ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Texas has seriously closed the gap)

Same for Texas. The talent is there for Texas to win the Big12 moreso than in any other season the last decade+. The success of this team will hinge on Quinn's right arm. That worries me.
The only difference is that A&M has slightly oder players.

Nearly half of Texas' super blue chips are freshmen.

Reactions: DKinnamon
Same for Texas. The talent is there for Texas to win the Big12 moreso than in any other season the last decade+. The success of this team will hinge on Quinn's right arm. That worries me.
I’m less worried about the QB, than at any other point in time, since Colt left.

Reactions: Horn19
The only difference is that A&M has slightly oder players.

Nearly half of Texas' super blue chips are freshmen.
That is the reason why I keep harping on the need to aggressively substitute/rotate our players to develop the young players and prepare for the conference championship and playoffs.

Less than in 2019 coming off the Sygar Bowl?
I started to say outside of Sam but I think I had more questions about the QB then than I do now but it's close.

**EDIT - Not questions so much as a comfort level with talent, coaching, and surrounding playmakers.

Reactions: cooleyo
I started to say outside of Sam but I think I had more questions about the QB then than I do now but it's close.

**EDIT - Not questions so much as a comfort level with talent, coaching, and surrounding playmakers.

It's one of the only questions I don't have a great feel for.

Apparently there is a video somewhere that shows how many times Xavier Worthy was missed and how open he was able to get the past couple seasons. Does anyone have a link they could post?

This is just two seasons ago. It doesn't include all of the ones from last year.

Reactions: DKinnamon
Saw the Clash at Austin City Coliseum in 82. My half brother (RIP) took me. 11 years old and hanging with the punk kids. Man, wag at a memory. Hot as absolute balls in there and loud AF. Loved the Clash ever since.
Was right there witcha. Unforgettable show.

• Love
Reactions: Ketchum
It's crazy to think what his numbers could be

So there are a ton of places in that tape where he was wide open and missed

But that wasn’t all that was in that tape

And there have Absolutely been times he didn’t track the ball or adjust where he could have - I don’t think I’ve ever seen that admitted by Ketch

I’d say he’s one of the best two players on the team - but it’s a weakness that does actually exist

Been here a long time and I think your stats work is some of your best work in the history of the site. Kudos!
Happy Snow White GIF by Disney

No one should beat us on NIL as a clincher variable. Do the kids even care about an education? Worthy is a badass. Imagine the record books if he stayed 4 years? He would own all the receiving ones.

No one should beat us on NIL as a clincher variable. Do the kids even care about an education? Worthy is a badass. Imagine the record books if he stayed 4 years? He would own all the receiving ones.
Most don't care about education as much as they care about football.

2023 Texas WR room going to rival the 2019 LSU season
Ja'Marr Chase 1,780 20 TD Xavier Worthy 1,320 17 TD
Justin Jefferon 1,540 18 TD AD Mitchell 1,105 12 TD
Terrance Marshall 671 13 TD Jordan Whittington 680 5 TD
Thaddeus Moss 570 4 TD JT Sanders 810 8 TD
Racey McMath 285 3 TD Johntay Cook 670 9 TD
Derrick Dillon 202 2 TD Isaiah Neyor 485 6 TD

• Wow
Reactions: Ketchum
2023 Texas WR room going to rival the 2019 LSU season
Ja'Marr Chase 1,780 20 TD Xavier Worthy 1,320 17 TD
Justin Jefferon 1,540 18 TD AD Mitchell 1,105 12 TD
Terrance Marshall 671 13 TD Jordan Whittington 680 5 TD
Thaddeus Moss 570 4 TD JT Sanders 810 8 TD
Racey McMath 285 3 TD Johntay Cook 670 9 TD
Derrick Dillon 202 2 TD Isaiah Neyor 485 6 TD
From your keyboard to the football gods' ears.

Reactions: ARD438
a. He does need to catch the ball better. Too many drops last season, but that tends to happens when a team is over-depending on a guy that's hurt.

b. He does need to pout less. I was the first person to say that last year.

c. In the NFL, all they will want him to do is get wide ass open and if the quarterback can't hit open receivers, they change the quarterback.... not the wide receiver.
Unless the receiver isn't catching the ball enough. It's one thing to get wide-ass open, and another thing to catch the ball.

Unless the receiver isn't catching the ball enough. It's one thing to get wide-ass open, and another thing to catch the ball.
There's a hell of a lot more of the former than the problem with the latter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT