ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The blueprint to stop Washington)

Wow. That Washington podcast was crazy.

The number of times they mentioned the OL award as evidence they will win is crazy.

Another reason they will win is because they have been disrespected by the national media and their revenge fantasy will come true.

Watching that Washington podcast and I don't even know why Texas even takes the field on Monday night as they stand no chance to even make it a competitive game 😏

They feel the same way. ;)

With all the talk and analysis that has been everywhere, that was a great move, Geoff, getting John Harris to do an analysis of the game.

John Harris knows the game, he's a great Xs and Os analyst and, really, the only voice worth listening to on the radio in Houston. That was a really insightful take he gave you, and hopefully P.K. will scheme Washington's receivers with some Belichick-style strategy.
It makes a LOT of sense. As soon as he started with his answer, I knew that it needed to be in the column.

Everytime one of the hosts would give their homer analysis, another one would one up the homerism scale. And it just kept going. I can't believe I listened to the entire thing. But it was damn entertaining...
It was definitely entertaining.

I feel your pain on fantasy football.

Tony Pollard not getting the ball into the end zone (even though the rest of his body did) on that goal line play in Miami cost me $800 smh.
No more kicks in the balls for me.

Both Maestro and The Killer rated as 2 of my worst films on 2023 🍿 🎥🤷🏻‍♂️
exactly GIF

If either Margot Robbie or Ryan Gosling beat out Lily Gladstone or Robert DeNiro I just might slit my own throat. I don't know what you or anyone else is smoking to think that Barbie is Oscar worthy. Was it a mildly amusing film with a good message cleverly (and intentionally) hiding under the veneer of vapidness? Yes. Praiseworthy? Sure. Oscar worthy? Only in one's goofy imagination.

Oppenheimer should sweep just about every other award. Sadly, it should be Nolan's third best director Oscar, not his first.
a. Barbie is THE movie event of the year. It literally made a billion dollars world-wide.

b. That movie could have been horrible in the wrong hands, but Robbie pulls it off in a way that I'm not sure any other actress today could have pulled off. She's spectacular in it.

c. Gosling is the betting favorite for best supporting actor.

Wow. That Washington podcast was crazy.

The number of times they mentioned the OL award as evidence they will win is crazy.

Another reason they will win is because they have been disrespected by the national media and their revenge fantasy will come true.

It's wild how disrespected they believe they've been treated. They are the No.2 team in the playoffs. What is it that they are looking for? Oral favors?

* General thought: "We've gone 13-0 (against) arguably the first or the second most difficult schedule in the country, so, like, why wouldn't we think we could just do it again?"
Thats a special level of delusion. The Pac has been unimpressive this bowl season. UWs schedule was pretty weak outside of Oregon (which was probably overrated too).

Thats a special level of delusion. The Pac has been unimpressive this bowl season. UWs schedule was pretty weak outside of Oregon (which was probably overrated too).
They believe the Pac-12 is significantly better than the Big 12.

I think we can concede that the league did have better quarterback play, but that's about it.

(Sell) Last I heard from my best source was that Sanders is leaning towards going pro. Things could or might have changed, but I stick with the last word I had for now.

What went unanswered is interesting

Great Read @Ketchum. Really good stuff on how to defend the UW offense. I'll be watching for those specific things tonight. On the movie thing, only one I saw was Oppenheim. I blame it on Orangebloods Live, because I easily watched a few thousand hours of that in 2023. Happy New Year dude! Let's GO HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum
Great Read @Ketchum. Really good stuff on how to defend the UW offense. I'll be watching for those specific things tonight. On the movie thing, only one I saw was Oppenheim. I blame it on Orangebloods Live, because I easily watched a few thousand hours of that in 2023. Happy New Year dude! Let's GO HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love to hear that!

Reactions: utsaappt802
Nothing has changed with Ewers. He's expected to return, but if he explodes in these last couple of games... well... all bets are off IMO.

Well, you know where I’ve been on that since mid November

Great write up Ketch and I watched you and Chad Hastings’ show this past Friday….heard the Harris interview and totally thought the same thing.
Bring pressure from defensive right side and force Penix to run to his right. I truly think that’s the main ingredient for limiting them.

Also, I think you did great with Chad Hastings on your show. He brings intelligence, wit and some really well thought out observations. I rarely have the time to commit to watching routinely but I’ll be tuning in more when I can.

Kudos to OB for another year in the books with stellar Horns’ coverage.

Reactions: Ketchum
Great write up Ketch and I watched you and Chad Hastings’ show this past Friday….heard the Harris interview and totally thought the same thing.
Bring pressure from defensive right side and force Penix to run to his right. I truly think that’s the main ingredient for limiting them.

Also, I think you did great with Chad Hastings on your show. He brings intelligence, wit and some really well thought out observations. I rarely have the time to commit to watching routinely but I’ll be tuning in more when I can.

Kudos to OB for another year in the books with stellar Horns’ coverage.
Thanks for taking the time to give us such warm, wonderful words. Thank you!

Losing Rori for the year is horrible. She's a huge difference maker. We have a scrappy team, but no one can replace her. The Baylor point guard killed us the whole game. As much as I like freshman Booker, she's more of a shooting guard like Shaylee and Holle. Coach Vic is going to have to his best coaching job of the year. If we make the Sweet Sixteen, we have had a helluva year! The basketball gods let us down.

Reactions: sparker39
Losing Rori for the year is horrible. She's a huge difference maker. We have a scrappy team, but no one can replace her. The Baylor point guard killed us the whole game. As much as I like freshman Booker, she's more of a shooting guard like Shaylee and Holle. Coach Vic is going to have to his best coaching job of the year. If we make the Sweet Sixteen, we have had a helluva year! The basketball gods let us down.
It's horrible that this happened as she's starting to reach her zenith as a college basketball player. This is when she should be going to the moon and taking the team with her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT