ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Sark Might Just Be Mack 2.0)

So you agree with me. It was @Iceman that said it. I corrected him and you seemingly tried to correct me. A bonus is exactly what it was. He left for NIL. Period. Other things, if they presented themselves, like the NFL were simply gravy.

f0e28725-8ad2-4990-ad0a-4f7e542568fb_text.gif

It’s 100% irrelevant. We are talking about Worthy. Why he played poorly this year. Why he entered the portal. That is the context that matters.

If you want to talk about Ewers - we weren’t - then we can talk about work habits.
They both need to play better. One way more so than the other.

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19 and Russhorn
They both need to play better. One way more so than the other.
I agree with that, but not because Worthy played well. It’s because the QB is more important. Worthy played really poorly this year. A lot of the blame that went to Ewers was squarely on Worthy. If he played up to his freshman season, Ewers season would have been much better and lots of this conversation would be different.

I agree with that, but not because Worthy played well. It’s because the QB is more important. Worthy played really poorly this year. A lot of the blame that went to Ewers was squarely on Worthy. If he played up to his freshman season, Ewers season would have been much better and lots of this conversation would be different.

The hardest thing to do at the highest levels of football as a receiver is to get open.

Worthy gets open ALL the time.

He hasn't had quarterbacks that consistently get him the ball. It's as simple as that.

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19 and msbbo421
I think more might be required.

The minimum wage in the NFL is $700,000.
He is getting that much plus his housing school and food. Plus he is in Texas so it saves on taxes from other states. He has a shot to go from a 5th -7th rd pick to a 2nd-4th rd pick that is a lot of money he can earn himself. The only down part is the school part but he is earning a degree from Texas also.

The hardest thing to do at the highest levels of football as a receiver is to get open.

He hasn't had quarterbacks that consistently get him the ball. It's as simple as that.
Agree with first point, but he dropped key passes this year that lost us games.

Also agree he hasn’t gotten the ball consistently and that likely led to his frustration last year (toyed with portal) and this year. But he needs to look inwards. He was not a leader this year. He was part of the problem.

I’ll say it again - because it is fact - he wouldn’t put in the extra work and refused to throw extra after practice when asked. Think about that for a second. You have somehow continued to gloss over that.

Reactions: Horn19
Agree with first point, but he dropped key passes this year that lost us games.

Also agree he hasn’t gotten the ball consistently and that likely led to his frustration last year (toyed with portal) and this year. But he needs to look inwards. He was not a leader this year. He was part of the problem.

I’ll say it again - because it is fact - he wouldn’t put in the extra work and refused to throw extra after practice when asked. Think about that for a second. You have somehow continued to gloss over that.
He needs to be better. Period. By whatever means are needed to get there. Working through his frustrations with Ewers, included.

Reactions: Horn19 and jshorn
I'd say it's even deeper than that. Ewers is between a rock & a hard place. He reclassified after his junior season in HS, so he could enter college a year early, b/c he was so convinced of his greatness, he wanted to start the clock on his NFL eligibility in order to get into the NFL a year earlier. So, he burned his redshirt season in what would've been his senior HS season. Then, after that redshirt year, he used his 1 free transfer to come to Texas. The thinking, of course, was that he'd play like a 1st round draft pick for two years, and after the 2023 season, head to the NFL. But, he bombed in his 1st season as a starter. The "rock" in this story is that Manning has all but been promised the starting job in 2024 if he comes in and checks all of the appropriate developmental boxes. That means Ewers has one season to turn himself into a high NFL draft pick or he's going to have to transfer. That's the "hard place" part of this story, b/c if he transfers again, he's going to have to sit out a season without a waiver (and waivers are VERY hard to get due to changes in the application process). That means if he doesn't perform like an elite QB next season, he'll have to transfer to a 3rd school and will have just 1 season left to turn himself into a quality draft pick.....all b/c he reclassified, enrolled early, then immediately transferred.

So....I'd like to think the largest fire in the universe is burning under his butt, b/c he realizes how royally he is screwed if he doesn't light it up next season!
100%…and there’s no way Sark is gonna risk losing Arch to the portal by keeping Ewers one more year in 2024…

Lots of inaccurate info here. Ewers reclassified for NIL. It was not to start the NFL clock early. That has become a common misconception that somehow became “fact.”

Ewers future is as bright as ever. If he continues to improve (this poster certainly thinks he will) he may head to NFL or be the starter for UT in ‘24. I’d say the latter is far more likely. I don’t see him turning pro after this year, unless he takes a massive jump.

It will all come down to who is better next year and in ‘24 between Arch and QE. Pretty nice problem for us if you ask me.
If there was "lots" of inaccurate info in there, you wouldn't have corrected one, trivial thing. ;)

It was reported in real time that Ewers was reclassifying in order to get the clock started. It was also reported in real time that his family wasn't rich & needed/wanted the money. No matter how you slice it, he's between a rock & a hard place. I'd go so far as to say there's a significantly greater likelihood Manning is the QB in 2023 than Ewers is the QB in 2024.

If there was "lots" of inaccurate info in there, you wouldn't have corrected one, trivial thing. ;)

It was reported in real time that Ewers was reclassifying in order to get the clock started. It was also reported in real time that his family wasn't rich & needed/wanted the money. No matter how you slice it, he's between a rock & a hard place. I'd go so far as to say there's a significantly greater likelihood Manning is the QB in 2023 than Ewers is the QB in 2024.
I corrected the NFL and your assumption that Arch is the hands down starter in ‘24. And “reported” by who? It was inaccurate of so.

There is a very low chance (10% or less) that Arch is named the starter going into ‘23. another swing and a miss.

I corrected the NFL and your assumption that Arch is the hands down starter in ‘24. And “reported” by who? It was inaccurate of so.

There is a very low chance (10% or less) that Arch is named the starter going into ‘23. another swing and a miss.
Every person I have spoken to in the program has said they believe Arch will be the starter in 2024.

I wrote a column about it.

Reactions: Russhorn

Naaah. Too premature. Let's see how '23 shakes out

While it’s a low chance that Arch starts in 2023, it’s even lower that Ewers starts in 2024…Sark isn’t gonna risk losing Arch…his career at TX depends on him…

While it’s a low chance that Arch starts in 2023, it’s even lower that Ewers starts in 2024…Sark isn’t gonna risk losing Arch…his career at TX depends on him…
It's one of the rubs that makes this upcoming season soooooo interesting.

Reactions: Eagle Fang
Good Jeff Buckley list Ketch. I'd put Satisfied Mind and Lilac Wine a little higher though. "Everybody here wants you" is my #1.

No. 7 - It's just icky, man ...

@Ketchum I’m going to say this . This situation is lame compared to all the “Rapes”at Baylor and nothing happened to those players or to that school. Unless the Beards woman is lying now, I see no issue here. Until Baylor is fully punished, I see no reason why Texas needs to commit suicide. Please keep in mind Baylor is the church school, not Texas - no saints here

That’s irrelevant to our conversation. Worthy was a malcontent the whole year. I knew it all along, I just didn’t want to say it because he is too valuable to the team. As I’ve said, players that matter thought he had poor work habits and didn’t seem to care.

Did he have a worse second year or not? It was borderline terrible compared to his freshman season.
I assume you have a connection to the Ewers. That's disappointing to hear about Worthy, but he definitely projected a "my **** don't stink" attitude all season long, which was the opposite of how I perceived him in 2021. Here's to hoping he changes that in 2023. He's going to be a lower draft pick (and lose a lot of money) if teams get wind of him being self-interested or a diva.

Reactions: jshorn
Good Jeff Buckley list Ketch. I'd put Satisfied Mind and Lilac Wine a little higher though. "Everybody here wants you" is my #1.
Spoken like someone that has had some good sex with it playing in the background. :)

No. 7 - It's just icky, man ...

@Ketchum I’m going to say this . This situation is lame compared to all the “Rapes”at Baylor and nothing happened to those players or to that school. Unless the Beards woman is lying now, I see no issue here. Until Baylor is fully punished, I see no reason why Texas needs to commit suicide. Please keep in mind Baylor is the church school, not Texas - no saints here
I don't know how to respond to these two false equivalences

Reactions: OleBraach
I assume you have a connection to the Ewers. That's disappointing to hear about Worthy, but he definitely projected a "my **** don't stink" attitude all season long, which was the opposite of how I perceived him in 2021. Here's to hoping he changes that in 2023. He's going to be a lower draft pick (and lose a lot of money) if teams get wind of him being self-interested or a diva.
I think his frustration just bubbled over. He's a young dude. That's part of what he needs to learn in college.

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19

You have a massive Ewers truther on your hands with Jshorn. He is a fan.

In my opinion it’s a timing and reps issues they solve next year. All this hand wringing over QE is stupid. Kid is a player and will improve if he works hard at it. That will include lots of extra time with his WRs. Nothing new there. X just needs to stay and work on getting better. They are both young players.

Reactions: Baguette
You have a massive Ewers truther on your hands with Jshorn. He is a fan.

In my opinion it’s a timing and reps issues they solve next year. All this hand wringing over QE is stupid. Kid is a player and will improve if he works hard at it. That will include lots of extra time with his WRs. Nothing new there. X just needs to stay and work on getting better. They are both young players.
He needs to work harder at his craft than he ever has before. It's as simple as that. The physical tools are there. Arch Manning lives and breathes the playbook and the chalkboard. The task for Ewers is going from below average in that category to on the level of Arch.

It'll either make him a man of steel or it could break him.

I think he's got NFL ability and will eventually figure it out.

Every person I have spoken to in the program has said they believe Arch will be the starter in 2024.

I wrote a column about it.

None of that makes it correct.

ADVERTISEMENT