ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Time for Sark to do what others have)

In 2023, Sark has got to win at least 10 games and play for the BIG 12 Championship. But most of all...STOP LOSING TO TEAMS YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BEAT...AND STOP LOSING GAMES AFTER YOU HAVE A DOUBLE DIGIT LEAD GOING INTO THE 4TH QTR!!!
completely fair.

We beat up the Texas coach with the lack of development, and then we beat them up with the lack of instant success. The freshman and sophomore’s from the 21 and 22 class need time in the oven. The bench mark should be 9 wins and getting a big win.

We beat them when they fail to measure the level of success of those around them in tougher situations.

"Controllables" - There are things in life you can control and things you cant. Worthy cant control certain things like height, body genetics, etc - but he CAN control his attitude or "perceived" attitude, work ethic, effort to get on the same page as his QB, his communication (maturity in what he says and what he does), etc. Sorry but now that he has six-figs NIL, he has that responsibility and more importantly expectation. You cant shoot you mouth off or act disinterested anymore. You cant. He is not a kid anymore. Sark seems to have a connection with him so I hope he is coaching him on this.

Until he fixes this and changes (which he has total control over), he's not getting a break from me. He let down his teammates with those drops especially with his attitude prior to the game where he was rumored "gone" again.

I can appreciate those great stats, but even those have an alternate side of them. He's incredibly talented and its easy to rack up alot of that over inferior teams. How much of that was clutch. When has he had a clutch performance? He had that chance last Thursday.

I manage alot of employees. Some very good performers. But if I have a very good statistical performer, that does not come through when I need him to repeatedly AND does not fix things that he can control (selfish attitude, not a team player, etc), well sometimes you have to make those tough decisions on what's good for the team versus an individual. It seems like Sanders is the only
one to visually show that but im sure there are alot of others that feel that way as well.

I'll be the FIRST one to congratulate him and support him if he first changes the things he can control. It's not that hard.
He has to make self improvements. Period. No doubt about it,

Great stuff, Ketch.

All good points on Worthy, but…1. Once you’re getting paid you no longer have the luxury of getting “slack” from the fans, and 2. It feels like he has gotten a ton more targets than the other guys on the list. In other words, it is kind of like a basketball player getting his points (through volume shooting) but not making the rest of the team better.

I’m rooting for him but time to step up.
He gets more targets because he's by far and away the team's best and most dynamic target.

I would offer they've often been bad targets that don't take advantage of his and his quarterback's primary strengths.

Reactions: Rudygamble
Here’s a tidbit Brian Jones told me yesterday: since 2010 we have he same number of wins as Navy and Fresno St. Let that soak in.
Did he also say playing time decisions are still being made based off race or did he stop spreading that lie?

Help me remember - when other teams have changed conferences (CU, NU, Mizzou, etc) did they stay in the conference they were leaving for 3 years after the announcement?
All this drama about the B12 refs and scheduling is getting tiresome. I don’t remember it being a thing when other teams switched.

Help me remember - when other teams have changed conferences (CU, NU, Mizzou, etc) did they stay in the conference they were leaving for 3 years after the announcement?
All this drama about the B12 refs and scheduling is getting tiresome. I don’t remember it being a thing when other teams switched.
No, they didn't stay three years.

Only one more year!

He gets more targets because he's by far and away the team's best and most dynamic target.

I would offer they've often been bad targets that don't take advantage of his and his quarterback's primary strengths.
Yup. Xavier Worthy is DeVonta Smith or Jerry Jeudy (ideal average depth of target around 8-10 yards) and Sark used him in 2022 like he was Jaylen Waddle (ideal aDOT 11-13) because we had no Waddle.

I would have rather miscast Whittington as the Waddle - he at least had the initials.

Good insight on the Worthy situation. If he’s on the team week one, all will be forgotten about what he said. But, if he can’t resolve the drops issue it doesn’t matter where he plays.

One thing that should matter in our evaluation of Sark was the terrible line situations. (Seriously, how does Herman bring in one 3 star olineman his last year.). My belief was Sark skipped the portal to strike it rich in line recruiting. Stars wise it seems to have worked. Now it needs to pay dividends on the field. However, a couple of portal lineman would have probably resulted in enough wins for bowl eligibility in year one.

Good insight on the Worthy situation. If he’s on the team week one, all will be forgotten about what he said. But, if he can’t resolve the drops issue it doesn’t matter where he plays.

One thing that should matter in our evaluation of Sark was the terrible line situations. (Seriously, how does Herman bring in one 3 star olineman his last year.). My belief was Sark skipped the portal to strike it rich in line recruiting. Stars wise it seems to have worked. Now it needs to pay dividends on the field. However, a couple of portal lineman would have probably resulted in enough wins for bowl eligibility in year one.
The drops were a major deal the other night, but I don't think they are big issue in general.

He had 7 in 12 games coming into the bowl game. Given his volume of targets, one every couple of games isn't worth getting too worked up about.

He had more touchdown receptions than drops.

Even if the big 12 could try to screw Texas and OU by not playing each other, the two schools would just make it a non conference game and then neither team would get a conference loss. The only real downside would be that it probably wouldn't be in October.

If they are lettin 2023 schedule drive negotiations then someone has lost their mind.
What power does Texas alone have to block a schedule? Isn’t it just a supermajority of others that need to agree?

Ketch, would it be possible to write an article that compared the number of drops vs. number of targets. Then compare that number to receivers of the past.
I don’t remember Shipley, Cosby, Duvernay or Johnson having nearly so many drops.

1) Easier said then done w/ the portal when it comes to OL, pass rushing and playmaking OL.

2) While Team Sark is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better at recruiting/prioritizing OL than Strong/Herman, they were also really fortunate in 2022 w/ the depth and UT affinity of the Texas crop. As Sark showed, that well was dry of talent in 2020 and sometimes you get guys who are never coming here (T.J. Shanahan in 2023).

Ketch, would it be possible to write an article that compared the number of drops vs. number of targets. Then compare that number to receivers of the past.
I don’t remember Shipley, Cosby, Duvernay or Johnson having nearly so many drops.
I'll see what I can do. Not sure where to get those numbers from.

Reactions: HookemChargers
I fully agree with @Ketchum and @Anwar Richardson that next year Sark must lead the team to Big 12 Champ game, at minimum. That means 9 wins in regular season minimum or else high risk not to make it in.

To get these, what does Texas need and when will these be known?
*Schedule - Screw job or not
*Filling gaps from Portal and/or development? Edge, WR, DB, DT etc

If Texas gets somewhat fair schedule and fills the 4 positions above with Portal, B/S that Texas gets 9 wins minimum in reg season?

Bless your heart. You're not even aware of what's possible in this world.

You can change your handle any time you want, just ask. But, JiminyCricket might be taken, already.

Can I change my handle to Turd Ferguson.

I requested it months ago, but still shows pending

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT