ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Intel you need to know)

Aggie fans “want it more” than Longhorn fans.
I believe this is true .
I was born in 1942 and , in my lifetime, have experienced 4 national championships in football and come close at least 7 other times .(61/64/77/83/01/08/09)
My next door neighbor is a die hard (Former corp of cadets) aggy and has experienced virtually no success in his lifetime . He hates UT with a passion and the frustration is written all over his face .
He is currently deathly afraid of the possibility that we could win another one in the very near future .

Last edited:
UT doesn’t pay NIL. Fans, boosters and companies sponsors do. It is illegal for Texas to pay players still. That is what one fund is. Texas set it up and distributes the funds. So all that money that Texas makes and has belongs to Texas. Paying the players to come to Texas is on us.
Thank you. I understand that the university doesn’t pay the players. When I said UT I was actually referring to the fan base and alumni which at a university like ours is huge. So if the alumni and fan base at UT can’t or won’t support NIL, why would other Fan bases or alumni be able too?

No, I'm really not.

The issue was that it was mentioned that someone hated that athletes were coming to Texas for the chance to enhance revenue for themselves.

Other than the very luckiest and most privileged, that's what college is... the springboard or pathway to making the money they will make in their lives.

The kids in the Business school are there because of money. They want it.
I don’t think that goal is nearly so universal. Students at university choose to study things they know won’t maximize their income. Some choose to be teachers. Others even become classics scholars, for reasons unrelated to luck or privilege. Ultimately education is meant to cultivate virtue (however understood) in youth, for the benefit of all society.

Last edited:
Thank you. I understand that the university doesn’t pay the players. When I said UT I was actually referring to the fan base and alumni which at a university like ours is huge. So if the alumni and fan base at UT can’t or won’t support NIL, why would other Fan bases or alumni be able too?
I see. Yeah I made the same point in another post. The market needs to stabilize. At some point maybe we just can’t afford every blue chip every year. Or the kids need to accept less money. I don’t k ow what the answer is but it’s not for me so give every discretionary dollar I have.

Reactions: Kermit68
Every kid that comes to UT comes because of money in some form or fashion.
Geoff. This is so off base I can't even believe I'm having to tell you. You know better man. I'm skipping all the context, but this sentence... if ****ing wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT