ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Sark Might Just Be Mack 2.0)

B/S
Deandre Moore is the better take over Jalen Hale

(Sell) I think it's a push. You can make a case that his skill set might make him a better fit, but if forced to choose, I'd probably take Hale.
Saw that Hale runs 10.84 in 100 meters. Saw an article a while back that ranked the top 10 receivers in high school. Of the top 10, Hale was the slowest of the group. A 10.84 is not bad, but not that elite in the college ranks. Moore brings speed, and more speed, so I'm happy with taking him. Sark likes speed.

(Sell) I think it's a push. You can make a case that his skill set might make him a better fit, but if forced to choose, I'd probably take Hale.
Saw that Hale runs 10.84 in 100 meters. Saw an article a while back that ranked the top 10 receivers in high school. Of the top 10, Hale was the slowest of the group. A 10.84 is not bad, but not that elite in the college ranks. Moore brings speed, and more speed, so I'm happy with taking him. Sark likes speed.
Moore's best clocked time that I've seen is 10.9, but he looks faster than that.

Can someone explain it to me like I’m five years old?
1. What is a Blue chip player?
2. What is a Super blue chip player?
Using rivals rankings as an example, super blue chips are the ones rated 6.1 and 6.0 (5* and the highest rated 4*s), which is roughly the top 65 (2 rounds of the NFL draft is 64).

Blue chips are the 4*who are rated 5.9 and 5.8, which is basically the 65th - to wherever 4*s stop.

Someone came up with the blue chip ratio, where it is claimed that if 50% of your roster are 4* and above, you should be competing for championships (I think there are about 10 teams in this group, including Texas). In this metric, the gap between Bama, UGA, Ohio St and the rest isn't that pronounced.

Ketch has posited the super blue chip ratio, which shows these three are in a tier(s) above the rest of college football, and a more precise way of determining who are the true contenders for the national championship. aggy might have even joined this tier after last year's class.

I think Bama and uga each have more super blue chips than the entire big 12 has in total, including ou and Texas.

Using rivals rankings as an example, super blue chips are the ones rated 6.1 and 6.0 (5* and the highest rated 4*s), which is roughly the top 65 (2 rounds of the NFL draft is 64).

Blue chips are the 4*who are rated 5.9 and 5.8, which is basically the 65th - to wherever 4*s stop.

Someone came up with the blue chip ratio, where it is claimed that if 50% of your roster are 4* and above, you should be competing for championships (I think there are about 10 teams in this group, including Texas). In this metric, the gap between Bama, UGA, Ohio St and the rest isn't that pronounced.

Ketch has posited the super blue chip ratio, which shows these three are in a tier(s) above the rest of college football, and a more precise way of determining who are the true contenders for the national championship. aggy might have even joined this tier after last year's class.

I think Bama and uga each have more super blue chips than the entire big 12 has in total, including ou and Texas.
1672246341298.png

Reactions: Ben Chode
Saban wasn't a massive failure (outside of his departure). He went 9-7 in the first season and then 6-10 in year two. Miami didn't want him to leave.
I guess the word for his NFL tenure would be mediocre. None-the-less, he was smart enough to realize that he would never be able to build the type of talent advantage in the NFL that he could on the college level.

Reactions: Touchstone
I guess the word for his NFL tenure would be mediocre. None-the-less, he was smart enough to realize that he would never be able to build the type of talent advantage in the NFL that he could on the college level.
sexy happy days GIF

Very fair answers. Call me what you want. I’ve seen Ewers since he was a sophomore in HS and nothing has changed my opinion. He made throws this year that we haven’t seen a UT QB make since Colt. So much of his “bad” play this year was explainable if you were watching with open eyes.

The kid has it. I’m expecting him to show out Thursday and carry it into spring.

That’s what taking a stand looks like, btw.
I'm still on the Ewers train.

But his play after he came back from injury was some of the worst I've seen from a starting qb at Texas.

He was just off. Hope he gets it fixed, whatever it is.

@Ketchum, basically you're saying there is 0 chance Ewers is at Texas in 24. I can't say I agree with that. There are three plausible scenarios for 24

1) Ewers leaves early, Arch in 24
2) Ewers stays and starts in 24
3) Ewers transfers out, Arch in 24

I don't think Ewers stays in 24 if he isn't named the starter after spring, at the latest.

Is there a level of success that exists that keeps Ewers at Texas, and keeps Arch on the bench in 24? Barring injury.

Will Ewers leave if he thinks he'll be drafted in rounds 5-7? Or would he stay to kick off a potential Heisman, national championship, and maiden sec voyage in 24? And then you have Mays and Williams in next year's draft class that could push him down draft boards.

I think there are too many variables to say anything with certainty, unless you think Sark has flat out gauranteed Arch the job in 24?

@Ketchum, basically you're saying there is 0 chance Ewers is at Texas in 24. I can't say I agree with that. There are three plausible scenarios for 24

Here's where I stand....

Ewers plays really well and goes to the NFL

or

He doesn't play well enough and he loses the job.

I suppose there's a middle ground somewhere, but all middle grounds point to Arch.

You know what control
You know what control is?

Not using violence. Walking away from the situation. Defusing it without making it worse.
You know what control is?

Not using violence. Walking away from the situation. Defusing it without making it worse.
Did you grow up in a single parent home because your responses sure seem that you never saw control arguments or parents in a divorce situation where the power play isn’t always from a man.
If so that explains your skewed perspective and your false opinion that it’s always on the man.

Is there a link to his ex making that statement? If not, where did you get that info? Beard chose the crazy woman. He didn't have to. Their fights tend to get a little rough sometimes. He is guilty of poor judgment and not living above reproach.
Passion, insecurity or jealousy is a dangerous tool in an edgy woman’s arsenal.
I believe he exercised an extreme amount of self control and maybe you do not but he has to get out the door to move away from the conflict as quickly as possible and to defuse an unreasonable situation. Sometimes you have to go thru an aggressor to get out of the door to create space for tempers to settle down.
He did. She pressed the nuclear button.
I don’t believe Beard abused his fiancé but I believe she went in his room looking to start or finish a conflict.

Reactions: gruene
Did you grow up in a single parent home because your responses sure seem that you never saw control arguments or parents in a divorce situation where the power play isn’t always from a man.
If so that explains your skewed perspective and your false opinion that it’s always on the man.

I did grow up in a single parent household. Grew up around a lot of divorces.

The bottom line is that my ethos as a man are iron-clad on it never being ok to get physical with a woman, barring some sort of life-in-danger situation.

You walk away. You don't get violent. I've been with my wife for 17 years and it's never been remotely close to being an issue and she drives me crazy on the regular.

I am never ok with my kids watching my wife and I argue.

Is the problem that is that our ethos are different and you believe the reason for that is that you are following what you watched as a child in your household?

If so, I would stress that being the chain-breaker in this thing that has been passed down through at least one generation is incredibly healthy.

Reactions: Horn19 and Perdy
Passion, insecurity or jealousy is a dangerous tool in an edgy woman’s arsenal.
I believe he exercised an extreme amount of self control and maybe you do not but he has to get out the door to move away from the conflict as quickly as possible and to defuse an unreasonable situation. Sometimes you have to go thru an aggressor To get out of the door to create space for tempers to settle down.
what are the dangerous tools in an edgy man's arsenal?

I did grow up in a single parent household. Grew up around a lot of divorces.

The bottom line is that my ethos as a man are iron-clad on it never being ok to get physical with a woman, barring some sort of life-in-danger situation.

You walk away. You don't get violent. I've been with my wife for 17 years and it's never been remotely close to being an issue and she drives me crazy on the regular.

I am never ok with my kids watching my wife and I argue.

Is the problem that is that our ethos are different and you believe the reason for that is that you are following what you watched as a child in your household?

If so, I would stress that being the chain-breaker in this thing that has been passed down through at least one generation is incredibly healthy.
You grew up with a mom and want her to always be protected I can completely understand where your perspective comes from but in a 2 parent household there are always some turf battles that have to be settled hopefully in a positive way not with loud or physical confrontations or disrespectful arguing.
It takes 2 mature people to disagree respectfully.
Never saw my parents ever be physical. But I have seen plenty of others after becoming an adult and most of those were crazy situations.

I agree that a man should never ever get physical with a woman

I also believe that we have a huge cultural issue that allows women to get physical with a man with very little consequence

That there’s even still a saying that says a man should never get physical is 100 percent proof of this - because it should say PERSON

You grew up with a mom and want her to always be protected I can completely understand where your perspective comes from but in a 2 parent household there are always some turf battles that have to be settled hopefully in a positive way not with loud or physical confrontations or disrespectful arguing.
It takes 2 mature people to disagree respectfully.
Never saw my parents ever be physical. But I have seen plenty of others after becoming an adult and most of those were crazy situations.
You didn't answer the question.

I also believe that we have a huge cultural issue that allows women to get physical with a man with very little consequence

Quote me a post from any person that says this is ok.

what are the dangerous tools in an edgy man's arsenal?
The mental triggers on women can very different in their responses,some want a physical confrontation some would like to just tear you down with their tongues In some arguments.
As I whispered to my son in law while we were alone on the day he married my daughter that if he ever laid hands on my daughter “wild horses wouldn’t drag me off his ass.”
If she wants to get physical to leave and to call me and I will handle her so it won’t happen again. And I don’t hit women either.
I agree a man has to get away and leave but it sure sounds as if Beards GF wasn’t in an agreeable mood.

The mental triggers on women can very different in their responses,some want a physical confrontation some would like to just tear you down with their tongues In some arguments.
As I whispered to my son in law while we were alone on the day he married my daughter that if he ever laid hands on my daughter “wild horses wouldn’t drag me off his ass.”
If she wants to get physical to leave and to call me and I will handle her so it won’t happen again. And I don’t hit women either.
I agree a man has to get away and leave but it sure sounds as if Beards GF wasn’t in an agreeable mood.
Basically, it was HER fault...

Basically, it was HER fault...
No basically your saying it is always the man’s fault.
And you are completely wrong because I have seen the baddest of assed men take abuse from women they loved while no man could ever show that level of disrespect in any way and expect to be left standing.
A woman wanted me to call the police and say he hit her while she slapped and pinched him and he pushed her off him as he buckled their 2 year old in his safety seat so he didn’t drop the child and drove away for ten minutes …when he came back she screamed that she slept with the neighbor last night and would sucking his …. tonight. She continued to tell me to call the police because I saw him push her, I said I saw her slapping him and he just pushed her off him to get away but if he hit her it wasn’t hard enough and to get the f… out of my business.
Short story He is 6’4 260lb of muscle and she was 90Lbs of hellfire but she was the type to start and abuse him.She was a biter too. They worked it out and are together for more than 30 years. She did get medication for her raging temper.
I can tell you many other stories

Last edited:
Quote me a post from any person that says this is ok.

You know I agree with you or I hope you do about the beard situation - given what we see I am 99.99999 percent of the belief he should be fired immediately

I am very against the saying - a man should never lay his hands on a woman - that’s what I’m saying here

Yes, if he can't put together some self-control, it's his fault. It's his responsibility.
You were raised by a mom so I understand your perspective.
But you can’t be certain he didn’t Exercise tremendous self control and I whole heartedly believe he did.
And I say let the facts determine what Beards fate is,not the accusation.
If Beard had beat her the cops wouldn’t have to ask her because it would have been obvious.
I have been called to more residential fights arguments and killings in my town than you can count where the police came and asked me to help defuse a violent situation when multiple family members are scrapping and there is a language barrier or I am familiar with the residents.
And it can be very complicated.

That's pretty insane at this point to suggest.
Its insane to say it’s always the man’s fault.
‘And I say let the facts determine Beards fate not convict him on a police report.
I saw a pregnant woman be charged with a hit and run and it’s on the front page of the paper when in reality a police officer parked his motorcycle right behind her suburban when she came outside and got inside she backed up less than 3 feet and felt something strange when Mc cop came outside he threw a fit and she got arrested they call a wrecker to get motorcycle engine guard off trailer hitch as wrecker driver is trying to decide how to lift it…I walk up pull the ladies suburban up 2‘ stand the bike up and tell the officer what a dumbass thing to do by parking there and arresting the woman and next day read an incredibly harrowing article in paper about how the officer was ok after being run over.
Don’t always believe the media account of certain events.

Last edited:
Its insane to say it’s always the man’s fault.
‘And I say let the facts determine Beards fate not convict him on a police report.
I saw a pregnant woman be charged with a hit and run and it’s on the front page of the paper when in reality a police officer parked his motorcycle right behind her suburban when she came outside and got inside she backed up less than 3 feet and felt something strange when Mc cop came outside he threw a fit and she got arrested they call a wrecker to get motorcycle engine guard off trailer hitch as wrecker driver is trying to decide how to lift it…I walk up pull the ladies suburban up 2‘ stand the bike up and tell the officer what a dumbass thing to do by parking there and arresting the woman and next day read an incredibly harrowing article in paper about how the officer was ok after being run over.
Don’t always believe the media account of certain events.
ain't no coming from that ridiculous comment. we're good. didn't bother reading whatever came next.

Reactions: TexasRads
This “10” was an outstanding production, thanks Cool Daddy.

Regarding Coach Beard, consider that all hominids argue. From chimps to humans, we all argue. Did you know there’s chimpanzee murder?

Before anyone deigns to prescribe on some bulletin board what Coach Beard “should have done”, I assure you Coach Beard has already figured out what he “should have done”. What we need to focus on is what will we do because our time is coming, and, indeed, coming again. And again. Such is hominid existence.

As I understand the fact pattern - she made the first offensive, if not “painful”, physical contact by knocking his glasses from his face. Hence, there is a possible successfully presented self-defense trial. The weakness is temporal attenuation and alleged overreaction - choking (which is the felony component).

But so what? What if the trial results in “not guilty”? Or, highly likely, what if the charge is eventually dismissed?

Is Coach Beard nonetheless “ruined” from a college coaching career, or, at least ruined from a college coaching career at the University of Texas?

And the sad thing? The sad thing is I also believe the female had no clue that her call to police would result in a big-time, career killing felony on her boyfriend (even if the relationship was in failure mode). While Coach Beard now realizes the multitude of options available to him to extricate himself from the situation, I also believe, based upon her most recent statement, that she, too, was so white-hot angry that she escalated the unhappy situation. Alcohol, no doubt, exercised a heavy hand in the incident as well.

At any rate, right now the lady is the defense’s best friend. I’m sure the defense has turned her loose on the prosecution (or soon will).

Trial will never happen. The milieu will end in dismissal - in more ways than one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT