ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Is the coverage of Ewers too intense?)

Now that these kids are openly basically being paid as professionals, well paid at that, I have no issues with treating them like pros. You don’t get to have the cake without the calories.
This... If you want to be paid like professionals you are gong to have the deal with what professionals have to deal with...

Reactions: McGuapo
It’s not about not wanting to hear anything negative about the Longhorns. It’s about being realistic with what a first year player should be expected to achieve his first year in the system, especially at quarterback. quarterback is the toughest position on a football team. You keep wanting to compare ewers to other more experienced players at his position. like a freshman should know an offense as well as a fifth year senior, like TCU had as their quarterback. That is a crazy expectation and why you deserved to be criticized. In Ewers 2nd year it’s reasonable to expect him to improve from last year.

It’s not about not wanting to hear anything negative about the Longhorns. It’s about being realistic with what a first year player should be expected to achieve his first year in the system, especially at quarterback. quarterback is the toughest position on a football team. You keep wanting to compare ewers to other more experienced players at his position. like a freshman should know an offense as well as a fifth year senior, like TCU had as their quarterback. That is a crazy expectation and why you deserved to be criticized. In Ewers 2nd year it’s reasonable to expect him to improve from last year.
All players competing for a starting job at quarterback should be expected to give maximum effort with regards to work ethic and mental preparation.

No matter the age.

Parks And Recreation Nbc GIF by HULU

Probably a beaner.

Thanks man, and I absolutely agree.

I also acknowledge that the tone of the board can sometimes be misconstrued as your voice. Your objective criticisms can sometimes blend with the vitriol that is expressed by others.

Appreciate the responses, and willingness to engage.
Nice work jessed
I admire you

I think the reason he was hired because Texas officials wanted his OC abilities. If you take that away, all you have left is a recruiter, no?
We hired him to be a head coach and so far he hasn’t proven that he can be both head coach and OC. I don’t see that improving.

So the hope is he can be the CEO type of head coach that recruits well, creates the culture and hires elite coaches to run his program.

One of my biggest take aways (grievances) is why didn't we use Bijan more in the passing game. With all the passing game struggles we had at the end of the season. We should have truly unleashed Bijan he should have been carrying the ball 20+ times a game and minimum 5 targets a game in the passing game. He should have been a true dual threat RB with more passes coming out of the slot. Just don't get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT