ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Taking some of my own advice)

Originally posted by HornOwl:
I also like the Swans. Man they tore up my ManU earlier this season.
Great 10 Thoughts Ketch, although you are wrong about Birdman. You must have been tired when you saw it.
smokin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/9 10:04 PM by Texas2Big

Originally posted by LiveattheOasis:
Stoke City (only team with an Austin connection) is a visit you need to take Ketch, but anyone decommiting three months into the season is ... playing bush league.

Then again, you chose Liverpool ...

What is the Austin connection with Stoke?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Ketchum:

a. ...Honestly, what Swoopes looks like now is only a piece of the story and not even the most important piece.
d. I wrote a column about this subject about six weeks ago, but the Texas coaches have to find a way to bring in another option at the position for 2015, whether it's a JUCO guy or a transfer. It's possible that Swoopes emerges as a force at the position, but you can't put all your chips on that outcome coming true. Follow the Boy Scouts and be prepared.
Good write-up, Ketch. Re points above, I hope the staff recognizes the potential risks of laying it all on Swoopes. I am skeptical he is the answer. Would love to see some legitimate competition.

Ketch - Stop procrastinating and jump on board the Chelsea bandwagon. Don't listen to all of the other haters on this board and start watching the ONLY relevant EPL team on a European level. Possibly MCFC qualifies, but their (imminent) first round fall from the Champion's League speaks volumes - same for Arsenal, but that collapse was inevitable. Mentioning Southampton is laughable but I keep telling myself that you're new to this whole thing... By the way, have you noticed all of the hate on this board for Chelsea? Sort of makes it even more intriguing to root for them - doesn't it?... Looking forward to welcoming you to the bandwagon...

I remember when I was choosing an EPL team. It came down to Liverpool and Chelsea. Luckily I chose the blues.

Originally posted by memhorn:
I'm glad you are back. Check your link to Over the Rainbow -- something went wrong.

Also, I don't see bringing in a JUCO QB. Swoopes should be at least pretty good, and he doesn't seem like the kind of player that gets hurt. The other two on campus should be a lot to work with.
a. Good catch. Fixed.

b. You might be right, but I think it's a mistake.

glad you are back, maybe I can get some updates on Miley now. lol don't know how to find the answer so maybe you can help when you get the time, if possible. last year Nuufola posted some names for top single malt scotch and would like those names if possible. thanks

Ketch - good to have you back! This place needs you badly.

We all make mistakes, say things we regret, do stupid sh$t. Doing any of this in the digital world gives millions the opportunity to see we are human instead of just those in the room with us at the time. Your incident is a great lesson to us all. Thanks for taking one for the team!

Did I say "glad you are back"?

Re: Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Taking some of my own advic

A couple of EPL notes.

I'm a Chelsea supporter, mainly bc I became captivated by Didier Drogba a decade ago. But I honestly love the whole league, and no matter what I'm able to watch on the weekends, EPL review show on Monday nights is DVRed weekly. It's not only an hour of the best plays and build ups of the week but it's also an opportunity to get to know each team's playmakers.

Also remember this about the EPL, just bc they're a giant doesn't mean they're favorites. For example, man city is absolutely loaded every year, and they win the league a lot. But when they go play champions league they consistently get their heads kicked in. With all the competitions they play in, there are lots of opportunities to be a favorite and an underdog.

Originally posted by Moooooo:
So, why exactly did you make that tweet? It's not like you are and Ole Miss fan, former student, or even write about their recruiting. Just don't get why you interjected yourself into something where you have no vested interest . . .
Moooooo-here is my take on it. Everyone has a stupid moment. Everyone. And this was his. And let be honest OK the folks on here who jumped on how things are with what he does that have nothing with that tweet are just as dumb.

So ask them that very same question because some of the stuff that was said was disgusting.

Ketch, prayers for your son as he goes through this surgery. There is nothing in importance that compares to our feeling of responsibility for our children and it is times like this that make us feel completely helpless. Your strength is in your prayers.

Originally posted by HookemUK:
Mentioning Southampton is laughable but I keep telling myself that you're new to this whole thing...

Why do the vast majority of American EPL fans feel like rooting for one of the super-rich, big name clubs is the ONLY option?

I'd argue that I've gotten much more satisfaction seeing little ole Swansea succeed than I could have from any other club.

Relevant at a European level? Give me a break. Pick an EPL team based on their Saturday Sunday schedule.

Plus Champions League is Chelsea and Mourinho at their absolute worst. So Fing boring to watch.

Originally posted by HornOwl:
Relevant at a European level? Give me a break. Pick an EPL team based on their Saturday Sunday schedule.

Exactly. The fact that every single league game is televised makes it easy to choose any of them.

Sorry to hear about Hendrix, I hope and pray he will be ok. Nothing worse than a sick kid.

Stick to football and all will be well.

Ketch,

Good post by PhillyHorn regarding your son's surgery. Will pray for him, the surgeon and you and your wife.

Good post. Hard lesson.

We have a spot for you at Chelsea. Mourinho and Costa are everything you love and opposing teams hate. Throw in the evolution of the Belgium wonder kid Hazard and it sounds like a match made in heaven. Good luck in your decision.

Why did you do a Top Ten of Eva Cassidy when you have already done one of her in the past?

You apologized? Alright then. You're good.

Hope your son does well.

Glad you're back.

Is it possible that outside of the World Cup, soccer is just boring?

I'm not so sure I agree with you on TCU at 3 ahead of Alabama. I've got Baylor and TCU right behind Alabama at this point.

Baylor beat TCU head to head.

All this blood pumping EPL talk and we are facing another freaking international break. Uggh

I have been listening to Eva Cassidy forr years. Sad she died so young. Marvelous singer. Could have been one of the best.

Originally posted by Dos Horns:
I'm not so sure I agree with you on TCU at 3 ahead of Alabama.  I've got Baylor and TCU right behind Alabama at this point.

Baylor beat TCU head to head.
Curious why ketch isn't sold on Oregon.

They are finally healthy and playing well.

I, respectfully, disagree with your assessment of Mr. Swoopes.

Let these facts sink in a bit

Just before the 6 minute mark of the 4th qtr, the Texas offense was 2 of 8 on 3rd down and had amassed a grand total of 28 yards in the 2nd half. WVU put 8 in the box and dared Swoopes to beat them with his arm. He didn't. His decision making process was poor, he stared down his receivers and the balls he threw were mostly go routes that ended up being jump balls. He ran into his backs, misread blitzes to check down to simple slant routes and was off target the entire half. It was almost as if he were fighting a concussion. Since he wasn't, a conclusion could be reached that at least his progression is stagnate and at most is regressing.

Hook'em!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT