ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (It's Swoopes.)

Case didn't win that game. Hell, if it had been close, his ridiculous turnover that directly turned into six points could have been incredibly costly.

I know he didn't win that game hence the word " chance" in the sentence. If Tyrone can get the Longhorns to Waco on Dec. 5th with a " chance" to win the big 12 I will jump off the bridge that leads to McClane Stadium right into the Brazos River before the game. Case gave the Longhorns a " chance" to win the big 12 championship on that cold day in Waco in 2013. Case beat OU that year and also beat Aggy in College Station in the last game of that series when the Longhorns were definite underdogs .

Whatever...Brown played well enough in practice for the coaches to trust him in a game. Is this really that hard to understand? Heard is going to get his shot and he can show that he is a magic gamer at that time.

My man, you got that wrong. It was a very well known fact that Brown was a bad practice player. He started because he was a gamer and showed up during game day.

I think you put too much weight on practice performance as Swoopes has demonstrated, means little on game day.

My man, you got that wrong. It was a very well known fact that Brown was a bad practice player. He started because he was a gamer and showed up during game day.

I think you put too much weight on practice performance as Swoopes has demonstrated, means little on game day.

I can't stop you from believing stuff. If you believe Johnny Mac just through an incompetent out there...okay.

I can't stop you from believing stuff. If you believe Johnny Mac just through an incompetent out there...okay.

Brown wasn't incompetent, Mac didn't have to change his playbook for him. Brown, just didn't take practice as serious as he probably should.

Grasping a playbook during practice is one thing. Execution of that playbook during the game is another.

Not always, but what else does a coach have to go by? What is a better way for a coach to determine who plays and who sits?

Wining on game day is the most important factor. You must not have played football and had that game day experience

Brown wasn't incompetent, Mac didn't have to change his playbook for him. Brown, just didn't take practice as serious as he probably should.

Grasping a playbook during practice is one thing. Execution of that playbook during the game is another.

So, you are saying he did something in practice to demonstrate he could play. Fine, that's all I said...glad you agree.

Wining on game day is the most important factor. You must not have played football and had that game day experience

We were talking about how a coach decides who should play. I have no idea what that comment refers to and why you decided to get all insulty. Good luck to you.

So, you are saying he did something in practice to demonstrate he could play. Fine, that's all I said...glad you agree.

You keep arguing your point about practice, and anyone who has played organized football knows that some players perform better during game time.

I don't understand why this is such a hard concept for you to understand.

We were talking about how a coach decides who should play. I have no idea what that comment refers to and why you decided to get all insulty. Good luck to you.

You weren't being insulted. You clearly haven't experienced football as a player. Nothing wrong with that, many of the know-it-alls here haven't.

You're logic is flawed...and inconsistent with football reality. Sorry your feelings were hurt.

You weren't being insulted. You clearly haven't experienced football as a player. Nothing wrong with that, many of the know-it-alls here haven't.

You're logic is flawed...and inconsistent with football reality. Sorry your feelings were hurt.

You are just full of assumptions...you have no idea...and I feel a little sorry for you.

You keep arguing your point about practice, and anyone who has played organized football knows that some players perform better during game time.

I don't understand why this is such a hard concept for you to understand.

I never said any different. It's just that it's rare and coaches don't have the luxury of guessing. They generally have to trust there eyes in practice. I'm surprised you don't know that...being the big football star that you were in your day.

I never said any different. It's just that it's rare and coaches don't have the luxury of guessing. They generally have to trust there eyes in practice. I'm surprised you don't know that...being the big football star that you were in your day.

But...guessing is exactly what they are doing. The only known quantity at QB is Swoopes from game experience and we know how that worked out. So now...they are guessing, more like hoping he has evolved in his abilities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT