ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Sark's prayers were answered)

I’m not trying to stir any pot. It was noticed and questioned asked.
But you said he had scrubbed his IG of Texas stuff, and he hasn’t. Sounds like pot-stirring to me!

So sorry you don’t want to talk about the Cowboys. However, I NEVER want to hear about the Cowboys. I’m sick of Longhorn fans who believe that all UT fans are Cowboy fans! This is a Longhorn board and we keep getting wat too much Cowboy talk on here and especially on the Podcasts. Please stop.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Reactions: mh48
tenor.gif
what did I do? You don't like Old Yeller?

Ketch great 10 thoughts. Sark is just killing it in everything recruiting high school kids transfers & coaching hires I expect a big time DL coaching hire soon.
As a lot of people have said the Bulls fans booing Krause with his widow having to deal with it was very sad I doubt they care but had to be just so awful for her. I read that the ESPN story Last Dance put him in such a bad light because Jordan disliked him
I have the dog from the last day in Hollywood as my number 1 but your list was very solid

Reactions: Ketchum
10. Winn-Dixie (Because of Winn-Dixie)
9. Fred (Smokey and the Bandit)
8. Brandy (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood)
7. Old Yeller (Old Yeller)
6. Brinkley (You've Got Mail)
5. Rin Tin Tin (The Man from Hell’s River )
4. Toto (The Wizard of Oz)
3. Lassie (Lassie Come Home)
2. Marley (Marley & Me)
1. Baxter (Anchorman)

If Old Yeller isn’t no.1 your list is invalid.

Reactions: tsw
Dak Prescott is not.
This. Also, Tony Romo was not it, either. I was a Cowboys fan back in the day before Jones unceremoniously fired Tom Landry. My fandom waned from that point on, even though I was low key happy to see them win with Aikman, et al. (Not so much when Switzer took over, considering my Orange blood.) Dak and Romo have elite level skills, but neither of them have/had the eye of the tiger. Sam Ehlinger, in my opinion, was only a plus player, but his level of eye of the tiger was beaucoup. If we were down by a few points at the end of the game, I had a pretty good feeling that Ehlinger could put the team on his back and will us to a win, especially in big time games. I feel/felt the exact opposite with both Dak and Romo, at least when the games truly mattered.

This coaching carrousel transfer portal period has been exciting to watch as Sark and Co., zero in on their targets and reel in some high quality talent. I'm looking forward to all of the Spring hype and seeing what 2024 can bring in our first year in the SEC. It would be awesome to keep the tradition - winning our last SWC title, our first Big 12 title, our last Big 12 title, our first SEC .... Lot of pie in the sky there with a Big Gulp of orange Koolaid, but I think our likelihood of pulling off that first Big 12 title against Nebraska was pretty farfetched too.

I hope not to have to eat my words, but, as I've said many times before, Arch isn't going anywhere. This scenario was totally in his and the Mannings' playbook. I agree with you that, until Ewers can string together a full, injury-free season, Arch is likely going to be starting at least one game next year and likely more than that. Who knows, it could be a Bledsoe to Brady type situation if Arch has cooked long enough by then. I keep thinking about that last floated pass to AD in the Sugar Bowl and the absolute rifle, clothes-line pass that Arch drilled incomplete to AD in the Tech game and wonder, what if ...? I know he wasn't ready, but still ...

Good stuff, @Ketch!

Reactions: Ketchum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT