ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Surprise! Issues exist)

But what if…. and I am just spitballing here…we win Saturday. 🤘🏻

however the line at some places has moved to 8

“(Buy) Nothing has changed. That will still be a difficult game and Ewers isn't Shedeur Sanders.”

What an absolutely pathetic, embarrassing, and depressing statement. Wow this really where we are with Quinn? Sad for us. Hello 8 wins 😢.

“(Buy) Nothing has changed. That will still be a difficult game and Ewers isn't Shedeur Sanders.”

What an absolutely pathetic, embarrassing, and depressing statement. Wow this really where we are with Quinn? Sad for us. Hello 8 wins 😢.
Sanders might be a Heisman favorite.

Oh, it probably isn't for me anymore... not enough football intelligence and way too many betas and trolls... but if I were soft then I would be the one throwing tantrums and making up derogatory names for the Texas players on gameday.
Anywhere there’s a lot of good, there’s probably some bad. The overall value of this place overshadows the bad, IMO.

I mean... that's one way to look at it.
Would you rather get these issues fixed now or play Bama without them fixed?

Better not to have any issues at all but we are where we are. Campbell showed his potential between bonehead plays.

No real hope for Majors. Was hoping he’d show improvement this year but he’s simply not athletic enough-period. Hard work only gets you so far.

Jury is still out on Connor but not looking good so far.

You think they invent statistics to trick you instead of informing you?
Quite frankly, yes! Statistics are not made for small sample sizes like 1 football game. These sports rating systems are design for exactly like you said to trick you is instead of truly informing you. Easily the biggest misinformation campaign the last 15-20 years. All it has done is to make people who create them appear informed or intelligent, when in actually it’s misleading and pretentious. Projecting Ewers performance as anything other than blah, is not informing me…if I watched the game.

CDC could have demanded that the game needed to be played at night because of the heat and the safety of the fans being most important.
He could’ve? 🤔 I REALLY don’t think that’s the case, unless you’re aware of some contractual provision that allows such an out, in which case, why have we never seen it exercised before, by anybody?

Those B/S questions are something. Good to see some of the usual titty babies in midseason form.

I heard a very interesting story from Cole Cubelic on Tommy Brockermeyer and some others that left Bama after the season. Apparently he wasn’t about the culture that Saban wanted to get back to. Said he was soft without directly saying it.
Are you saying it would have been a perfect fit for him in Austin?

Reactions: Uncut Degenerate
I don't trust that his footwork is ever going to be fixed. He is going to have sloppy mechanics.
@Ketchum do you think there is a Mahomes effect on mechanics? Mahomes slings it, arm angles, no look passes, etc. Guys want to emulate the pros…Does this have an impact on guys like QE working on mechanics? Just heard a national guy on Sirius XMU say QE was 1 of 2 thinks he took note of in week 1. Basically said everything that’s been said about missing deep balls, footwork, etc ‘Needs to get corrected in a hurry…Missing deep shots even in conf play will hurt them…’ And why wouldn’t Sark demand QE work on mechanics if he’s a QB whisperer?

But what if…. and I am just spitballing here…we win Saturday. 🤘🏻

however the line at some places has moved to 8
The team that showed up Saturday will lose by 21.
8-4. Alamo Bowl. Blah.

hq720.jpg

Sark has access to same numbers on QE effectiveness as passer on specific areas of the field as you do, so I blame him as much as QE for not making play calls that constantly take advantage of QEs strengths and the elite "separation talent" of his receivers. To throw the deep ball as often and ineffectively as it clearly has been, just puts the offense behind the chains. Me, I would rather take what the defense gives me, all day. With elite receivers, this should be a no brainer. Why keep banging the deep ball drum?

There is something intangible about Ewers that just seems off. Maybe it’s skipping his senior year in high school. Maybe it’s chasing money and fame at The OSU. Maybe it was the hair last year. Maybe it’s the Lambo. Maybe it’s having to coach him to be a leader. Maybe it’s having to calm him some at halftime as Sark said in his post-game interview on KVET. Maybe it’s the combination of all of that. Something just doesn’t feel right.
Seems a little fearful in the pocket. Think that affects his foot work on deep throws.

Ketch great 10 thoughts I thought one of your best lists but question have you ever seen the Tom Cruise football movie All the right movies I think it would qualify
As for Quin I think this week will give you a better idea of what he can do hopefully he has a big game & quits all the doubters.
Ketch do you have a top 14 Big 12 list I think top 2 are OU & Texas

Would you rather get these issues fixed now or play Bama without them fixed?

Better not to have any issues at all but we are where we are. Campbell showed his potential between bonehead plays.

No real hope for Majors. Was hoping he’d show improvement this year but he’s simply not athletic enough-period. Hard work only gets you so far.

Jury is still out on Connor but not looking good so far.
That part of the line just isn't good and probably can't be fixed in a week.

Quite frankly, yes! Statistics are not made for small sample sizes like 1 football game. These sports rating systems are design for exactly like you said to trick you is instead of truly informing you. Easily the biggest misinformation campaign the last 15-20 years. All it has done is to make people who create them appear informed or intelligent, when in actually it’s misleading and pretentious. Projecting Ewers performance as anything other than blah, is not informing me…if I watched the game.
The eyes lie all the time. Important to note.

He could’ve? 🤔 I REALLY don’t think that’s the case, unless you’re aware of some contractual provision that allows such an out, in which case, why have we never seen it exercised before, by anybody?
It's a safety issues. Yes, it could have been heavily suggested.

@Ketchum do you think there is a Mahomes effect on mechanics? Mahomes slings it, arm angles, no look passes, etc. Guys want to emulate the pros…Does this have an impact on guys like QE working on mechanics? Just heard a national guy on Sirius XMU say QE was 1 of 2 thinks he took note of in week 1. Basically said everything that’s been said about missing deep balls, footwork, etc ‘Needs to get corrected in a hurry…Missing deep shots even in conf play will hurt them…’ And why wouldn’t Sark demand QE work on mechanics if he’s a QB whisperer?
Yes, just like Steph Curry has impacted the youth hoops scene.

Sark has access to same numbers on QE effectiveness as passer on specific areas of the field as you do, so I blame him as much as QE for not making play calls that constantly take advantage of QEs strengths and the elite "separation talent" of his receivers. To throw the deep ball as often and ineffectively as it clearly has been, just puts the offense behind the chains. Me, I would rather take what the defense gives me, all day. With elite receivers, this should be a no brainer. Why keep banging the deep ball drum?
Sark would tell you it has to happen, for better or worse, no matter what.

Ketch great 10 thoughts I thought one of your best lists but question have you ever seen the Tom Cruise football movie All the right movies I think it would qualify
As for Quin I think this week will give you a better idea of what he can do hopefully he has a big game & quits all the doubters.
Ketch do you have a top 14 Big 12 list I think top 2 are OU & Texas
I definitely considered, but ultimately didn't think it was bad enough to make the list.

It's just a good movie. .;)

The eyes lie all the time. Important to note.
Sure. And the QBR sh*t never lies. Got it. So I should compile a list of all the qbr’s this weekend and that should tell me what I saw was right or wrong. All this time, 40+ years, I had it wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT