ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Let's just keep it real about Bama...)

It's never over for Dana. He loves throwing names into fights.

Aldo was literally the No.3 match in the last PPV.

I just picked the wrong guy to hitch my wagon to!
I think Dana was glad to see him go. Also, Aldo has been competitive, Woodley wasn’t at the end. At all. He wouldn’t even throw punches in a boxing ring with large gloves against an amateur.

I think Dana was glad to see him go. Also, Aldo has been competitive, Woodley wasn’t at the end. At all. He wouldn’t even throw punches in a boxing ring with large gloves against an amateur.
I didn't anticipate him falling off of a flat ocean's edge in 5 seconds.I thought he could at least be competitive.

I didn't anticipate him falling off of a flat ocean's edge in 5 seconds.I thought he could at least be competitive.
Yeah it feels like he started quitting even when he was still scraping by. He just stopped engaging at some point and never started again. Just a guy who was DONE.

It also made for a good reason to go with my Top 10 Foo Fighters songs. I'm sure there will be no disagreeing.

10. Stacked Actors
9. Monkey Wrench
8. These Days
7. All My Life
6. Times Like These
5. Learn to Fly
4. Best of You
3. The Pretender
2. My Hero
1. Everlong

significant fail here.
top 3 song. Even acoustically.

Yup, was going to say that omitting Walk in ANY FF top 10 list is just fake news.

Original Music Video

Yup, was going to say that omitting Walk in ANY FF top 10 list is just fake news.

Original Music Video

k

I shut it down last night

to me a “breakout game” is an effort where someone clearly establishes a new level of play and breaks out from a prior. It’s like a stock. Hitting an all-time once doesn’t necessarily define a breakout unless it becomes a clearly established new level. If a stock shoots up from $85 to $100 on the back of an event only to soon fall right back soon to its previous then it didn’t “break out..”. But if it gets to $100 then gradually continues an established trend upward and establishing higher highs as well as higher lows then it’s “broken out.”
I think one should be able to clearly see that Irvin officially broke out starting with the Washington game. Honestly I think one has to be real stubborn to not see or acknowledge that. It was a HUGE effort in a game-changing win against a future HOFer CB. And it set the table for a huge close to both his and Dallas’ seasons. My educated guess is if you were in a room with Troy, Jimmy, Norv and Michael discussing the arc of Irvin’s career, the pretty will be talking about that Washington win MUCH more than the September Giants game as a “watershed” type game for Irvin. That doesn’t mean the Giants wasn’t “big” nor was his effort that game very good. It’s just not the same level.

Regarding Emmitt, he was consistently good his rookie season. He clearly established his level of excellence before Troy and Irvin despite being the last of the 3 drafted. I don’t really call a “breakout” game because, well, he was so damn consistent from the start. For me and probably just about every Cowboys fan, Emmitt’s most memorable game was the division clinching shoulder separation game in the Meadowlands in ‘93. Obviously though Emmitt was excellent well before then do it wouldn’t be a “break out” game. Hope those answer your questions. If not then okay. But it’s a new day and I’m moving on. Thank you

I shut it down last night

to me a “breakout game” is an effort where someone clearly establishes a new level of play and breaks out from a prior. It’s like a stock. Hitting an all-time once doesn’t necessarily define a breakout unless it becomes a clearly established new level. If a stock shoots up from $85 to $100 on the back of an event only to soon fall right back soon to its previous then it didn’t “break out..”. But if it gets to $100 then gradually continues an established trend upward and establishing higher highs as well as higher lows then it’s “broken out.”
I think one should be able to clearly see that Irvin officially broke out starting with the Washington game. Honestly I think one has to be real stubborn to not see or acknowledge that. It was a HUGE effort in a game-changing win against a future HOFer CB. And it set the table for a huge close to both his and Dallas’ seasons. My educated guess is if you were in a room with Troy, Jimmy, Norv and Michael discussing the arc of Irvin’s career, the pretty will be talking about that Washington win MUCH more than the September Giants game as a “watershed” type game for Irvin. That doesn’t mean the Giants wasn’t “big” nor was his effort that game very good. It’s just not the same level.

Regarding Emmitt, he was consistently good his rookie season. He clearly established his level of excellence before Troy and Irvin despite being the last of the 3 drafted. I don’t really call a “breakout” game because, well, he was so damn consistent from the start. For me and probably just about every Cowboys fan, Emmitt’s most memorable game was the division clinching shoulder separation game in the Meadowlands in ‘93. Obviously though Emmitt was excellent well before then do it wouldn’t be a “break out” game. Hope those answer your questions. If not then okay. But it’s a new day and I’m moving on. Thank you
So, you don't have a "breakout game" for Emmitt?

What about Troy?

So, you don't have a "breakout game" for Emmitt?

What about Troy?

1. No

2. nothing specific. I imagine 1991 is a decent guess since that is the year when things started coming together and he made his first pro bowl.

To be proactive I also don’t recall a specific breakout game for Moose. Nor Novacek.

1. In my mind, Emmitt's was probably his second 100-yard game against Washington on national TV when he rushed for a season high 132 yards and two touchdowns in a 27-17 game.

2. For Troy, his performance in a loss to Phoenix always felt like the moment when I knew he was going to be the guy. Looking back, his stats were 21 of 40 for 379 yards, two touchdowns and two picks, but he threw a 65-yard touchdown pass to Jamie Dixon as he was being knocked out on the play. Should have been a game-winner, but the defense couldn't hold.

If not that game, you might have to go into the 1991 season and point out the Giants game we've discussed when you consider that the 118 game rating was the best in his first three seasons with the club.

I think he has more upside than you do. But, they might very well lose 4 games.
How is A&M deserving of a top 10 ranking? I’m trying my best to look at it as a non-A&M hater.

- 8 months ago they finished unranked, at 8-4

- they lost several coaches on the one side of the ball they were really good at

- they only return 11 starters, lost several key starters to the NFL

- they’re unproven at QB

Every other team ranked near them in the preseason won 10+ games last year. I don’t know why they’re receiving so much benefit of the doubt?

How is A&M deserving of a top 10 ranking? I’m trying my best to look at it as a non-A&M hater.

- 8 months ago they finished unranked, at 8-4

- they lost several coaches on the one side of the ball they were really good at

- they only return 11 starters, lost several key starters to the NFL

- they’re unproven at QB

Every other team ranked near them in the preseason won 10+ games last year. I don’t know why they’re receiving so much benefit of the doubt?

I thought they physically looked the part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT