ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Let me be crystal clear...)

Ketch pulls a D Foreman.
Best damn article this year.
There is little in life more entertaining than a truly irate sportswriter
Man, people think I was mad righting this. Not the case at all. It's harshness comes from its directness.

Last years Longhorn Class under Strong was arguably in the Top 7 or 8 in the Nation & his First Class the year before was in the top 10 IMO opinion we should feel good about our Football Team right now because they hit bottom & now they are for the first time since 2009 becoming a TEAM again.
HookEM TEXAS WIN,LOSE,OR DRAW

Based on the 247 Composite, which I picked because so many are down on Ketch/Rivals right now, Mack's 2011 class was ranked 4th behind Alabama, Florida State, and USC, and his 2012 class was ranked 2nd, behind only Alabama. Those are the horrible players CS inherited from Mack in 2014.

The 2013 class was ranked 17th, but lost 8/15 members after CS arrived, including 2 of the 3 highest rated 4* and the only 5*. The 2014 class put together by Mack and Charlie was ranked 16th. The second ranked player, the only QB, is now a WR, while the top recruit, the top running back, and two others left. Fortunately, the second-lowest rated recruit turned out to be a pretty fair running back.

It's early to review the 2015 and 2016 classes, although both look like they have some fine players, but 6 of the 2015 signees aren't with the team.

The point of all this? Some highly ranked classes have been good to Texas, and some have been bitterly disappointing. Go by what your eyes see, not the number of stars.

After Notre Dame Charlie had the consensus best players in Texas fired up and ready to sign - then Cal, OK State, and KSU happened. Not sure he can recapture that mojo if he stays, and I'm not sure just any new coach can persuade any of them to come back to UT, especially since so many are early enrollees. If the '15 and '16 classes all pan out we have a good nucleus, but we need 2017 to be just as good or we don't have depth at key positions.

Last edited:
Based on the 247 Composite, which I picked because so many are down on Ketch/Rivals right now, Mack's 2011 class was ranked 4th behind Alabama, Florida State, and USC, and his 2012 class was ranked 2nd, behind only Alabama. Those are the horrible players CS inherited from Mack in 2014.

The 2013 class was ranked 17th, but lost 8/15 members after CS arrived, including 2 of the 3 highest rated 4* and the only 5*. The 2014 class put together by Mack and Charlie was ranked 16th. The second ranked player, the only QB, is now a WR, while the top recruit, the top running back, and two others left. Fortunately, the second-lowest rated recruit turned out to be a pretty fair running back.

It's early to review the 2015 and 2016 classes, although both look like they have some fine players, but 6 of the 2015 signees aren't with the team.

The point of all this? Some highly ranked classes have been good to Texas, and some have been bitterly disappointing. Go by what your eyes see, not the number of stars.
When Charlie arrived on campus we had a lot of elite recruits that felt they had arrived just because they were recruited by The University of Texas so Charlie had to change the culture my View and I could be wrong is I think this group is becoming a real team the First since 2009.

After Notre Dame Charlie had the consensus best players in Texas fired up and ready to sign - then Cal, OK State, and KSU happened. Not sure he can recapture that mojo if he stays, and I'm not sure just any new coach can persuade any of them to come back to UT, especially since so many are early enrollees. If the '15 and '16 classes all pan out we have a good nucleus, but we need 2017 to be just as good or we don't have depth at key positions.
I think Charlie is going to turn things around let's all hope I am right & let's hope we beat West Virginia this weekend 6 wins in a row Bowl Included would really put some MO in our Offseason & Recruiting.

I'm not sensitive. We're engaged in conversation, no?

You pulled out a very small piece of a very large column from more than 2 months ago. Seemed slightly odd.

Have a good day.

So just for clarification: the only thing that makes sense to you is if people discuss your entire 10 thoughts and all the buy/sell questions, correct? Addressing any single thought, or any single buy/sell question is odd if it's old?

You also seem to be missing the larger point. I commented about THIS article, where you mentioned SG, and in the remarks I pointed out how you changed your tune. I only posted the specific comments because instead of responding like a person who wasn't insecure about it and saying something to the tune of "yea that was a miss he's definitely still learning", you came back with a condescending remark about how you were misrepresented. Which you weren't. But this whole act is typical from you when I was never even trying to call you out, so now you went from being misrepresented to it being odd that someone would bring up something old and a tiny piece of the article. you've done this long enough to know the whole 10 thoughts is all really individual thoughts about lots of things condensed into one article. But now comments from readers need to address your entire thoughts to have merit.

Reactions: danhorn
I think Charlie is going to turn things around let's all hope I am right & let's hope we beat West Virginia this weekend 6 wins in a row Bowl Included would really put some MO in our Offseason & Recruiting.
I'm with you on winning out and a great recruiting class. I'll be there Saturday and the day after Thanksgiving, hoping what I see is a young team that is well coached and that has obviously turned the corner, and I'll know CS will be back. Then I'll hope for an outstanding new DC and errrrbody. If what I see is a floundering team with a terrible defense and WTH? coaching decisions I'll start hoping for an outstanding new HC and errrrbody.

I'm with you on winning out and a great recruiting class. I'll be there Saturday and the day after Thanksgiving, hoping what I see is a young team that is well coached and that has obviously turned the corner, and I'll know CS will be back. Then I'll hope for an outstanding new DC and errrrbody. If what I see is a floundering team with a terrible defense and WTH? coaching decisions I'll start hoping for an outstanding new HC and errrrbody.
Yes sir I understand your view Strong must keep the wins coming team must continue to perform.

So just for clarification: the only thing that makes sense to you is if people discuss your entire 10 thoughts and all the buy/sell questions, correct? Addressing any single thought, or any single buy/sell question is odd if it's old?

You also seem to be missing the larger point. I commented about THIS article, where you mentioned SG, and in the remarks I pointed out how you changed your tune. I only posted the specific comments because instead of responding like a person who wasn't insecure about it and saying something to the tune of "yea that was a miss he's definitely still learning", you came back with a condescending remark about how you were misrepresented. Which you weren't. But this whole act is typical from you when I was never even trying to call you out, so now you went from being misrepresented to it being odd that someone would bring up something old and a tiny piece of the article. you've done this long enough to know the whole 10 thoughts is all really individual thoughts about lots of things condensed into one article. But now comments from readers need to address your entire thoughts to have merit.
ok

If they finish 6-6 charlie has to be gone. I mean there is no way you can bring the guy back losing 2 out of the next 3 including both home games and spin this season as anything but a pile of shit. I seriously doubt that would even be 50-50

Last years Longhorn Class under Strong was arguably in the Top 7 or 8 in the Nation & his First Class the year before was in the top 10 IMO opinion we should feel good about our Football Team right now because they hit bottom & now they are for the first time since 2009 becoming a TEAM again.
HookEM TEXAS WIN,LOSE,OR DRAW
You da man.

Reactions: Rocksprings
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT