ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The defense still has steps to take)

Man, that feels like a cheap-shot take against the defense. Out of three games, they face two of the best QBs in the nation a year ago.

What's the cheap shot?

That they still need to get better?

Reactions: c.c.rider

Quinn Ewers is going to play.

Quinn Ewers is going to play?​

QUINN EWERS IS GOING TO PLAY!!​

karate kid GIF by IFC

I finally got one of my B/S posted. When should I expect my OB letter man jacket?

Quote from @Ketchum ”A&M might have beaten Miami, but those were two very average football teams playing at Kyle Field with terrible quarterback play. That was a stay of execution more than a win.”

@Ketchum Agree with the two average football teams part. Van Dyke really had no weapons with Restrepo being out. A&M’s defense is also good.

What should really scare A&M is that they are in year 5 of this mess, and they still look the same disorganized mess they did 5 years ago.

I wish UM were already better, but Cristobal is the right kind of guy under whom UM can rebuild. Back when Mario played for Jimmy, there was no better place to watch a game on a Saturday night than the Orange Bowl.

Last edited:
A&M might have beaten Miami, but those were two very average football teams playing at Kyle Field with terrible quarterback play. That was a stay of execution more than a win.

@Ketchum Agree with the two average football teams part. Van Dyke really had no weapons with Restrepo being out. A&M’s defense is also good.

What should really scare A&M is that they are in year 5 of this mess, and they still look the same disorganized mess they did 5 years ago.

Cristobal is the right kind of guy under whom UM can rebuild.
Yeah, mario just needs some more dudes. Didn't have enough last night.

Reactions: Miamihorns
We just don’t have enough dudes on defense. There just aren’t any difference makers. A bunch of good players, but not a single guy on that side of the ball keeps an OC up at night.

We simply have to recruit more war daddies on defense.

We just don’t have enough dudes on defense. There just aren’t any difference makers. A bunch of good players, but not a single guy on that side of the ball keeps an OC up at night.

We simply have to recruit more war daddies on defense.
No doubt. Lots of solid players, but not any next level dudes.

... If I had a vote that mattered...

8. Oklahoma State

This is interesting. They are 3-0, but they have blown out an FCS team and two opponents who are 2-4 on the year with both wins over FCS teams.

Is this a team ripe to get slapped in the mouth by Baylor in two weeks or are the Cowboys really the #2 team in the conference?

Ill hang up and listen

Great read. Stinks, but man your sooo right on our defense. Hopefully, some game changers land on the 40 soon!!

This is interesting. They are 3-0, but they have blown out an FCS team and two opponents who are 2-4 on the year with both wins over FCS teams.

Is this a team ripe to get slapped in the mouth by Baylor in two weeks or are the Cowboys really the #2 team in the conference?

Ill hang up and listen
It kind of remains to be seen, but Sanders has been pretty sensational.

Great read. Stinks, but man your sooo right on our defense. Hopefully, some game changers land on the 40 soon!!
The defense hasn't quite been what a lot of people think it has been. The scoring defense is very, very good, but this defense isn't great in any single area.

Ill hang up and listen
Based on evidence presented so far this season Baylor appears to be the bigger fraud so I wouldn’t count on that happening.

What's the cheap shot?

That they still need to get better?
Blaming them for only one pick-six and three sacks against the combined efforts of the reigning Heisman trophy winner and a reigning semi-finalist for both the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award and Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award feels like a cheap shot, yes—especially when they limited both teams to 20 points and Harris to a 57.9 QB rating (when his career rating is 141.5) and Bryce Young to a miniscule 80.1 rating considering his career number is a whopping 215.1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT