ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Time for the UT staff to do its thing...)

This season will be a repeat of last season. We will have a 5-7 record again. No bowl game again....

QB = we have two guys that weren't able to finish their freshman year as the starting QB. (unproven QBs).

RB = Amazing.

WR = Xavier is awesome. Whit had 26 receptions and Marcus Washington had 18. (others unproven!)

TE = Brewer 22 receptions (others unproven!)

OL = poor OL last year and this year one or two true freshmen.

Defense: points allowed the first 3 games - 58. Points allowed final 3 games - 105. I know looking at points per game like this is horribly flawed.... But it does suggest we didn't show any significant improvement.

There are so many unproven players, I don't know if it is reasonable to assume we will be even a little better.... I hope I'm wrong.
I think you're wrong, but I wouldn't go super crazy on any predictions north of 7-5 or 8-4.

Texas was on the wrong end of almost every coin flip last season.

Of course, it also was on the right end on the injury front, ironically.

If this staff is truly elite, it should be able to rival just about anything Dave Arranda and his staff were able to pull off in their second season in Waco.
that would make for a fun season.

@Ketchum
Re:
Overall records against the spread

Geoff 44-39-3
Jason 42-38-6
Anwar 43-40-3
Dustin 34-35-5
Alex 39-46-1

Okay, I too am a numbers nerd. I'm trying to figure out...since you all are picking the same games, why are the "pushes" different? Surely seems that number should be the same for each person.

@Ketchum
Re:
Overall records against the spread

Geoff 44-39-3
Jason 42-38-6
Anwar 43-40-3
Dustin 34-35-5
Alex 39-46-1

Okay, I too am a numbers nerd. I'm trying to figure out...since you all are picking the same games, why are the "pushes" different? Surely seems that number should be the same for each person.

If the line on a game is Texas -7 and one of us picks an outcome that is exactly the point spread (say Texas wins 28-21), it makes it impossible for there to be a win or loss because there wasn't room on either side of the prediction.

If the line on a game is Texas -7 and one of us picks an outcome that is exactly the point spread (say Texas wins 28-21), it makes it impossible for there to be a win or loss because there wasn't room on either side of the prediction.
I understand what a push is. If you took the 28 pt team or the 21 pt team you both pushed the 7.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT