ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The Top 25 players at Texas in early 2020...)

Your point about a lack of play makers is well taken. If we're going to play with the big boys and aspire to appearances in the championship rounds, we'll need more.
On the other hand, we consistantly have a roster that most other programs would trade for in a minute. Yet, we continue to struggle to win against inferior teams ( at least on paper). Mediocrity is no fun.
development matters. The development in the program was abysmal last year.

Good to hear your exam went well.

Meant to post a PSA last week. Took Michelle in for the dreaded colonoscopy.

Doctor (cute little thing) told me while she was in recovery that she had saved michelle's life. Removed a polyp which would have turned cancerous in a year or 2.

Instead, caught it early and it's now a non issue.

We dude's are way too macho about this shit. . ..
whew! That's amazing news.

Wow, I’ve never seen this before but I agree with this list 1000% old dan and little Anne still upsets me, as well as Old Yeller.
It's amazing how much Red Fern connected with me and has forever stayed with me.

Reactions: boone8466
To this point, Overshown is a true junior. He's never redshirted. And Marcus Washington played in 10 games last year, he didn't redshirt, so he's a true sophomore.
Overshown played in four games last year.

So did Washington.

ee0e3a40b744e2eebc3b4d949eaa9055x.jpg

Here's my Top 10

10. Mark Greene (ER)
9. Jenny (Forest Gump)
8. Mufasa (The Lion King)
7. Lucy Knight (ER)
6. Bambi's Mom (Bambi)
5. Littlefoot's Mom (The Land Before Time)
4. Charlotte (Charlotte's Webb)
3. Wallace (The Wire)
2. Old Yeller (Old Yeller)
1. Old Dan and Little Anne (Where The Red Fern Grows)
What about Lennie from Of Mice and Men?

a. I'm going to update it again after the sping. I'm curious to see how much it changes then.

b. No way IMO.

c. Agreed.

d. Wilson didn't die. He just floated away, no?

e. :(
Hmm? Eventually Wilson runs out of air and dies, right? Maybe I read too much into it.

Definitely keep that list. It will be interesting. Kenyatta Watson is a wild card.

Reactions: pride1613
No. 9 - The List: Top 10 Fictional Deaths ...

I saw this Tweet over the weekend and thought it would potentially make for some interesting discussion.

Here's my Top 10

10. Mark Greene (ER)
9. Jenny (Forest Gump)
7. Lucy Knight (ER)
6. Bambi's Mom (Bambi)
3. Wallace (The Wire)

The Only correct no. 1 and 2 are Joshua Deets and Augustus McRae

It's amazing how much Red Fern connected with me and has forever stayed with me.

They made us watch that damn movie in 1990 when I was in the 3rd grade and cried like a little girl in front of my crush. Will never watch again

Reactions: W. E. Henley
He's an inanimate object :)
He’s so much more than that. When you literally have nothing and have reached the sad depths that Hanks did in that film, Wilson represented love, friendship and hope to a man that had none. The fact that he was an object makes it even more touching, because it speaks to Hanks mental state. He had no option for human connection, which is the ultimate in sadness already, that he had to project it onto a ball with a face to try and feel anything. Then when the reality of it just being a ball that is so arbitrary that it can just easily float away out of your life without consequence, that was really powerful. It was the only real thing he had and it was a ball. It won’t get as much respect because we can’t relate to it, but I thought it was more powerful than most human losses I’ve seen in films. I’m with @Anwar Richardson

Here's my Top 10

10. Mark Greene (ER)
9. Jenny (Forest Gump)
7. Lucy Knight (ER)
6. Bambi's Mom (Bambi)
3. Wallace (The Wire)

Fascinating discussion. A few that came to mind for me that you didn't mention:

1. Jesus in The Passion of the Christ
2. The un-named poor mother telling a story to her children in Titanic as the ship is about to go down.
3. Andrea, Hank, and Drew Sharp in Breaking Bad.

He’s so much more than that. When you literally have nothing and have reached the sad depths that Hanks did in that film, Wilson represented love, friendship and hope to a man that had none. The fact that he was an object makes it even more touching, because it speaks to Hanks mental state. He had no option for human connection, which is the ultimate in sadness already, that he had to project it onto a ball with a face to try and feel anything. Then when the reality of it just being a ball that is so arbitrary that it can just easily float away out of your life without consequence, that was really powerful. It was the only real thing he had and it was a ball. It won’t get as much respect because we can’t relate to it, but I thought it was more powerful than most human losses I’ve seen in films. I’m with @Anwar Richardson
I love Wilson. He just didn't die.

I totally with you. That was a very emotional scene. You felt it when Wilson floated away to what was going to be its death. If we are having a fictional conversation, Wilson has to be on that list.

I love Wilson. He just didn't die.
He did die. He was only “alive” because he lived in Hanks heart and mind as real. As soon as he floats away, that all dies and then it’s just a matter of moments until the ball actually ceases to exist in any real form. It was a death, much like the scene in Titanic.

I totally with you. That was a very emotional scene. You felt it when Wilson floated away to what was going to be its death. If we are having a fictional conversation, Wilson has to be on that list.
I've never watched that scene and thought that Wilson floated away to its death.

It's about a parting of ways as friends and the loss that Hanks feels upon having to give up his only friendship in the name of surviving.

He did die. He was only “alive” because he lived in Hanks heart and mind as real. As soon as he floats away, that all dies and then it’s just a matter of moments until the ball actually ceases to exist in any real form. It was a death, much like the scene in Titanic.
If it's a matter of only Hank's heart and mind, then it only dies if Hanks thinks of it as death.

He could have just as easily believed it was the end of one journey and the beginning of another.

I've never watched that scene and thought that Wilson floated away to its death.

It's about a parting of ways as friends and the loss that Hanks feels upon having to give up his only friendship in the name of surviving.
Then you’re doing it wrong. Goodness gracious. Eye roll. Remind me not to be a friend of yours on a life raft.

If it's a matter of only Hank's heart and mind, then it only dies if Hanks thinks of it as death.

He could have just as easily believed it was the end of one journey and the beginning of another.
There were two parts to my answer, not just the mental part. He’s a sad castaway, not a moron. He knows what happens.

Then you’re doing it wrong. Goodness gracious. Eye roll. Remind me not to be a friend of yours on a life raft.
The thing is... Wilson isn't a separate person. He's Hanks' alternate voice.

When Wilson floats away and Hanks decides to let it float away, he's choosing to live instead of die. That's what that scene represents... Hanks fighting to live and because he does live, Wilson never really dies.

All that died was the life he lived on the island. Letting Wilson go was the last step of shedding the person that was on the island.

ADVERTISEMENT