ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Seven damn long years...)

@Ketchum completely agree with your Applewhite / Orlando take, but I'm glad Orlando came because I believe in building around the defense 1st and foremost. Major and TH also had better OL, Catalon, and Ward as well.

@Ketchum completely agree with your Applewhite / Orlando take, but I'm glad Orlando came because I believe in building around the defense 1st and foremost. Major and TH also had better OL, Catalon, and Ward as well.
Weird thing about Ward is that he was mostly a nobody before Herman showed up. They created and developed Ward and did so quickly.

It just hasn't quite happened at the same rate here.

Weird thing about Ward is that he was mostly a nobody before Herman showed up. They created and developed Ward and did so quickly.

Agreed. Applewhite probably had a lot to do with that but Ward was experienced and had that extra gear and that always opens up the field when the QB can run. Sam can make plays with his feet but he's no Ward in that regard. Thompson on the other hand......

Agreed. Applewhite probably had a lot to do with that but Ward was experienced and had that extra gear and that always opens up the field when the QB can run. Sam can make plays with his feet but he's no Ward in that regard. Thompson on the other hand......
Ward wasn't all that experienced, though. It wasn't even a given that he would play quarterback.

Would you agree that the schedule that Texas faced last year didn’t really help a “quick impact”? Especially with a true freshman and sophomore or am I still making excuses?

Would you agree that the schedule that Texas faced last year didn’t really help a “quick impact”? Especially with a true freshman and sophomore or am I still making excuses?
Sometimes an excuse is nothing more than the reason something happens.

The schedule was a reason, just one of many, that contributed to preventing a "quick impact".

Reactions: LnghrnObsrvtry
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT