ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Kool-Aid, Lemons and Salt)

Maybe not completely precise, but the idea that the current situation is not somewhere between what one should have honestly expected before the season started and where we are.

I've been writing about the issues in this program for months. This is exactly what I've been suggesting for a while was the actual reality.

Reactions: DKinnamon
No, I'm taking the 75-percent of the two most important games on the schedule, none of which are interrupted in the selection.

The reality is that 12.5 percent of the two game sample size is insignificant.

If you think that stat is somehow unfair, you're focusing on the wrong thing.
No. I think that focusing on anything outside of the Ark game is insignificant. It’s a completely different team at this point.

elephant in the room?!? Outside of 3 “out of this world” plays are we not talking about the biggest beat down ever?
inches-pacino.gif

Jerry sold his soul to the devil for that third ring. Dallas will never win a suoer bowl while he's living. It's in the paperwork that he signed in blood.
I never agree with you but yea, you nailed this one.

Okafor, moot now. Bush, Brockermeyer, Coburn (maybe I'm off here but he hasn't flashed at all to me). Schooler instead of Adimora. There's probably some others I'm missing...
I think the tale of the tape from yesterday pretty much dispels the myth that putting Karic into the starting lineup was somehow going to be an upgrade. Not sure if there's another viable starter for the OL beyond him.

No. I think that focusing on anything outside of the Ark game is insignificant. It’s a completely different team at this point.

elephant in the room?!? Outside of 3 “out of this world” plays are we not talking about the biggest beat down ever?
inches-pacino.gif
It's not a completely different team. Far from it. That's literally the point.

Reactions: DKinnamon
Why do so many think the portal is filled with badass OL? If they were really good, they wouldn’t be in the portal.

Off the top of my head Wanya Morris looked pretty solid filling in along the right side of OU's offensive line after their starting RT went down with injury and Cain Madden has done a great job for Notre Dame this season.

I'm sure there's others I could dig for, but those are two I know have made an impact.

Reactions: PresACG
No, you wanted to come in and call me names, question my ethics and you did so without reading the article because if you had actually read it, you wouldn't be making unsupported claims.
I'm glass half full. And I look at the explosiveness this fledgling program has proven in the first six games. It should be blowing our minds at what we've done so far. A FRESHMAN receive gets 260 yards receiving? In the Texas ou game? Come on. I hate our loss as much as anybody. But I love the future. Come one, people. It's gonna be all right. Get it?

Lame. Lame. Lame. You're the guy who told us to temper our expectations coming into this year. Now you're gone totally wild and condemning this team after they played their guts out. You gave us a nominal chance this year. YOU did. Fine. But now they're horrible? It means you don't have the mind to guide your own judgments. Well done. Thanks for cherry picking the shit. I'm a glass if half full guy. We know what your are.
I don't want to appear to be taking sides here but with all due respect man you sound pretty angry. Take a step back for a second. Look at your signature line about the truth setting you free. We're in the process of discovering the truth about where this team truly is. @Ketchum posting today is about discussing new facts after we actually play the games.

I think @Anwar Richardson put it pretty well today about not letting the off season narratives setting expectations for this team. I don't think that OB is the only media outlet that might have done that.

The reality of the situation is the reporting done in the off season is largely from inside sources, are those insiders going to volunteer, "no, we're doing a bad job, but don't worry, we'll be ready for the regular season". I don't think that's a reasonable expectation to have. Some of the reporting is facts, some is guesswork, and some of it is opinion that you have to remember to take with a grain of salt.

We as fans need to remember to temper our expectations sometimes or at least maintain some sort of healthy skepticism.

I'm with you, and disappointed that the team doesn't appear ready. Just maybe pump the brakes on lashing out?

Reactions: Ghost of RT
I'm glass half full. And I look at the explosiveness this fledgling program has proven in the first six games. It should be blowing our minds at what we've done so far. A FRESHMAN receive gets 260 yards receiving? In the Texas ou game? Come on. I hate our loss as much as anybody. But I love the future. Come one, people. It's gonna be all right. Get it?
Like I said, you didn't read the article. Your accusations and name-calling are insulting.

Have a good night. You'll forgive me if I don't view your making things up as being glass half full.

I've been writing about the issues in this program for months. This is exactly what I've been suggesting for a while was the actual reality.
True, but you have also at times been swept up in the moment of other games where UT won big and felt that some progress has been made. I think that there are signs of life in some of the areas of concern.

Except for OU, it is not clear how good UT has to be to win. That won't be true in the SEC.

Reactions: styrbjorn
@trimmwagon YOU'RE CONDEMNING THE TEAM!!!!!!!

REALITY: "For all of the flaws that emerged on the offensive side of the ball in the final 45 minutes of Saturday's game, we're still talking about a unit that ranks 1st in the Big 12 in scoring (44.5), total offense 480 yards per game), rushing offense (245 yards per game) and passing game efficiency (176.2).

The only Texas offense in the history of the program to pull off such a thing over the course of the entire season is the freakishly historic 2005 team.

The Texas offense features a quarterback that is on pace to have the best passing efficiency season in school history, a running back that some people believe is the best player in the country and a freshman wide receiver that leads the Big 12 in both receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.

There are going to be some games on the remaining schedule, all of which the Longhorns will be favored in when the Longhorns will be able to overwhelm teams with its offensive firepower. Oh, all of the offensive firepower is set to return in 2022.

None of this is insignificant. It's actually a huge important deal. The addition of Steve Sarkisian to the Texas program has elevated the offense from the very good territory into the statistically elite of the elite family."
I think Texas will be favorites in all the remaining games.
I agree with your take. I just don’t think the remaining teams are very good. I could be wrong. We will find out a lot next week.

I think the tale of the tape from yesterday pretty much dispels the myth that putting Karic into the starting lineup was somehow going to be an upgrade. Not sure if there's another viable starter for the OL beyond him.
I never understood the push to put him in. I’ve seen very few true freshman who can start and play well at a power five school.

Texas is elite on offense and historically poor right now on defense.

That can lead to a variety of outcomes each week.
Very true. I’m in total agreement with everything you are saying.

I just don’t think okie st is as good as most do. I think this is a down year for the big 12.

Reactions: styrbjorn
OU caught all the breaks. The Hail Mary to mims. The two fumbles that somehow weren’t. Not gonna talk about refs cuz that’s not what we do. The list goes on.
Reality is… There were three insane low probability / high impact plays. Abnormal, once a season type plays, and they hit 3 of them. Inexcusable. But it happened. If that list is whittled to “2” instead, your article is telling us to dream big. We didn’t get boat raced today. All 48 of our points were warned. 21 of their 55 were gifts from the ****ing football gods that seem have a soft spot for these inbred mouth breathers.

sark wants em again in December. I do too. Horns by a million in that game!!!!

ah.... luck. Gotch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT