ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (No excuses, time to whip OU)

Nice extrapolation. Dr. Ketch with a stroke of a keyboard.
Dr. Ketch doesn't need to go to school for a degree to understand that no one with a brain injury should be playing football within 7 days of the brain injury.

Reactions: DKinnamon
Interesting topic for a K&A sometime? I like more rotation than Sark and less than Tom. I'm also pretty big on run the regular offense and defense with the replacements in an NFL preseason manner. You still try to score you still try to stop not just bend not break but you're doing it to build legit depth.
I like rotation if you are rotating in good players.

Reactions: DKinnamon
Dr. Ketch doesn't need to go to school for a degree to understand that no one with a brain injury should be playing football within 7 days of the brain injury.
Exactly. Did we need a doctor to tell us that Tua shouldn’t play four days after he fell down trying to walk back to the huddle after smacking his head off the turf?

it’s one thing to put a guy back on the field after an alleged injury to a joint or extremity that we clearly can’t understand the severity of from the outside and risk further injury to something that won’t necessarily affect his ability to function as a human in life. We just kind of have to take their word for it because we don’t have any evidence. An injury like Tua’s we all watched and could see all the evidence we need of a brain injury and we all know four days or even a week isn’t enough. No doctor necessary.

Exactly. Did we need a doctor to tell us that Tua shouldn’t play four days after he fell down trying to walk back to the huddle after smacking his head off the turf?

it’s one thing to put a guy back on the field after an alleged injury to a joint or extremity that we clearly can’t understand the severity of from the outside and risk further injury to something that won’t necessarily affect his ability to function as a human in life. We just kind of have to take their word for it because we don’t have any evidence. An injury like Tua’s we all watched and could see all the evidence we need of a brain injury and we all know four days or even a week isn’t enough. No doctor necessary.

It's amazing the twists that some people will pull off in the name of common sense as it relates to brain trauma.

BUT, BUT, BUT... YOU'RE NOT A DOCTOR!

I think some of you are underestimating OU and how they will show up for the RRS. Hope I’m wrong and we blow them out

I like rotation if you are rotating in good players.
That we agree on. Sometimes you need reps to find out who those players are. Would still go back to you run up the score when possible so you have a chance to play a larger rotation in 2nd half with same schemes as what for you the lead to begin with. My biggest criticism of Sark is him going to a more conservative offense in 2nd half when up by 10 or more. That number probably needs ro be 21 or more and the less conservative is he brings in backups not that he turtles.

Reactions: horns--21
I think some of you are underestimating OU and how they will show up for the RRS. Hope I’m wrong and we blow them out
I think I would think that if they were absolutely decimated with injuries.

That's not what I saw. A saw a player with a non-practice jersey on that wasn't practicing. He's in the protocol right now and can't practice.

Honestly IMO it really does not matter if he plays or not. this is a game Texas should win by two touchdowns.

Reactions: horns--21
Not only is this going to be a very difficult game, it’s now a must win. We currently are living in a world where KU makes the championship game and we watch on tv. If anyone thinks this is a long shot, just close your eyes and think of the last decade. We could get stomped this weekend.

Not only is this going to be a very difficult game, it’s now a must win. We currently are living in a world where KU makes the championship game and we watch on tv. If anyone thinks this is a long shot, just close your eyes and think of the last decade. We could get stomped this weekend.
100-percent a must game. Season-ender for the losing team,.

All of your recruiting stats back it up. LUS is a perfect example of a mediocre coach winning it all with Burrow at QB and NFL talent stacked at every position. Tony Buzbee can buy Jalon Daniels at 1% of the cost of buying out Jimbo and mystery coach #2.
Difference is Coach O had Aranda coaching the D and allowed Joe Brady to open up the offense and FINALLY unleash those talented skill players. Jimbo is the problem in CS and he isn't going anywhere.

Difference is Coach O had Aranda coaching the D and allowed Joe Brady to open up the offense and FINALLY unleash those talented skill players. Jimbo is the problem in CS and he isn't going anywhere.
The question is whether he'll hit a stage where he lets someone take control.

The way you have dogged Okie this week I am surprised you feel Bijan getting 150 is not realistic.
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

No, but no OU team in the last 20+ years has been more ripe to be beaten.
Indeed, the last OU team this bad was coached by John Blake (RIP). In fairness, it should be mentioned that Blake could recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT