ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Saying the quiet part out loud)

Common sense tells me that Texas administration really is not going to drive Texas football off a cliff and commit suicide by bringing Herman back.... But hell who knows....

2b709f036210c48aa44cc6fc4cb8f730.gif

Good work Ketch. Hopefully we make a change. Its going to be tough sledding on the recruiting front until we do. Christmas Vacation at #10, be better. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

With the right coach (and a good QB), we’re where we want to be fast enough. OU got lucky twice when coordinators with no head coaching experience ended up being good head coaches. That is very much against the odds. Texas is due some luck, if you ask me.

By the way, we don’t really know how good Riley is until he has to face a Texas team with a good coach over a period of years. He looks great now but he’s got no competition other than an under-manned but well coached Iowa State.

Santa Clause 2 with Tim Allen is my #1
I know it’s not as popular as some but my family loves it

I have a hunch that Sam may consider coming back depending on who the coach is going to be.

I also have a feeling that if Herman gets the chance they will beat the brakes off of Colorado

Merry Christmas to you and your family Ketch

I hear you, Ketch, when you say a change is needed. The problem is, all the reporting is that if we don't get a coach the caliber of Urban Meyer, we won't do anything. Well, outside of Meyer, I don't see that happening. Frankly, I think at this point Meyer is a pipe dream, but I do fall in the "never say never" category. Absent, a rainmaker we are going to have to do a good job of evaluating and then roll the dice and take a chance. There are a number of good coaches out there that can run circles around Herman. But, to say we can find someone that does not involve some risk, LOL. The question is, are we willing to take a risk? Everything I have read is that the answer to that question is no. If that is the case, another year of Herman will set this program back for a number of years. I hope the decision makers understand that.
You can make a case that the events of this weekend were very good for those that want to be agents for change.

The fist pump and birdie was cool. Seeing Charlie Woods hit a 5-wood to 5’ on a par 5 in the first round, and then draining the eagle putt, was straight up crazy. The hype machine will be in full effect. If this kid wants golf to be his life like his dad, I’d put a futures bet on him now.
Everything about him is like a mini-Eldrick.

Reactions: TexSoul and Ajaa23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT