ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Time for Sark to do what others have)

Ah, who took a shot and acted unprofessionally? Read what you wrote last week and this week. Who wrote that Worthy was being criticized "unfairly'. OWN IT, ketch.

You don't know what you're talking about.

I know what I've said and written.

Worthy needing to improve and assholes not acting like assholes are not mutually exclusive. They can both happen together and make the world a better place.

Also, you asked who took a shot?

On top of bringing up a comment about Shaka (who has taken three programs to the Tournament and been to a Final Four), you talk about my credibility. YOU took a shot.

OWN IT, Seved.

I’m old school, if I say something or do something it’s because I mean it. Guess that doesn’t hold true today with these kids. Hard to read em when they play so many mind games
Us old guys shouldn't be trying to sort through social media actions like every act is a clue or piece of the puzzle. ;)

Reactions: samthehorn
Not to keep this going, but if I read that correctly Thompson and Card had a combined 100 pass attempts between them.

Seems like getting a QB or two with starting experience feels like a better situation. Devil you know and all.
Not if the quarterback isn't good.

There's a reason why TCU didn't want to play him this year.

Not if the quarterback isn't good.

There's a reason why TCU didn't want to play him this year.
I (not coach) always hated playing Duggin, before this year. That dude always made plays against us.

I mean he’s obviously good, just because they may have wanted to play someone they thought was better just strengthens my position…..at least in my mind lol.

I (not coach) always hated playing Duggin, before this year. That dude always made plays against us.

I mean he’s obviously good, just because they may have wanted to play someone they thought was better just strengthens my position…..at least in my mind lol.
I'm not suggesting he wasn't talented. He just wasn't someone they wanted to entrust the season with.

I'm not suggesting he wasn't talented. He just wasn't someone they wanted to entrust the season with.
Agreed, mostly because they thought they had someone better. So if you have Duggin, an experienced starter, and a qb they thought was better, is my basis for that qb room being better than Card and Thompson.

I rest my case your honor. 😛

You're the first person in 1999 replies to mention it.
Really, who gives a crap about what a coach says in a tunnel before a big game. Obviously written up by a UT hater trying to get some clicks. If only Sark had that much fire while he was coaching in a game.

Reactions: bwatkins17
Agreed, mostly because they thought they had someone better. So if you have Duggin, an experienced starter, and a qb they thought was better, is my basis for that qb room being better than Card and Thompson.

I rest my case your honor. 😛
Except the expectation is that Card was going to be better than Morris.

And neither of them ever had a performance like Thompson in the Alamo Bowl.

Really, who gives a crap about what a coach says in a tunnel before a big game. Obviously written up by a UT hater trying to get some clicks. If only Sark had that much fire while he was coaching in a game.
agreed

Objection, speculative your honor.

Judge GIF by CBS

I kind of feel the same way.
At what point do we start looking at Sark as the reason behind Ewers’ lack of development and progression??? If Ewers puts in the work and still struggles…eventually eyes will be on Sark…

At what point do we start looking at Sark as the reason behind Ewers’ lack of development and progression??? If Ewers puts in the work and still struggles…eventually eyes will be on Sark…
I think he keeps getting the benefit of the doubt as long as prospects like Arch give it to him.

Reactions: Eagle Fang
@Ketchum

Outside of 2004, 2005, 2008 and 2009 seasons....

Texas has gone 170-96 since 1998, a 64% win pct. (51 losses since 2014)
Texas has gone 61-51 since Mack Brown left town, a 54% win pct.
Before Colt got hit in the Rose Bowl NCG, Texas had lost more than 3 games once (1999) since Mack arrived in Austin.

What did Mack do that was so magical? Was Mack a X's and O's wizard? Was he a coach players would run through that brick wall for? Nah, he recruited like a maniac! He also had continuity within his offense (Greg Davis) for years.

If Sark can continue to recruit at a high rate, he will have success. Today is a much different landscape, NIL and Portal, but both those factors SHOULD weigh in favor of Texas and its resources.

@Ketchum

Outside of 2004, 2005, 2008 and 2009 seasons....

Texas has gone 170-96 since 1998, a 64% win pct. (51 losses since 2014)
Texas has gone 61-51 since Mack Brown left town, a 54% win pct.
Before Colt got hit in the Rose Bowl NCG, Texas had lost more than 3 games once (1999) since Mack arrived in Austin.

What did Mack do that was so magical? Was Mack a X's and O's wizard? Was he a coach players would run through that brick wall for? Nah, he recruited like a maniac! He also had continuity within his offense (Greg Davis) for years.

If Sark can continue to recruit at a high rate, he will have success. Today is a much different landscape, NIL and Portal, but both those factors SHOULD weigh in favor of Texas and its resources.

Mack would have played for a national title at UNC if not for Florida State.

Do you remember who his quarterback was for those teams?

Everything, Everywhere All at Once…I don’t get it, I tried to watch and just couldn’t…nor could my son…

Reactions: LonghornCPA82
Mack would have played for a national title at UNC if not for Florida State.

Do you remember who his quarterback was for those teams?
The reason he couldn't beat Florida State is because they couldn't score.

Lost 20-3 1996
Lost 13-0 1997
Lost 28-12 1995

You don't know what you're talking about.

I know what I've said and written.

Worthy needing to improve and assholes not acting like assholes are not mutually exclusive. They can both happen together and make the world a better place.

Also, you asked who took a shot?

On top of bringing up a comment about Shaka (who has taken three programs to the Tournament and been to a Final Four), you talk about my credibility. YOU took a shot.

OWN IT, Seved.
And I quote from your article on December 26: "For all the unfair talk about his body language and dropped passes this season, the truth of the matter is that Xavier Worthy loves being a Texas Longhorn"

Perhaps you are correct that Worthy does love being a Longhorn. But tell me again why it is "unfair" to talk about his "body language and dropped passes"---and i would add lack of effort to adjust to a less than perfect throw.

And if you don't believe that this a budding problem in the locker room, you need to check other sources. J. Sanders was not in Worthy's face in the 3rd quarter saying "Nice effort!"

My point has been the same---your statement on the 26th was just wrong...and is dangerous. Accountability is the hallmark of a team. Accepting substandard effort and attitude will lead to more problems than we already have. Pointing out the obvious is not being an asshole---it is being honest. And before you lump me in with those you generally refer to as "assholes", read what I wrote and tell me how you reach that conclusion.

Everything, Everywhere All at Once…I don’t get it, I tried to watch and just couldn’t…nor could my son…
It takes a little while for it to completely come together, but when it does... it's out of this world good.

And I quote from your article on December 26: "For all the unfair talk about his body language and dropped passes this season, the truth of the matter is that Xavier Worthy loves being a Texas Longhorn"

Perhaps you are correct that Worthy does love being a Longhorn. But tell me again why it is "unfair" to talk about his "body language and dropped passes"---and i would add lack of effort to adjust to a less than perfect throw.

And if you don't believe that this a budding problem in the locker room, you need to check other sources. J. Sanders was not in Worthy's face in the 3rd quarter saying "Nice effort!"

My point has been the same---your statement on the 26th was just wrong...and is dangerous. Accountability is the hallmark of a team. Accepting substandard effort and attitude will lead to more problems than we already have. Pointing out the obvious is not being an asshole---it is being honest. And before you lump me in with those you generally refer to as "assholes", read what I wrote and tell me how you reach that conclusion.
You took one random comment, took it out of its full context and then wantrf it to do all the work for you.

I was the first person in this market to call out Worthy for not doing enough this season and not having good body language.

It's ridiculous to confuse me saying people shouldn't go overboard in the criticism with somehow being a mark for him that isn't willing to be critical.

I'm literally critical of him in this column. You just ignored it.

• Haha
Reactions: jtweezy3
Revisionist history, at its best. You were the first person who called out Worthy? Then how was it " unfair" to criticize Worthy for his body language , as you wrote on the 26th---and then you reacted badly when others---including me---did not agree. And here you are a week later saying you led the charge in criticizing Worthy? Come on, Ketch. You run a hell of a website, but when you screw up, just admit it and go on.

Revisionist history, at its best. You were the first person who called out Worthy? Then how was it " unfair" to criticize Worthy for his body language , as you wrote on the 26th---and then you reacted badly when others---including me---did not agree. And here you are a week later saying you led the charge in criticizing Worthy? Come on, Ketch. You run a hell of a website, but when you screw up, just admit it and go on.
It was ok to be critical. It's not ok to be so critical that the criticism goes overboard.

This isn't rocket science.

• Haha
Reactions: jtweezy3
I guess there’s nothing new on the Beard front?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT