ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (I'm not sure I'm going to give you what you want...)

(Buy) This staff needs upgrading.

giphy.gif

Sean Payton might be having his best season ever as a head coach. The Saints were missing Drew Brees, Alvin Kamara and Jared Cook, and they still pistol-whipped the Bears in Chicago.

Watched the whole game. Fantasized almost the entire game of Sean Payton as O-Co at Texas.

I know, won't happen. But it does make me imagine there could be a really amazing O-Co (and D-Co) out there that Texas could hire. Riley was at East Carolina before OU. Sean Payton was at San Diego St., Indiana St., Miami (OH), and Illinois before the NFL.

I hope you are wrong about CDC not getting involved. What does it take for him to earn his salary ?

There is no way we beat Baylor playing as we are. They are rolling and they have a QB who is our poison, one who can pass and run. Our chances of beating ISU, while presently not good, are better than our beating Baylor (who I hate).

Baylor beat ISU by three and TT in double overtime after a missed call. Maybe all of those teams are head and shoulders better than Texas, but I doubt it.

"HornHammer said:
B/S somewhere on our team exists a pass rusher"

(Buy) Just turn Joseph Ossai loose.

Spot on. Orlando should be fired for his misuse of Ossai alone. Our best pass rusher, and one of the best (if not the best) in the Big 12, rarely rushes the passer.

Remember this when Ossai is sacking QBs in NFL as a 4-3 WDE or rush OLB in 3-4 where the rush OLB gets up on LOS and comes after QB the vast majority of passing downs (Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Clowney, etc.) Ossai could be that kind of dominant player!

It's laughable when Orlando talks about putting his 11 best players in the best position to succeed, while Joseph rarely gets to rush the passer. Beyond frustrating. Todd, turn him loose!!!

Posters talk of Tom firing Todd in season...I don't think Tom will fire Todd after the season. He's already called Orlando the best DC in the country, and they are clearly BFFs...but I can hope.

"HornHammer said:
Remember this when Ossai is sacking QBs in NFL as a 4-3 WDE or rush OLB in 3-4 where the rush OLB gets up on LOS and comes after QB the vast majority of passing downs (Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Clowney, etc.) Ossai could be that kind of dominant player!
I think eventually someone will wise up and realize that thoroughbreds should be asked to run forward.

Reactions: J Tull and darrenj
I think that our perception of mediocre and CDC’S may not be the same. We have actually been invested in the Longhorn game for decades while CDC is simply late to the party and draws a big paycheck. He doesn’t bleed burnt orange and could move on to Alabama tomorrow and act just as invested in their team if price and title were right.

The athletic department is in great hands with Del Conte. People can believe that CDC won't get involved in coaching changes at their peril. If the level of play does not drastically improve, he is going to get involved.

Tom Herman should be gone after he loses to K-State and I-State. After he loses to Baylor and TT he should never be mentioned in the same sentence as UT. Who will be our next super hero?? Clay Hunley?

I can’t believe people are actually talking about firing Herman. Good lord unless you’re getting urban Meyer you don’t fire him under his contract

Good Grief! At this rate, Nancy Pelosi and the Dems couldn't do any worse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT