ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Time for Sark to do what others have)

I feel fine about the direction Sark had things going this year.
The only thing that held us back from winning the conference this year was Quinn Ewers. Which is the most ironic thing ever to say. Had anyone told me that when Quinn committed that he was going to be the thing holding us back in 23' I would have called the police to report that person.
I have not given up on Quinn but we are going to be in the exact same situation next year. Our season will be made or broken by how well he plays.

While I agree that Sark did not get as much as he should have out of his QBs in both '21 and '22, I think he should be cut some slack for '21 in that he had a culture issue to overcome that was more significant than most will admit AND the OL play was poor. The latter led to having two unproven QBs scrambling for thier lives.

That leads us to '22. If it is correct that Sark has been given a long-leash by CDC/Eltife that at least partially led to his starting Ewers over Card it meant that '22 opened with a 'virgin' college QB. Compared to Tech with a RS-Sr, TCU a Sr, and Baylor and K St with RS-Sophs.

If Sam Ehlinger had stayed for '22 how many more games would Sark have won in his opening season with the experienced QB? I think at least 2-3.

If Sark had not gotten Ewers to transfer (which I think everyone agrees was a welcomed move) then either Casey or Card would have started this year. How many more W's would Sark have gotten from the more experienced QBs? I think 2-3.

That would give him in '21 a 7-5 or 8-4 season...not too shabby....and in '22 at least a 10-3 season...again not too shabby.

I agree Sark needs to get more out of his team and his QBs, however, if Sam stayed and Ewers had not transferred it would have been a very different QB room for both seasons that likely would have led to more Ws for Sark in those years...but maybe not for the long-term...which is how Sark is being judged by his bosses. This last assumption changes the prism as to how all UT fans ultimately should be judging the '22 season.
You know where you don't hear excuses?

Ft. Worth.

As a mathematician and a committed Physics hobbyist, I can honestly say that your #1 movie should really be titled: “The f#$%^ing idiot’s guide to the multiverse”. There a so many things that are Hollywood approved but so so wrong technically (even if you believe in any of the versions of a multiverse) that I lost count. Ok Ok i know it’s entertainment, but there are so many ridiculous-level premises in this movie that it’s hard, if not impossible to watch, even given miles (or light years). Of poetic license.

Comic Con Ok GIF

You're saying a fight scene with a butt plug isn't mathematically accurate or abides by the laws of physics?

Maybe you should hone in more on the entertainment part of your reply. It's a good movie.
There are hot dog fingers. Probably not the movie for someone wanting to quibble over a universe where people have hot dog fingers.

You are being an apologist, Ketch. How would you handle the situation? Do you admit there is a problem? This happens a lot with you. Should I remind you that "Shaka Smart is a damn good coach". Your credibility suffers when you refuse to acknowledge problems because they affect your pet players or coaches. And Worthy is clearly one of those.
I'm not sure what you're struggling with besides what was written.

Worthy has to be better in a number of areas. His body language needs to be better. His effort needs to be better. His consistency needs to be better. His end product needs to be better.

All stuff that is outlined.

Maybe next time I can call you on the phone and read it for you. I'll volunteer if it means you won't take unneeded shots at me out of your own ability to process words.

based on what?

TCU would have traded quarterback rooms in a hurry.
I mean, he (Duggin) started half of 2019, all of 2020 and half of 2021. Morris finished out the 2021 season, and won the starting job. So Duggin had been an effective starter for almost two years and got beat out by someone perceived to be more talented.

Just from my perspective that feels like a better QB room than Card and Thompson, but maybe I’m off base here. 🤷‍♂️

b. The fans cut him a break.
Ketch, I seem to remember from some time back someone mentioning that XW has a personal relationship with Sark--something to the effect that Sark has embraced XW as a part of his family or something like that.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering it. But if so, what is the nature of their relationship? And is it possible that it's clouding Sark's commitment to playing the best players or to avoiding favoritism?

For me, this is emerging as the potential fatal flaw in Sark's chances of making it as a head coach.

(1) I haven't seen a lot of the movies on your list, but I'm moving them to my own list. I did see your top two. I would do the ol' reverse leap frog of Everything, Everywhere ... to No 3 to Top Gun's No 2. In all seriousness, even considering I haven't seem several of your other top movies, I would rank Puss in Boots: The Last Wish (I'm dead serious) at No 1. We saw that on Christmas evening with my wife and 4 yo. We sang, I belly-laughed, and I cried multiple times. I'm even considering seeing it again at the theater! We had a really nice Christmas day, so maybe I was biased, but that was the first movie in years that I walked out saying, that was the best movie I've seen in years (or, possibly, the movie that's made me feel the best that I've felt in years).

(2) Love the simple mustard dog! That's all you need.

(3) Don't sleep on Maalik! I would love if Ewers would shave his head and al quaeda beard into a long horseshoe mustache (or something cool) to symbolically and completely leave the previous, uninspired Ewers behind in order to metamorphosis into the quarterback that matches his hype. That would, at least, be the best case scenario (minus the make-over). However, with what I've heard about Maalik and his fabled charismatic leadership quality, if the lightbulb doesn't come on for Ewers, that may be the next best case scenario - though all of that is tempered with, "that's what I've heard" about Maalik.

(4) Worthy. I agree with you that you don't bring the pitchforks to run that kind of talent out of town based on the gripes (albeit very valid gripes) that he has elicited this year. He and Ewers just need to get their respective chi's centered and in sync. I still have a negative taste about his performance this year, but after a sober re-watch of the Alamo Bowl, Worthy was quietly solid up until the unexcusable lapses, which seems to be the theme for the year. (My sober re-watch also rehabilitated my view of Ewers' performance - I think I originally micro-napped during the 3rd quarter.)

(5) I concur with Anwar that Texas needs to win the Big 12 Championship next year or bust. The maturing of the really young talent along with the addition of some of the monster recruits makes it seem possible. And, if Texas and OU enter the SEC in the 2024 season, talent and maturity-wise, I think Texas, with either Ewers or Arch (or even Maalik), would have a legit shot at their first SEC title - 'Bama, Georgia be damned. I know, there's a lot of orange koolade there, and Sark has to also show improvement, but year 3 of that O-line should be prime time!
1. :oops: :oops: :oops:

2. No need to make it rocket science.

3. Not sleeping on maalik. hell, I'm rooting for him, but I also rooted for Chance Mock. Sometime the train comes and you just get run over.

4. mostly agree.

5. It's just excuses at this point if it doesn't happen.

I feel fine about the direction Sark had things going this year.
The only thing that held us back from winning the conference this year was Quinn Ewers. Which is the most ironic thing ever to say. Had anyone told me that when Quinn committed that he was going to be the thing holding us back in 23' I would have called the police to report that person.
I have not given up on Quinn but we are going to be in the exact same situation next year. Our season will be made or broken by how well he plays.
QB play matters... a LOT.

I mean, he (Duggin) started half of 2019, all of 2020 and half of 2021. Morris finished out the 2021 season, and won the starting job. So Duggin had been an effective starter for almost two years and got beat out by someone perceived to be more talented.

Just from my perspective that feels like a better QB room than Card and Thompson, but maybe I’m off base here. 🤷‍♂️

He has a career 142 rating... and that includes this year.

Ketch, I seem to remember from some time back someone mentioning that XW has a personal relationship with Sark--something to the effect that Sark has embraced XW as a part of his family or something like that.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering it. But if so, what is the nature of their relationship? And is it possible that it's clouding Sark's commitment to playing the best players or to avoiding favoritism?

For me, this is emerging as the potential fatal flaw in Sark's chances of making it as a head coach.

They do have a good relationship and I think he tried to force things too much with Worthy down the field. DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH HIM!

I'm not sure what you're struggling with besides what was written.

Worthy has to be better in a number of areas. His body language needs to be better. His effort needs to be better. His consistency needs to be better. His end product needs to be better.

All stuff that is outlined.

Maybe next time I can call you on the phone and read it for you. I'll volunteer if it means you won't take unneeded shots at me out of your own ability to process words.
Ah, who took a shot and acted unprofessionally? Read what you wrote last week and this week. Who wrote that Worthy was being criticized "unfairly'. OWN IT, ketch.

I think I'm going to need a reference for you statement. If not, why should anyone believe you? You're really not famous yet.
It’s mainly because I travel around incognito. plus, nobody has to believe me, ever. In this case you could just check out Blue’s social media accounts. It’s not hard

Kids do shit like this in 2022.
I’m old school, if I say something or do something it’s because I mean it. Guess that doesn’t hold true today with these kids. Hard to read em when they play so many mind games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT