ADVERTISEMENT

Like Dirty Penny

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
According to Del Conte MB coming back to help Herman, just can't get rid of his ass...Gonna teach DKR to him. Now I know we gonna be F'ed, all you Herman lover's ought to be Poppin in ya draws... I told y'all when they hired Jr his Daddy M was somewhere in background, guess ESPN got tired of him

Hook'em

Last edited:
According to Del Conte MB coming back to help Herman, just can't get rid of his ass...Gonna teach DKR to him. Now I know we gonna be F'ed, all you Herman lover's ought to be Poppin in ya draws... I told y'all when they hired Jr his Daddy M was somewhere in background, guess ESPN got tired of him

Hook'em

Let it go, FB. I get that you can't stand Herman, but how many times do you have to say this? :rolleyes:

I think it is too soon to bring back Mack for that kind of role. He is still way too polarizing of a figure to our fan base. I think Del Conte has misjudged this one in his desire to have Mack as a fundraising asset. Del Conte needs to keep Mack's role to trotting him out to the blue hairs for fundraising for a bit longer.

Mack Brown record at Texas by year,9-3,9-5,9-3,11-2,11-2,10-3,11-1,13-0,10-3,12-1,13-1,5-7,8-5,.9-4. I have not seen those records since he left and it would not hurt to listen to what the man has to say.In fact,if I was a coach at Texas I would be glad to listen.

Last edited:
Mack Brown record at Texas by year,9-3,9-5,9-3,11-2,11-2,10-3,11-1,13-0,10-3,12-1,13-1,5-7,8-5,.9-4. I have not seen those records since he left and it would not hurt to listen to what the man has to say.In fact,if I was a coach at Texas I would be glad to listen.

And the part to where he quit on us at the end and got us where we have been last 4or 5 yrs.

Hook'em

Absolutely! Any true Texas fan would take a duplicate of that run!

And the part to where he quit on us at the end and got us where we have been last 4or 5 yrs.

Hook'em

Why do you conveniently skip past all of Coach Brown's success and dwell on nothing but the negative? Three BCS wins, multiple bowl wins, a national championship and played for another. To hear you tell it, he was the worst coach it UT history. :rolleyes:

All y'all keep on this CS stuff..that guys died and gone to me, I had my opinion and it was told.

MB was a good coach when he started and up until the last yes and he dropped off or he would still be here,i challenge anyone of you to tell me that he did not lay it down the last year's, left us with out the players and in a hard. Way or we would not be here now the way we are.their a lot that like him and more that don't because of the ending of his tenure. So CS has nothing to do with this, you better hope Herman wins as I do or we be put back another 5yrs

Hook'em

I’ve been a Herman critic, but I have to say he has a lot of momuitem building with the bowl win and stud recruiting class, and Orlando elected to stay. All things are major positives goimg in to year 2. Having said that though. With the decssion to keep Beck, and apperentl decssion thus far not to call plays himself does make week 1 agsinst Maryland critically important for Herman. Lay another egg or a win, but no improvement on offense to speak of, and I think even some of the Herman supporters are going to get restless.

All y'all keep on this CS stuff..that guys died and gone to me, I had my opinion and it was told.

MB was a good coach when he started and up until the last yes and he dropped off or he would still be here,i challenge anyone of you to tell me that he did not lay it down the last year's, left us with out the players and in a hard. Way or we would not be here now the way we are.their a lot that like him and more that don't because of the ending of his tenure. So CS has nothing to do with this, you better hope Herman wins as I do or we be put back another 5yrs

Hook'em

Again, all you do is focus on Coach Brown's last few years. Did he get complacent towards the end? Yes. The good he did for the program by far outweighs the negative, and he put Texas back on the map and made the program relevant in the college football scene and won a national championship! Good grief. Let it go, man.

Again, all you do is focus on Coach Brown's last few years. Did he get complacent towards the end? Yes. The good he did for the program by far outweighs the negative, and he put Texas back on the map and made the program relevant in the college football scene and won a national championship! Good grief. Let it go, man.

Put us on the map and tools off also , we will see, proof is in the pudding

Hook'em

With his winning record why didn't someone grab him up after Texas?

Hook'em

With his winning record why didn't someone grab him up after Texas?

Hook'em

I could have sworn I enjoyed watching UT consistently be one of the top teams in the country year after year when Brown was coach, but I guess that didn't happen because he didn't get another head coaching job after he left Texas.

Reactions: Oldmanastro

Mack did all he could to sabotage CS on his way out. Some of us aren't ready to forgive him for that. If Mack hadn't don't that then I'd be all for bringing him back in some capacity.

cddea38b6709caba6b5865544b68d21c.jpg

Mack did all he could to sabotage CS on his way out. Some of us aren't ready to forgive him for that. If Mack hadn't don't that then I'd be all for bringing him back in some capacity.

The really unfortunate thing is, Mack sabotaged the hiring of Nick Saban at Texas. :(

^^^
Plus after preaching, 'commit to the school not the coach' for years he told the players he help them find new schools once he was the one on the way out.

^^^
Plus after preaching, 'commit to the school not the coach' for years he told the players he help them find new schools once he was the one on the way out.
I cannot find fault with that since he knew the players and families and had a commitment to them.Most staff changes are also about players.

Last edited:
Are you sure Saban was not just using Texas as a more "money Grab Contract" at Alabama???

I heard from a very reliable source that Saban was coming to Texas, had verbally agreed to a contract and had started assembling his staff. Mack drug his feet and drug his feet about retiring and Saban got impatient and said, screw it, I'll stay at Alabama. He got a big raise as a result of the flirtation with Texas, which was much more than flirtation.

Reactions: oldhorn2

Hook'em
Cotton #12: r u Mike Cotton the QB of years yon?

Cotton #12: r u Mike Cotton the QB of years yon?
nope
I heard from a very reliable source that Saban was coming to Texas, had verbally agreed to a contract and had started assembling his staff. Mack drug his feet and drug his feet about retiring and Saban got impatient and said, screw it, I'll stay at Alabama. He got a big raise as a result of the flirtation with Texas, which was much more than flirtation.
I have not heard that report but If Saban really wanted the job,he could have waited.As for Mack,he lost the National Championship to Alabama and most Texas fans feel it was the loss of Colt.Then,you are going to replace him at Texas with Saban and my guess the two do not send Christmas cards and maybe the thought of losing the National Championship and then your job was too much for Mack to handle and not deserved based on his overall record.He may not agree on how the teams of the deep south Sec do business.

Reactions: Pumpedup55
I heard the same from a well connected relative.

Reactions: LonghornMM

Honest question: What did he do to sabotage Strong? I know facilities needed upgrading, but I guess maybe I just don't remember. With respect to Mack Brown, it seems like the Muschamp "Head Coach in waiting" thing also contributed to some of Mack's late issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT