ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (OU just doesn't matter as much any more...)

Not semantics.

Words matter.
In my profession, I fully and wholeheartedly agree with you. And 14 pages in and thousands? of words later, the vast majority of the responses demonstrate you have yet to persuade or make even a colorable argument to support your original contention.

So might the UGA game.
Ya but the UGA game has much larger standings implications. You win that, you’re number 1. UGA is also at the top of the mountain. Aggy is in the foothills.

In my profession, I fully and wholeheartedly agree with you. And 14 pages in and thousands? of words later, the vast majority of the responses demonstrate you have yet to persuade or make even a colorable argument to support your original contention.

sesame street k GIF

Ya but the UGA game has much larger standings implications. You win that, you’re number 1. UGA is also at the top of the mountain. Aggy is in the foothills.
The two games are different things.

Apples to bananas.

Probably a poorly worded Buy/Sell. It think this is a ‘high beta’ situation. Although, I’m very optimistic that the defense can be a huge part of the success, it lacks the depth that Sark loves on the offensive side of the ball. How might just one key injury (to Ant Hill, Manny M or Collins) impact a defense that has shown to be unproven on the back end, replacing 1st rounder and Outland winner at DT and thin at key positions?

I could see an injury or two combined with lack of progress in the defensive backfield being a real issue. I don’t expect it. I just think this will be a really interesting year. I think this defense can be fantastic. Can’t wait to see the increased speed on the edge!
I could not agree more. I'm not as worried about an injury to Hill or any of the DBs as finding defensive tackles who can shore up the middle and a Mike LB who can fill the gaps like Ford. Whatever position we call Hill, he will move around and run to the ball and not run stuff like Ford. I'm excited about the edge guys and young DBs too. We just have to get off the field on 3rd and 2.

I'm not as worried about an injury to Hill or any of the DBs as finding defensive tackles who can shore up the middle and a Mike LB who can fill the gaps like Ford.
Not happening, I'm afraid.

It is pretty clearly the case. Just an NFL rivalry now. Am I happy when the Cowboys beat the Eagles? Hell yeah. Do I get a little more up for the game then most others? Yup, sure do. At the end of the day though if the Cowboys lost both games to Philly and made the playoffs, advanced a few games, or won the Super Bowl I wouldn't really think to much about it.

Of course if we lost both games and didn't make the playoffs then yeah suddenly I am thinking about Philly a whole lot. Although this kind of just drives the point home to me further with this type of thought. Making the playoffs is what its about now. Once you are there its winning one, two, how many ever and a natty is what matters and they aren't the most important check mark to get there. It still matters, has history, and all that.. but no way in hell its as important.

Reactions: Ketchum
It is pretty clearly the case. Just an NFL rivalry now. Am I happy when the Cowboys beat the Eagles? Hell yeah. Do I get a little more up for the game then most others? Yup, sure do. At the end of the day though if the Cowboys lost both games to Philly and made the playoffs, advanced a few games, or won the Super Bowl I wouldn't really think to much about it.

Of course if we lost both games and didn't make the playoffs then yeah suddenly I am thinking about Philly a whole lot. Although this kind of just drives the point home to me further with this type of thought. Making the playoffs is what its about now. Once you are there its winning one, two, how many ever and a natty is what matters and they aren't the most important check mark to get there. It still matters, has history, and all that.. but no way in hell its as important.
You can make a case there shouldn't even be divisions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT