ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (No clutching your pearls, Nick)

Top 10 in NBA history is quite rarified air. Maybe Jokic earns that one day, but he’s got a long way to go even if he gets a ring this year.

In some order, it’s probably these 10, and it’s going to take a lot to unseat any of them.

MJ
Wilt
Russell
Lebron
Magic
Bird
Kobe
Shaq
Duncan
Kareem
For me - Wilt would be first on the block and that’s saying something to replace him on that list. Rarified air indeed.

You think the Lacey commit is a set up to force Bama to pay up and give the man his props to come to Bama?
Was my first reaction to this commitment.

How did The US win the Cold War? Force the Soviets to spend more than they could and it eventually imploded.

Reactions: McGuapo
@Ketchum if the thought is that an AD should always have a list of replacements for coaches, who might be on the Presidents list to replace the AD should he leave?

Love this

“Texas Tech was not mentioned by Nick Saben for a reason.”

Miley should never appear in public with real superstars..so embarrassing

@

In that case, what QB signs with Texas?
Good question. Ketch mentioned Jenkins from Beaumont, but do we alienate him by offering Lacey? Obvious worst case is we lose both, but of course I don't know much about either, nor the likelihood that Jenkins would commit. Not my place to question Sark. Just curious.

No. His time is coming to an end.
Have to disagree, Ketch. I believe Saban just loves what he’s doing too much to walk away if he is healthy enough to keep it going. He is absolutely one of the most driven people I have ever seen. High energy, driven people don’t just stop what they’re doing.

Flowers is recency bias. It's good, but is not number one. I can't believe that.we have to have this conversation.
It's not only No.1, it's easily No.1.

It's the biggest song of her career.

Reactions: dkrtms
He certainly appears to be trending that way. The most likely scenario is he wins the title and Finals MVP this year.

He is 28 years old and most NBA players hit their peak between ages 27-30, so he should have at least two more peak years in him to win more hardware before he begins to decline. The title and Finals MVP this year ties him in career hardware with Giannis.

The Heat did win tonight though, and Jokic's resume would take a small hit if he fails to close out this series against an 8 seed who has nobody to guard him.
agreed

You think the Lacey commit is a set up to force Bama to pay up and give the man his props to come to Bama?
I think they'll recruit him like a mega-star in-state 5-starish quarterback instead of someone who is lucky to have their attention.

Reactions: McGuapo
@Ketchum if the thought is that an AD should always have a list of replacements for coaches, who might be on the Presidents list to replace the AD should he leave?
I doubt there's a list. but I think they'd hire a yes man to some degree.

Miley should never appear in public with real superstars..so embarrassing

sesame street k GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19
Have to disagree, Ketch. I believe Saban just loves what he’s doing too much to walk away if he is healthy enough to keep it going. He is absolutely one of the most driven people I have ever seen. High energy, driven people don’t just stop what they’re doing.

All good things come to an end.

Reactions: famous shoes
You almost think that's too much going in their way. They need adversity to be their best.
Exactly. Pierce coaches better this way. He is not a front- runner. Not his style. Maybe that's why he frustrates the TX fanbase.

Yet on this day, this particular assistant coach was in Austin to scout a few players in person, eat the kind of Mexican food that you can't find in a basketball state and gossip about the cheating being committed in football recruiting by other schools.

I would suggest Guero’s is exactly the type of “Tex-mex” you find in basketball states.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT