Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The latest on Micah Hudson isn't great...)

Lol! He took the f’n CAVALIERS to the finals half of his total 10 appearances. By your dumb standards he would have been better off not dragging a bunch of JAGS well beyond their expectations.

East was garbage. Someone had to go to the Finals.

Emmitt is the Hall of Fame player. The others were his band of merry men.

That's just a fact.

Most of these guys were complete Jags before he arrived. Look up Tuinei and Newton's careers pre-1990.

I mean shit, Charles Haley put his helmet through a wall for a reason after the second game of the ‘93 season

I know it isn't this exactly, but this has the feel of something like asking Colton Vasek about his lacrosse game (mistaking him for Ethan Burke)- just something about not doing the homework about the recruit and/or his family.

Which seems to be mostly out of character for this staff, but probably happens here and there with all staffs.
It's the same in that I think they stepped on their you know whats when they didn't have to.

Does his relationship with the coaches really matter that much? Would he follow Joey and his wide receiver coach to A&M if that job opened up next year?
I don't know that I know the answer.

Who had the better overall team between the Cowboys and the Lions?
Dallas.

I don't think I've failed to answer that, although Detroit's talent in the 90s is underrated.

Sanders played with three other all-pros on offense with the Lions.

I mean shit, Charles Haley put his helmet through a wall for a reason after the second game of the ‘93 season

It might be 30 years, but the details matter.

It's not our fault that you and I remember the details better than most of the people in this discussion.

Dallas.

I don't think I've failed to answer that, although Detroit's talent in the 90s is underrated.

Sanders played with three other all-pros on offense with the Lions.

Your argument for putting Smith over Sanders was due to his numerous playoff appearances and Sanders' lack of appearances. Dallas had the far superior teams and far superior coaches. JJ was one of the best of all time and he surrounded himself with an all star staff.

If all you did was put Sanders on Dallas and Smith on Detroit, Sanders would have had a boatload of playoff appearances and would have rushed for a boatload of yards.

Your argument for putting Smith over Sanders was due to his numerous playoff appearances and Sanders' lack of appearances. Dallas had the far superior teams and far superior coaches. JJ was one of the best of all time and he surrounded himself with an all star staff.

If all you did was put Sanders on Dallas and Smith on Detroit, Sanders would have had a boatload of playoff appearances and would have rushed for a boatload of yards.

You’re very much failing badly to start the week. Lol. Hope the rest of the week is better.

Nice dodge. It’s ok to admit you’re blinded by politics. It goes a long way to explain your stupid reasoning

You keep bringing up politics. Outside of his foolish comments about China, when has Lebron ever discussed politics?

Sorry, but Emmitt does not belong above Jim Brown if the standard is how their ability compared to their contemporary competition. Emmitt was no where near as dominant a force as Brown, who was a man among boys in the NFL. This is not close. Emmitt had the best line and blocking fullback in history opening holes for him.

I think your relative youth is showing with respect to an older player. And I never liked Jim Brown, love Emmitt.
Go back and look at that line. A lot were scrubs that were cut or traded before Emmitt.

LOL. When the only person you're in agreement with in a thread is Ketch, maybe you should look in the mirror.
He's not the only person in agreement with me (nice low-key insult, by the way).

Maybe do some light reading and come back to us when you're ready to represent yourself better.

I don't know that you know enough about the issues that exist to have a fully rounded take.

That being said, it's certainly possible that you could be correct.

The fact that the official visit is being counted on is ironically one of the issues that created this issue that has sprung up.
Issues like playing time? Or the shit McGuire and his coaches are chatting up about how Sark is not a winner and won’t ever win (at the Texas standard) with anyone who’s willing to listen?

This is a classic bumps in the road in this recruitment. I feel very confident he’ll be deciding between Tech and Texas at the end of the day.

Texas is going to run a train on Tech on November 24th.

@Ketchum good RB list and I dont really argue greatest list because my own list could change daily but I am not sure Ricky is not as good or better than anyone on the list. Now the way his career played out I can absolutely see him being left off but he still ended up with over 10k yards.

Probably. His QBs sucked. His offensive line was average at best. He never had a great coach. Emmitt has greater team achievements. But Barry was the better running back.
Average at best is giving the Detroit OL way too much credit. But I agree with you.

It's a moot point, but you can look at many HOF players in retrospect and legitimately ask if they would be in the HOF if they played in another system, under another coach or without the same teammates. Emmitt was great, no question. But you can't tell me he'd have anywhere near the same production if he were drafted at #2 and went to the Jets instead of going #17 to the Cowboys. Not saying he'd be a failure on the level of Blair Thomas, but he wouldn't be "Emmitt"

You mean when the entire league was wearing social justice messages on their uniforms?

Hey, you were the one who stupidly brought it up. Lol. Oh, let’s also pretend that James wasn’t THE biggest name in the league talking about the issue. Lol. I think you’ve moved from a shovel to a backhoe.

On a scale of 1-10, how good of a blocker do you believe sanders was?

Emmitt was a 9.5
The only reason you remember Emmitt as a blocker is because he actually had quarterbacks worth blocking for. Doubt you'd remember Barry blocking for the amazing Scott Mitchell

@Ketchum good RB list and I dont really argue greatest list because my own list could change daily but I am not sure Ricky is not as good or better than anyone on the list. Now the way his career played out I can absolutely see him being left off but he still ended up with over 10k yards.

Ricky at best had 4th best NFL career amongst Texas RBs

Hey Ketch - please say a little more about his relationship with our coaches vs Techs coaches. Are our guys just not working hard enough?

Average at best is giving the Detroit OL way too much credit. But I agree with you.

It's a moot point, but you can look at many HOF players in retrospect and legitimately ask if they would be in the HOF if they played in another system, under another coach or without the same teammates. Emmitt was great, no question. But you can't tell me he'd have anywhere near the same production if he were drafted at #2 and went to the Jets instead of going #17 to the Cowboys. Not saying he'd be a failure on the level of Blair Thomas, but he wouldn't be "Emmitt"
I 100 percent agree. Emmitt has everything in place to be great.

That bond is still forming, but it's not at the root of the corrent issues.

Marion didn't help when he was here, though.
Is Marion a bust as a recruiter? Seems like the three we signed last year wanted to play for sark more than anything else Marion did.

Issues like playing time? Or the shit McGuire and his coaches are chatting up about how Sark is not a winner and won’t ever win (at the Texas standard) with anyone who’s willing to listen?

No. Neither of those things.

I don't want to call out the issue and particular coach that helped create a bit of a disconnect, but it's not Jackson.
A certain coordinator in the Las Vegas area just called a stray

He had one great season in the NFL and was otherwise just a very good player.

Hey Ketch - please say a little more about his relationship with our coaches vs Techs coaches. Are our guys just not working hard enough?
Not a matter of effort at all, although it was an issue when Marion was still here.