Simms? Ewers clearly has more talent, but the similarities of how they are expected to carry themselves from media and fans feels very similar.
Eh, Simms had the weight of his father there too. Only really involved fans know that Ewers was the #1 rated QB prospect ever...to everyone else they just kind of know he was supposed to be really good.

Reactions: majormadrid
No. 10 – The List: Bill Paxton …

your list has left me severely gruntled...in an award worthy career of Top 10's you laid a massive...

giphy.webp

One False Move, A Simple Plan, Frailty...WTF is the matter with you...

bill-paxton.gif

Outstanding stuff. I am in full agreement with you re: Quinn, but especially regarding young WR's. Get the best, then portal the rest (also the best, and PROVEN at the college level).

Bill Paxton at his best was the star of HBO’s Big Love. He was VERY good.

Personally, QE should really look at finding ways to improve his speed in the pocket and having some type of dual threat. Doesn’t have to be Vicks like, but better than he has shown. Other than that, seems like making sure to slide on every run is critical.
He mentioned that the coaches don't want him to slide. They feel like that leads to injury.

Reactions: MauiHorn