Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The latest on Micah Hudson isn't great...)

All day everyday over Emmitt….switch players and teams and Emmitt wouldn’t be in the conversation like Barry is….

This sounds like an Aggie saying that reggie McNeal would have been better than VY if they had switched teams.

Honestly, if you have to go to the "if they switched teams" argument, you've already lost.

"Dan Marino would have won 8 Super Bowls if he had been on the 49ers"

Whatever.

Reactions: McGuapo
This sounds like an Aggie saying that reggie McNeal would have been better than VY if they had switched teams.

No it’s like someone saying that if Faulk had played for Texas and Cedric benson had played for San Diego state that their college careers / stats and big game outcomes would have been very different

Ahh….the ole resort to it sounds like aggy…

To be fair the whole thread reads like a Homer trying to defend a pick …..

Donovan McNabb, Jack Youngblood, Byron Leftwich….it’s not just Emmitt that’s played hurt.

Last edited:
I think he might Portal after 1-2 seasons.
Well if they are going to give him 2M you take that.

Switching WR coaches probably didn’t help and I imagine Tech has plenty of time to prioritize him. No one else if his pedigree is taking up their time. They are all in on him because they have a chance.

I had season tickets in ‘93. Watched us lose at home by one to a Buffalo when Emmitt was holding out. Couldn’t do shit on offense. Even with all those badasses.

He comes back, we win the SB. It’s not a coincidence.

Don’t really give a shit what anyone says, I got to watch and root for Emmitt as he ran all over the NFL. #1 all time rusher and it’s gonna be a loooooooooong time before someone breaks his record

I don't really care about the RB argument but you cannot compare playoff success of a running back in football to that of a superstar in the nba. It's not even close to the same thing.

In every pro sport, success in the post-season or majors defines greatness.

Yep, he’s just not very bright if he chooses Tech of all the great colleges available. If he chooses Tech, a Texas coach might look at as best after all.
I don't know that any of us should begrudge a guy making a decision that he thinks is best for him.

It's his life, not ours.

Reactions: dkrtms and Zorlac
Great list but if I need one player in his prime I’ll take the Tyler Rose. He would have been insane behind that Cowboys OL and I love Emmitt.
Completely understandable.

Yet, in the biggest game of his life, he ran for 15 yards on 17 carries.

It has to be mentioned.

This. We brought in Neyor and AD Mitchell. Hudson would be great, but I’m certain Sark can bring in elite WR transfers - especially if we have 3 WRs drafted this season.
This team will never hurt for NFL level wide receivers under Sark, no matter how they are obtained.

Hell, maybe Barion Brown goes into the Portal in 6 months.

Ignoring that Emmit played behind arguably the greatest OL in history is your blindspot here @Ketchum.

Without that OL, Emmit doesn't get to play in all those playoff games and have his big moments. You put Emmit on the teams of your other top 10 RB list and he'd look a lot different. Earl and Brown were both a one man wrecking crew and could play behind any OL. Emmit, not so much without that OL.

This was the starting offensive line in Super Bowl XXVII

LT - mark Tuinei
LG - Nate Newton
C - mark Stenowski
RG - John Gesek
RT - Erik Williams

Not a single one of those players ever made a Pro Bowl until Emmitt walked into their lives. Frankly, Tuinei, Newton and Gesek were career Jags before Emmitt arrived.

Erik Williams is another story.

there is a definite comfort level with the Tech staff that is superior to what Hudson has with the Texas coaching staff and that this particular piece of the puzzle has been forming its shape over the course of the last couple of months.
Could it be an issue with Chris Jackson?

I’ll say it - Montana is not a top 5 qb

He had great players all over that team

Terry Bradshaw won a bunch of super bowls and he isn’t a top all time qb either

Brady is a top all time qb because he won super bowls AND he’s great

This recruitment is far from over. Seems like Texas having a good season might make a huge difference. I also wouldn't count out this staff, they are relentless

It's definitely not over.

I’ll put it this way

I think Terrell Davis was JAG rb behind a great Denver offensive line and scheme

Look at the success that other rbs had behind that line before he got there - yet you just gave your opinion that he was a borderline top 10 rb

I doubt he is a top 50 rb ever

Do I think the cowboys win multiple Super Bowls with another top 25 rb besides smith in backfield? Absolutely

I guess Montana was just great because he had Bill Walsh and great players around him.

23 votes in the top all time rb poll and smith doesn’t have one yet

He will get some for sure

He deserves some and also there are enough cowboy fans on this board I would expect his percentage on this board to be higher than any other

But we who are debating this are not in the minority of viewpoint

Reactions: deckard
Or he went 6-0 in the Finals.
Yes - because he played every game the same. Regular season or playoff or final. You implied the regular season didn’t matter in the post I responded to. The GOAT NBA player would strongly disagree with you about the regular season. It matters - If you disagree then simply rewatch the last dance.

I guess Montana was just great because he had Bill Walsh and great players around him.

Bill Walsh gave an interview and said that he wanted Simms badly - and that he could have won as many or more championships with him

Since your data point of what the teammates think matters

Yes -
How about Bijan Robinson - was he a winner?

Start a thread claiming Bijan isn’t a winner in the title and see where it gets you.

Bijan is a winner in life, but as an all-time college player... no.

Why do we call VY the greatest player we've ever seen?

Because of what he did in the biggest moments in the biggest games. In the greatest college game of all-time, he was the best player on the field.

And he won at the highest level.

Bijan didn't so much as win a conference title when he played at Texas. It sucks, but it's what happened.

No I’m sorry I didn’t mean at all that you didn’t have a valid data point or make any compelling points

You made the post that nobody had presented any data points in response at all - and that simply isn’t true
I still haven't seen anyone make a Top 10 list with explanations.

That's what I did.

Oh sorry didn’t realize that him being first team all pro on the offensive line six times while smith was running behind him didn’t help smiths stats or help him become the all time yards leader that you cited in your initial post

I must be mistaken
You are mistaken that he had a large role in Smith's peak success.

When Smith was named MVP of the league, Allen was a junior in college.

You are mistaken that he had a large role in Smith's peak success.

When Smith was named MVP of the league, Allen was a junior in college.

Ok show me in my post where I said he had impact on his peak success

You literally can’t because I didn’t type that

You’re just not reading my posts

Easy answer - super bowl 32

Terrell Davis - 157 rushing yards and three touchdowns with a migraine that was bad enough that he couldn’t stay on the field the entire game

Anyone else?

Also, I'm old enough to remember reading someone tell me that Davis was just a byproduct of his scheme and offense.

No it’s like someone saying that if Faulk had played for Texas and Cedric benson had played for San Diego state that their college careers / stats and big game outcomes would have been very different

Both were going to be college Hall of Fame running backs, no matter where they played.

Anyone else?

Also, I'm old enough to remember reading someone tell me that Davis was just a byproduct of his scheme and offense.

I do think he is - that’s why I used that exact example

I came up with an example in like 5 seconds how many am I supposed to come up with? Am I allowed to use other positions? Only playoff games I assume?

Latest posts