ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Malik's Pros and Cons List)

1.) It's a Wonderful Life and Love Actually are definitely tops on the list. That dance scene with Hugh Grant cracks me up every time.

2.) It was nice of you not to point out what a complete blithering idiot I was being last week when I mixed Butch Jones up with Butch Davis. I think my friends have just been having fun just watching me keep making that mistake over the last several years. Can't say that I blame them.
blackeye.r191677.gif

Originally posted by jsg1554:
Still confident in Strong's ability to get us back to the promise land even if we land the class that you are projecting. Follow up this year with a great class next year with some of the RS Fresh Soph. players playing a role in a better season next year with more development from Strong and Moorer. After talking to Cameron Townsend and his dad some at the Lombardi Awards Ceremony, both are huge fans of Strong and Townsend is excited to get working with Moorer to develop into the Will backer role. These guys know what they are doing and will be churning out top talent.

Watched It's a Wonderful Life last night, still a little misty eyed. Just a terrific movie. Clarence Odbody is the man.
Thanks for the note on Townsend. Always nice to get first hand info instead of internet rumors.

They had a long debate on Mike and Mike this morning whether or not Die Hard was actually a Christmas movie. Since it was released in the month of July and because it had so much killing in it, it was pretty much axed from the Christmas movie list.

Originally posted by 86Horn:
Originally posted by Ketchum:
86Horn, how much time do you think I spent considering A&M's place in history? My goodness, it's one line in a huge article with a ton of other points surrounding it, and your quibble does little to change the over point being made.
You attempt to minimize a legitiate criticism by denigrating it as "quibbling." This is like referring to the original cristicsm as "splitting hairs." No one is critiquieng your spelling, for crissake.

The criticism is not about something inconsequemtial,it goes ot the heart of making such a statement. If you are going to say A&M is a top 20 all-time program,you should be prepared to support it with something more than one site's listing of win totals, IMO.

Sorry if it offended you, I just did not think calling the criticism "splittig hairs" a fair resposne to what I viewed as a legitimate critique. I owld think a jouranlist would need to have a bit thicker skin and a wilingness to acknowlegde legitimate criticism of the opinions he publishes.
easily the silliest thing that folks have griped about all year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT