ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Sark Might Just Be Mack 2.0)

This “10” was an outstanding production, thanks Cool Daddy.

Regarding Coach Beard, consider that all hominids argue. From chimps to humans, we all argue. Did you know there’s chimpanzee murder?

Before anyone deigns to prescribe on some bulletin board what Coach Beard “should have done”, I assure you Coach Beard has already figured out what he “should have done”. What we need to focus on is what will we do because our time is coming, and, indeed, coming again. And again. Such is hominid existence.

As I understand the fact pattern - she made the first offensive, if not “painful”, physical contact by knocking his glasses from his face. Hence, there is a possible successfully presented self-defense trial. The weakness is temporal attenuation and alleged overreaction - choking (which is the felony component).

But so what? What if the trial results in “not guilty”? Or, highly likely, what if the charge is eventually dismissed?

Is Coach Beard nonetheless “ruined” from a college coaching career, or, at least ruined from a college coaching career at the University of Texas?

And the sad thing? The sad thing is I also believe the female had no clue that her call to police would result in a big-time, career killing felony on her boyfriend (even if the relationship was in failure mode). While Coach Beard now realizes the multitude of options available to him to extricate himself from the situation, I also believe, based upon her most recent statement, that she, too, was so white-hot angry that she escalated the unhappy situation. Alcohol, no doubt, exercised a heavy hand in the incident as well.

At any rate, right now the lady is the defense’s best friend. I’m sure the defense has turned her loose on the prosecution (or soon will).

Trial will never happen. The milieu will end in dismissal - in more ways than one.
a cooldaddy reference. don't see that often!

Using rivals rankings as an example, super blue chips are the ones rated 6.1 and 6.0 (5* and the highest rated 4*s), which is roughly the top 65 (2 rounds of the NFL draft is 64).

Blue chips are the 4*who are rated 5.9 and 5.8, which is basically the 65th - to wherever 4*s stop.

Someone came up with the blue chip ratio, where it is claimed that if 50% of your roster are 4* and above, you should be competing for championships (I think there are about 10 teams in this group, including Texas). In this metric, the gap between Bama, UGA, Ohio St and the rest isn't that pronounced.

Ketch has posited the super blue chip ratio, which shows these three are in a tier(s) above the rest of college football, and a more precise way of determining who are the true contenders for the national championship. aggy might have even joined this tier after last year's class.

I think Bama and uga each have more super blue chips than the entire big 12 has in total, including ou and Texas.
Thank you!

His coaches don't feel that way, especially Sark and Marion.
We’ll just bump this one. You can read the rest of our exchange, as your memory seems short. Honestly, i should probably run this site.

Best thing to come out of last night is perhaps Worthy will be taken down several notches and realize he needs to work harder and be a better teammate.

Sanders clearly had enough of him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT