ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (It's Prediction Time!)

I've been saying that ever since @Anwar Richardson dropped that nugget but nobody wants to hear that. Damn shame his source fed him a line of bullsh*t for whatever reason. Too many folks still want to hollar at him for it.
The problem is it should have never been reported especially if Anwar supoosedly didn't believe the source.

From the second it was dropped all the other UT outlets pretty much called it nonsense. The whole mess that took over this site could have been avoided and Anwar will forever have to hear it. Hell years later "It's Austin" won't die on here and likely never will. Chip Brown will never live down the PAC 12 report either

The problem is it should have never been reported especially if Anwar supoosedly didn't believe the source.

From the second it was dropped all the other UT outlets pretty much called it nonsense. The whole mess that took over this site could have been avoided and Anwar will forever have to hear it. Hell years later "It's Austin" won't die on here and likely never will. Chip Brown will never live down the PAC 12 report either

Apparently I don't see the need to beat a dead horse.

I've been saying that ever since @Anwar Richardson dropped that nugget but nobody wants to hear that. Damn shame his source fed him a line of bullsh*t for whatever reason. Too many folks still want to hollar at him for it.
The thing is...his source believed it. He might have been the only person that did, which speaks super volumes.

That's total horseshit.

All of the other websites all came around and reported the same thing in the days that followed.

Don't be a liar to try and make a failing point.

The thing is...his source believed it. He might have been the only person that did, which speaks super volumes.

That's fine. The main thing is it was a source @Anwar Richardson felt compelled to rely on as a reporter. I've NEVER remotely pinned this on @Anwar Richardson. I certainly told him IMO his source was FOS but also said I understood him having to report it.

Anwar caught a lot of hell over his statement whether his source told him that or not. If he did not believe it why did he report it to us? If I did not have faith in my source I would keep it to myself. Anwar is a good reporter but he won't ever live that one down just like Ketch will not live down 85%.
He reported the info because it came from a very high place and the source that reported it believed it.

He put a million clarifications and cautions in the reporting. Those details tend to get missed by people who don't have the capacity to allow for any kind of nuance.

Frankly, those that won't let us live down these situations are speaking more about themselves than about us.

Hell, most, like yourself, can't even get the freaking details of what happened right. You're just a pile-hopper.

That's fine. The main thing is it was a source @Anwar Richardson felt compelled to rely on as a reporter. I've NEVER remotely pinned this on @Anwar Richardson. I certainly told him IMO his source was FOS but also said I understood him having to report it.
That source had never steered Anwar wrong. Ever. Again, the source believed what he was passing along was the truth when he passed it along.

Sometimes a source is high ranking enough that when he reports something to you that's critically important, you have to do your job and report it, even if it means providing context and some clarifications along the way. We vetted and talk about that story for 24+ hours before reporting.

It was later confirmed by 90-percent of all Texas media outlets.

Then, common sense prevailed.

That's total horseshit.

All of the other websites all came around and reported the same thing in the days that followed.

Don't be a liar to try and make a failing point.

Which sites? They reported swoopes was ahead and it wasn't that close?

He reported the info because it came from a very high place and the source that reported it believed it.

He put a million clarifications and cautions in the reporting. Those details tend to get missed by people who don't have the capacity to allow for any kind of nuance.

Frankly, those that won't let us live down these situations are speaking more about themselves than about us.

Hell, most, like yourself, can't even get the freaking details of what happened right. You're just a pile-hopper.

Any Texas fan that doesn't respect TCU at this point isn't far from fool status.

@Ketchum

I sure as hell am not doing it because of how they whipped CFS's butt.

So TCU won the big 12 all three years they kicked Texas butt?

Wait, no?

How many times did they win the big12?

Wait, zero times? Oh that's right they tied Rape U for the conf champ but lost to them in the season so they were number two.

Since they joined the big12 they have had 2 winning conference records! Two!

They had losing conference seasons the other three years.

Coincidence that Trevone Boykin was there those two years?

Is Kenny Hill's senior season passer rating going to be higher than Bueschele's who you said basically played like crap? It wasn't last year. I'll make a bet it won't be this year.

All Thrill hill did as a junior was beat Kansas there by 1 pt.

Oh yeah, and beat Texas.

Mark me down as a fool then. I simply will not give them some phantom credit for being the best in the big12 when both Texas and OU were having their issues In 14 and 15.

In the big 12 they have shown they can't do jack without Boykin. And he is not coming back.

Your turn.

(Now Oklahoma State on the other hand has earned its place)

Oh stop it. What has your panties in such a wad this morning. You realize it has been a full year since that happened and saying he put a million whatever in there simply is not true. It is an exaggeration. Your paragraph 4 does not include me. I have never commented about that until now but did so just to point it out to you.

With regard to your last paragraph you are so damn wrong you do not have enough sense to realize it. You have no right to call any of your paying public any names. I am not a pile hopper. That is literal bullshit coming from someone who is pissed off about something that I did not cause nor did another poster above that you scalded. We pay money to be on this board some of which goes to you and you should never treat your customers the way you are this morning. Whatever has happened in your world was not caused by us and you have no right to take it out on your customers.

That source had never steered Anwar wrong. Ever. Again, the source believed what he was passing along was the truth when he passed it along.

Sometimes a source is high ranking enough that when he reports something to you that's critically important, you have to do your job and report it, even if it means providing context and some clarifications along the way. We vetted and talk about that story for 24+ hours before reporting.

It was later confirmed by 90-percent of all Texas media outlets.

Then, common sense prevailed.

Understood. But I stuck with common sense from the outset. ;)

Novice is novice. Let's not pretend that he didn't bring a 0-0 record into that fight as a boxer.

The best part of that match is that one would expect that a boxer of his caliber really wouldn't need a game plan to execute.

I would bet large money that Connor could be given a random set of possible MMA finishes ten seconds before the start of a UFC match vs FM and finish him as dictated before the middle of the fight. From stand up, to ground and pound to any submission, I think FM would last 5-10 minutes max.

Basically I fail to understand why the supposed best boxer of this generation couldn't just go in and whip his ass without having to follow any plan at all. Especially as you put it, he was an 0-0 pro novice.

Oh please smart ass, they were ranked 106 in total defense last season. I don't think our receivers are too worried about being shut down by them. They have 3 of their 4 corner's with little or no experience. We had 568 yards of total offense against them last year and Shane was 21 of 33 for 239 with 1 TD and 1 pick. I wouldn't say those were shut down type numbers for a defense. Good Lord, you act like they are Alabama. Nobody, and I mean nobody in the Big 12 has a defense capable of shutting down our receivers by their Physicality. That's a joke to even say that. Surely you're better than that...

Defensive FEI is a more robust, more impactful measurement than total defense. Their defense shut us down most of the game. And they have two seniors in their defensive backfield. You missed on all of these.

The point is, OSU is a defense that we'll have to execute against if we want to have success. They aren't a team that we hold significant size/speed advantages against.

Defensive FEI is a more robust, more impactful measurement than total defense. Their defense shut us down most of the game. And they have two seniors in their defensive backfield. You missed on all of these.

The point is, OSU is a defense that we'll have to execute against if we want to have success. They aren't a team that we hold significant size/speed advantages against.

Well, now that, I would tend to agree with your wording a little better. I seriously don't believe anyone in the Big 12 should be able to shut down our skill players with physicality. Maybe we're splitting hairs and aren't that far off on our thinking. I just didn't agree with you're wording with that other poster.

So you're predicting that Collin Johnson will "only" have about as good a season as top 10 draft pick Roy Williams ever did, And then you say he comes back next year and blows that away?! Wow, the kool-aid is flowing!

Way to shoot for the stars!

Sir,
Orange cool-aid is the elixir of life!

@Ketchum

I sure as hell am not doing it because of how they whipped CFS's butt.

So TCU won the big 12 all three years they kicked Texas butt?

Wait, no?

How many times did they win the big12?

Wait, zero times? Oh that's right they tied Rape U for the conf champ but lost to them in the season so they were number two.

Since they joined the big12 they have had 2 winning conference records! Two!

They had losing conference seasons the other three years.

Coincidence that Trevone Boykin was there those two years?

Is Kenny Hill's senior season passer rating going to be higher than Bueschele's who you said basically played like crap? It wasn't last year. I'll make a bet it won't be this year.

All Thrill hill did as a junior was beat Kansas there by 1 pt.

Oh yeah, and beat Texas.

Mark me down as a fool then. I simply will not give them some phantom credit for being the best in the big12 when both Texas and OU were having their issues In 14 and 15.

In the big 12 they have shown they can't do jack without Boykin. And he is not coming back.

Your turn.

(Now Oklahoma State on the other hand has earned its place)
31-9
50-7
48-10

In the last three seasons, TCU has beaten Texas by a combined FOURTEEN touchdowns.

FOURTEEN!

The best part of that match is that one would expect that a boxer of his caliber really wouldn't need a game plan to execute.

I would bet large money that Connor could be given a random set of possible MMA finishes ten seconds before the start of a UFC match vs FM and finish him as dictated before the middle of the fight. From stand up, to ground and pound to any submission, I think FM would last 5-10 minutes max.

Basically I fail to understand why the supposed best boxer of this generation couldn't just go in and whip his ass without having to follow any plan at all. Especially as you put it, he was an 0-0 pro novice.
totally agree.

It's so often the least educated on a topic that want to rehash it the most, wouldn't you say?

Not sure insulting your paying customers is the best business model.

31-9
50-7
48-10

In the last three seasons, TCU has beaten Texas by a combined FOURTEEN touchdowns.

FOURTEEN!

There is no question Gary Patterson owned charlie strong. Are we to believe the same results happen if someone else was coaching those teams? Does Tom Herman get his pants beat off if had taken over for Mack and been here the last three years?

Reactions: hubbyh
I'm pretty sure you didn't read a thing.
Sadly read everything. I don't honestly think a 5-7 or 6-6 season is in the works, but if we have to bench our soph starter and start another true freshman 2 years in a row I have no idea how we can have a successful season in 2017. Do we go 3 for 3 and have to start one of the guys in 2018 if Sam struggles also?

After watching USF, they looked like us for the last 3 years and eventually out athleted a bad SJS team. Watching Herman, I'm sure that is all behind us. But we don't have a QB again, 8 years running. That is the most important position in the big 12. We also don't have the best RB in college football this year. So ya, should be fun to watch.

Sadly read everything. I don't honestly think a 5-7 or 6-6 season is in the works, but if we have to bench our soph starter and start another true freshman 2 years in a row I have no idea how we can have a successful season in 2017. Do we go 3 for 3 and have to start one of the guys in 2018 if Sam struggles also?

After watching USF, they looked like us for the last 3 years and eventually out athleted a bad SJS team. Watching Herman, I'm sure that is all behind us. But we don't have a QB again, 8 years running. That is the most important position in the big 12. We also don't have the best RB in college football this year. So ya, should be fun to watch.

I think you have a distorted view of just how good BOTH of our QB are.

I didn't say Shane would be benched. I said at one point this season I thought Sam would start a game.

I did predict a 9-3 season.

Reactions: smkline
31-9
50-7
48-10

FOURTEEN!

And you think that is because TCU is so good?

I don't think that at all.

What is the ONE single thing that is common to those 14 TD's?

I'll give you a hint. He works in South Florida now.

And now that he is gone there is no reason to believe this game shouldn't return to the mean. Which means TCU losing at at least the same rate as it normally does.
Hell, Mack Brown beat Patterson in his last 2 years by over 14 pts per game and we know how good those teams were.

The other change is that Boykin is gone. And with him gone, there goes the only guy that has ever allowed TCU to have a winning big12 conf record. Patterson hasn't had a winning conference record in the big12 in any season Trevonne wasn't the QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT